Apps fail to Install

Guest glasgakiss

Guest glasgakiss

I purchased a Vega from E-Bay it came with Honeycomb installed , but unfortunatly I can't seem to do a thing with it, when I try to grab an App it downloads but will not install,I'm sure it's something simple but I have been trawling the net for a solution and I am no further forward,any help would be appreciated.

Guest IanTurner

1 have you registered your Gmail address with the market app

2 is the time and date correct?

3. What version of honeycomb, various update versions of vegacomb, viewcomb etc. Look in settings about and the very last entry not the

Penultimate one with a version code which is not informative

Guest glasgakiss

Hiya , thank you for the swift response, yes I am registered and the time and date are correct, build is beta 1.5.1.when I access my account history in the marketplace it lists all my purchases, so I believe the apps have downloaded fine,but it fails at the install process.

Guest IanTurner

Is that vegacomb ? because thats rather old and dates back to may or earlier and there are posts about the market failing on 1.5.2.

I would suggest you update to 3.2 with update 3 . See the guide here and sign up to that forum so you can download the files from here. Follow that entirely and don't attempt a simple overinstall as the comment at the top indicates that pre 1.7 you'll end up with a black screen and having to recover from a partially bricked system.

The person who sold you that vega should have either updated to the lates vegacomb or reinstalled the original stock rom. It did come with the usb cable didn't it ?

Edited by IanTurner

Guest glasgakiss

Thanx again Ian, I was kinda thinking that would be the work around but hoped it wasn't :),I bought this particular Vega ,as it stated it had Honeycomb on it and as this is the 1st tablet I've had I didn't want to muck around with it till I was more confident...seems like I will have to bite the bullet tho, as for the USB cable..nope I have tried using one I had at home I think it's usb2 but the SD card doesn't show and when connected to my PC it shows in device manager as a Tegra 2 usb device.

Your advice is very much appreciated, I will set it back to factory mode , get used to the tablet, then will try to flash the rom.