So will we see Ice Cream sandwich?

Guest ThermalDroid

Guest ThermalDroid

I have been looking around for another hackable phone, cheapish because I already have my contract phone which I would die if I killed it :S, So yeah I'm interested in the Liquid metal and it seems fairly similar to the SanFran which was my previous 'Hack Phone' so yeah is it coming? Hack or official.

Guest Chrisund123

Unless a large group of some very gifted devs decide to do a build from source, the only hope is for Acer to roll it out for the MT - personally I wouldn't expect it, but it's by no means out of the question!

Or maybe Cyanogen will take on the Metal for CM9? That would be a great solution!

Guest mikelete

In my opinion, since Acer already updated our MT from Froyo to Gingerbread I wouldn't expect anymore oficial updates except for Gingerbread. I hope I am wrong, though :)

In my opinion, since Acer already updated our MT from Froyo to Gingerbread I wouldn't expect anymore oficial updates except for Gingerbread. I hope I am wrong, though :)

I agree completely with this.

Guest icanrule

This is just my opinion and speculation on the Acer phone but I wanted to give my 2 cents.

When a company gets into an already established cellphone like Android they have to expect to be in it for the long hall. People are signing up for 2-3 year contract commitments with there phone. If Acers commitment is true then I would expect to see 2 major OS updates. They have already gone from Froyo to Gingerbread. If they are true to there commitment I can see them going to Ice Cream.

The bad news is that they may not be very commited. I haven't heard any information about Acer releasing a new phone. This is still an amazing phone but other companies are always talking about the next version. What they are coming out with in the future. Acer hasn't made any comments about continuing the liquid saga with a new phone. It has been over a year with no news about it's next iteration so Acer might be getting out of the business.

If Acer gets out of the cell phone business then they have no reason to be committed to there current Acer metal. Hence no Ice Cream for you.