Insufficient space on device?

Guest vikings123

Guest vikings123

I believe I am not the first one, nor the last one, to encounter this error message when trying to update Apps.

I checked and found over 58.5MB left on the internal space.

Any solution, beside removing more Apps?

I believe I am not the first one, nor the last one, to encounter this error message when trying to update Apps.

I checked and found over 58.5MB left on the internal space.

Any solution, beside removing more Apps?

root the device

install and partition an external sd card with a ext2 partition of say around 1.5gig

install link2sd

use link2sd to move ALL your user apps over to the ext2 partition

use link2sd to link dalvik-cache and lib files for all your user apps over to ext2 partition

install titanium backup pro

use titanium backup pro to move all the dalvik-cache files for your system apps back into /sys/ partition.

nett result on my device 175+ apps installed and around 70mg free space on internal.

you can also look at using titanium backup to move your move commonly user apps into the spare space on the /sys/ partition

Westa

Guest vikings123

root the device

install and partition an external sd card with a ext2 partition of say around 1.5gig

install link2sd

Thanks for the suggestions.

I don't use Ext partition. I am kind of lazy to re-partition my SD, though it is huge.

I tried to remove more Apps and cleaned up 89 MB on internal space. Still have the same error message.

That's not right.

I just want to update my Google Map to 6.0.

Am I asking for too much?

Guest stoorzsto

Thanks for the suggestions.

I don't use Ext partition. I am kind of lazy to re-partition my SD, though it is huge.

I tried to remove more Apps and cleaned up 89 MB on internal space. Still have the same error message.

That's not right.

I just want to update my Google Map to 6.0.

Am I asking for too much?

use root explorer and into /cache see what space left .

Guest vikings123

Trash laziness and partition :)

Sent from my Liquid MT using Tapatalk

Good suggestion.

I will think about it over the weekend.

Actually, I flashed TL ROM and updated the Maps.

Guest ciauasd

hello all! :)

I apparently have the same problem:

- I can not download from the market because the memory is too low

- I can not update the phone with the official procedure of the acer because the memory is too low

to try to repair the smartphone I removed the recovery, and I put the original rom, then i have upgraded to firmware 4.000.13 with wi-fi, I did the hard reset, I followed every method that I found on the internet ...

the problem is not resolved.

Now I've installed the t&l ROM and i've 86.16 mb free on internal memory.

as written in this topic I used explorer to browse the root folder "cache" ...

-at the top is written: 58.34 MB used, 680K free, r / w.

-there are only two empty folders.

know how to help me? :(

Edited by ciauasd

well said my friend!

In my experience I am a very happy with dmd but you can choose any Rom as long as it supports Link2sd (the only true solution to space problem I've found).

Backup your sd to pc, partition it from recovery (I did 1.5 gb to Link2sd) and be happy. A little "waste" of time and pain definitely worth a total boost to your phone :)

Sent from my Liquid MT using Tapatalk

Guest stoorzsto

Look this topic.

It can move your /cache/download to /sdcard/cache-download.

And it will have larger space for download apps.

I use this mod for my metal(CM7.4) and it works well.:)

Guest vikings123

Look this topic.

It can move your /cache/download to /sdcard/cache-download.

And it will have larger space for download apps.

I use this mod for my metal(CM7.4) and it works well.:)

This sounds interesting to give it a shot. But I can not find any download link.

Does any one know any link?

Guest ciauasd

ok, i will try this procedure to repair my smartphone temporally...

is there a procedure to reset the system chache?

in /cache are free only 760Kb but this folder is empity!

HELP!

Guest davidevinavil

hey! /cache/ is empity! but i've free only 700Kb...

what i must do?

Send metal at Acer service it's the only way. It's an hardware fail and they will change your motherboard

Guest MisfitGeek

root the device

install link2sd

use link2sd to move ALL your user apps over to the ext2 partition

use link2sd to link dalvik-cache and lib files for all your user apps over to ext2 partition

install titanium backup pro

use titanium backup pro to move all the dalvik-cache files for your system apps back into /sys/ partition.

nett result on my device 175+ apps installed and around 70mg free space on internal.

you can also look at using titanium backup to move your move commonly user apps into the spare space on the /sys/ partition

Westa

Wonderful!

Before I also had memory issues. Titanium shows around 21mb free only, and each time this free space was under 20 : low mem message...

I switch dalvik to ext2 part and now I have 120Mb free!!!!

I did all the switch with link2sdgui... great.

My ext2 isn't 1,5Gb, but 512Mb only and it seems sufficient.

Guest basem1970

I need help please...I rooted the phone, installed link 2 sd and moved many apps to Sd card (16 GB size). I partitioned the sd card (ext.2 at 500mb) but now i can not install any new apps as the intenal storage is only 18mb. I cant find a way of moving apps to the ext2 on sd card which has now 450mb free (do not know how filled the remaining 50mb).

On link2sd menue when i go to storage options, i could see the partitioned section of the sd card but how to transfer apps to that section ? and will it be treated as internal storage as i want to transfer stuff which have to be on internal storage as live wall paper.

Guest TechnoLover

go to menue -> multiple selection -> menue -> select all -> menue -> action -> create link

then you should have more space ;) ALso it could be useful when you active automatic link create in the options ;)