Expansys £89 Liquid E - my experience

Guest Vansphone

Guest Vansphone

The £89 Liquid E offer from Expansys created a little excitement at the end of October so I wondered if people might be interested in my experience after I bought one of these phones.

Expansys delivered it next day. Great service.

It did not work.

The phone was totally dead. The battery charger flickered into life for about 5 seconds but that was it. No amount of resets, reboot button pushing and battery removal would make the phone do anything.

Expansys offered and immediate return and refund option, but as the phone was so cheap I sent it to Acer for repair.

The repair service was fantastic. They arrange for a courier to pick it up at no cost.

When is was returned it worked but I could find hardly any Apps that were compatible on in the Adroid Marketbecause it was running an AAP rom with android 1.6.

Thanks to this site I put a new rom on the phone and now it is working really well.

Summary

Expansys – great customer service

Expansys – could have given more details of the android version

Acer – Good repair service but a little slow

This forum – Fantastic

If I didn’t know about flashing android devices I would have been very disappointed by this phone even though it only cost £89.

Guest zorginho

To have a fantastic phone install the bin 4.002.14, malez recovery, and finally the liquidnext 1.9.2.

All the instructions are in the ultimate liquid thread.

Inviato dal mio Liquid usando Tapatalk