Custom ROM Acer C6 liquid express E320

Guest labaude

Guest labaude

I have just received my Acer C6 liquid express E320 from T-Mobile.

I would like to change the Rom. All I can see in this tread is original Rom 2.2 maximum whereas my Tmobile verison is 2.3.4

What would be my different options for the E320 ?

Edited by labaude

Guest thirtytwodave

i would leave it for now as i don't think their are any custom roms for that phone yet as it was just released in Nov. . This is for the liquid A1/E S100 not E320 which from what i am able to find out is closer to the Metal then then the A1

P.S. I just tried looking for you and i couldn't find anything on here or XDA

Edited by thirtytwodave

Guest labaude

Thank you for your answer. I will keep an eye in the acer section and on xda.

i would leave it for now as i don't think their are any custom roms for that phone yet as it was just released in Nov. . This is for the liquid A1/E S100 not E320 which from what i am able to find out is closer to the Metal then then the A1

P.S. I just tried looking for you and i couldn't find anything on here or XDA

• 2 weeks later...
Guest labaude

Hi,

Thank you for this info. Because I do not speak Russian, I would like to know if there is any Tutorial on how to install it ...

Also on the screenshot, the file name is Acer_E310_1.001.30_EMEA_GEN1 which conflict with the phone type : E320

Regards

Custom ROM Liquid Express E320 ;)

Edited by labaude

Guest Ma7moud

Hi,

Thank you for this info. Because I do not speak Russian, I would like to know if there is any Tutorial on how to install it ...

Also on the screenshot, the file name is Acer_E310_1.001.30_EMEA_GEN1 which conflict with the phone type : E320

Regards

E310 and E320 are not the same, i suggest you don't try this ROM as it could brick your phone

Unfortunately I bad do speak English. If anyone can help translate the instructions, I would greatly appreciate it. :blush:

Do not worry. Simply, I make the firmware for E310 and for E320.

According this and used the same screen shots.

Guest labaude

Thank you for the link :

http://acer-club.ru/topic/13139-%D0%BD%D0%B5%D0%BE%D1%84%D0%B8%D1%86%D0%B8%D0%B0%D0%BB%D1%8C%D0%BD%D0%B0%D1%8F-%D0%BF%D1%80%D0%BE%D1%88%D0%B8%D0%B2%D0%BA%D0%B0-acefirmware-liquid-express-e320-custom-rom/

I have downloaded the unofficial rom for my Tmobile E320

I had to use Google Translator because I dont speak Russian but it was worth it.

I have now a rooted device and have more space available for the apps I use...

Thank you and I hope other people will use this rom to optimise it and tweak it.

If you try it, USE the GEN1 install if you have a Tmobile UK Phone.

The mobile is still locked. Is their any way to unlock it ?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest corps1999

I just wanted to say Hi and thankyou so much for this thread.

Big thanks to Tigr72 for replying to the thread with links and labaude for testing.

I had an Acer E320 which I rooted but couldn't get Clockworkmod on using the tutorial from another site.

My phone was rooted and working fine I removed bloatware and all was good!

then one day my power button wasn't working to switch off the phone. I did a factory reset and although the phone booted fine the screen was blank and not responding.

After reading lots of info and effectively a bricked phone I followed the instructions and although it didn't go as described it ended up just being a double click on the file and it installed the new image.

This image and the DHCP patch makes my phone very smooth with fully loaded 70MB free!

everything works and all my apps and remarkably whoever made it kept the original look of the ACER. so very neat and clean image .:D :D :D

Edited by corps1999

• 1 month later...
Guest jumpit

Thank you Tigr72. I have an orange UK e320.

I had previously rooted but for some Wrangell reason I installed an ota update and could not root anymore.

Your rom saved me and as already said it is nice and fast.

Only have one issue BBC iplayer etc don't seem to work, they did with locked rom.

I suppose tigr72 could create a rooted version of the orguk version ;-).

• 2 months later...
Guest BridgetMcvay

Tigr72 i need your help!!!!!!!!!!!!

My phone has been installed with the custom ROM and everything but i have no WiFi connection and need a way to fix it please help

Guest godosou

Hello,

I just did a sequence of stupid things that lead to brick my liquid express e320. Now I need the official bin to recover the system in fastboot mode. But I don't find the offical rom (bin file) from Acer website. Can anyone can help me?

The followings are what I did (STUPID, STUPID, STUPID!!):

1. I thought Liquid Express is Liquid E, then I try to flash malez recovery to it. I failed.

2. I erased boot with fastboost (This is a stupid step, the phone is bricked)

3. I got TWRP from acer-club.ru, and I could get to the recovery mode. And I tried fo update LiquidNext, but I failed.

4. I erased both boot and system using fastboot. The phone is "more" bricked now.

I guess the last hope is to get the official rom, and flash the boot and system back to the phone. But I could not find the official, so I desperately look for help now.

Thanks in advance for offerring any information!

Guest godosou

Thank you Ma7moud.

I have downloaded the file. But it it contains a msi file, which I guess that it is supposed to be run on windows when the phone is normally booted. But I have a mac, and my phone can not boot to the system.

So I extract content from the msi file instead. I see many files, but I don't see anything like boot.img, system.img or "bin" file as I heard from the forum that could contain official rom. Instead, it contains following files:

• Android_C6.Orange.1.013.00_User_Signed.hex
  • Androidappsbl_C6.Orange.1.013.00_User_Signed.hex

And other smaller files. What am I supposed to do?