Cm7 kernel?

Guest FPSAUS4EVER

Guest FPSAUS4EVER

Hi, I want to but Cm7 on my phone and what kernel should i put on. Im confused on which on to get because there is many kernels out there. So which is the best kernel for speed and battery life?

Guest Anil K Solanki

Hi, I concur with mankian, the CM7 kernel is solid, but not every feature of the handset is exploited (Proper stabilized 1080p Video). Blame Nvidia for not yet releasing the source code for the Tegra chip for that.

However, I have had two, Black Screen of Death's (BSOD), after leaving the handset to charge overnight, the phone was locked up and needed the battery to be pulled for a restart. So I tracked down this very lightly modified CM7 kernel from XDA, and it is great;

Kernel Link on XDA

I can't say if it has solved any BSOD problems, it's only been a few weeks, and I only had the BSOD twice over several months with the stock CM7 kernel. But after battery calibration I got 32 hours of my normal usage compared to 16 hours with the stock CM 7 kernel with Wi-Fi always on, and 3G always on, fluke? Lucky? I don't know. I do know that every thing else works perfectly, unlike the other kernels I have tried.

Which ALL have an issue here or there, and I'm not talking about missing features either. I'm talking about the screen not coming back on after a phone call, or 2-3 second lag delay the developer has introduced to improve battery life.

My advice, is to stick with the stock kernel unless you have a problem, or want to over clock, in which case, you will have to live with an unstable handset if you really push the over clock.

Have fun. Anil

better-battery_31bb.gif

Edited by Anil K Solanki

Guest antec123

there is vorkkernel, ironkernel, and swifth extreme kernel(retired) for CM7. i use vorkkernel it's good kernel but not always uptodate. you can find more @xda forum like anil said happy flashing

Edited by antec123