Acer LM

Guest pacfer

Hi thre,

First of all, I apologize if there is already another topic like that, but i really need some help

I was offered an Acer Liquid Metal locked to French SFR, however, the phone had a problem. It was not detected or detected USB connection.

When connecting the USB cable, it charges, but did not show any indication of the link. If i go to the USB connections, nothing appears...But on the network share USB tethering, it showed connected. However, by activating this option, the phone would eventually withered and reset itself after a few minutes.

I could not do firmware update by USB (version 2.2) tried to use the method through the SD card, but new problems appeared ... Or it was "not foud Image Dir" or "language mismatch" or "MD5_1_Mismatch: Are you Hacker?"

I tried to root's, resets, all ... Until today ... Now it does not turn on. It is currently on the screen of the Acer boot and will not start.

Does anyone have any other solution that can test in order to bring this animal back to life?

thank you

Guest Smeelious

What firmware are you trying to install on your phone? (local, version, etc)

Try downloading Acer Sync and reconnecting.

Are you trying to use a USB 3.0 port?

What firmware are you trying to install on your phone? (local, version, etc)

Try downloading Acer Sync and reconnecting.

Are you trying to use a USB 3.0 port?

OS instaled on the phone: OS_Acer_1.000.19.EMEA.SFR_A22F_A

I have tryed a lot of them, including OS_Acer_1.000.29.EMEA.SFR_A22F_A

None of them worked.

Device is not detected on the pc and now it's in boot loop. I am not using usb 3.0 port

Guest Smeelious

OS instaled on the phone: OS_Acer_1.000.19.EMEA.SFR_A22F_A

I have tryed a lot of them, including OS_Acer_1.000.29.EMEA.SFR_A22F_A

None of them worked.

Device is not detected on the pc and now it's in boot loop. I am not using usb 3.0 port

Try

http://global-download.acer.com/GDFiles/OS/OS/OS_Acer_4.000.13.EMEA.GEN1_A23G_A.zip?acerid=634558164525806099&Step1=Smart%20Handheld&Step2=Liquid&Step3=Liquid%20MT%20(S120)&OS=a06&LC=fr&BC=Acer&SC=EMEA_13

It's the latest firmware for France. (2.3 instead of 2.2)

Guest TechnoLover

can you boot into fastboot or stock recovery? if you can boot into stock recovery try to connect your phone then. if you can boot into fastboot flash amonra recovery 2.2 and then boot into it and flash your phone ;)

Edited by TechnoLover

can you boot into fastboot or stock recovery? if you can boot into stock recovery try to connect your phone then. if you can boot into fastboot flash amonra recovery 2.2 and then boot into it and flash your phone ;)

I can't do none of that :(

Guest TechnoLover

Download Ubuntu as a Live-CD (64-Bit), start it and connect your phone then to your computer, is USB-Connection detected now? 

Edited by TechnoLover

Download Ubuntu as a Live-CD (64-Bit) and connect your phone then to your computer, is USB-Connection detected now?

I will give a try

It has to be 64-bit?

Edited by pacfer

Guest Chrisund123

Have you tried getting into fastboot mode with the button combo? Have you got adb installed?

Can you get an answer from "adb devices"? If you can get it into fastboot mode I'd say you'll most likely be able to get somewhere - you'll be able to push cwm recovery from there, and then install a rom at least.

Have you tried getting into fastboot mode with the button combo? Have you got adb installed?

Can you get an answer from "adb devices"? If you can get it into fastboot mode I'd say you'll most likely be able to get somewhere - you'll be able to push cwm recovery from there, and then install a rom at least.

Can you point me to any tutorial?

Guest Chrisund123

Unfortunately I'm on my phone so I can't search very well, but do a search on here and see if you can bring up the results for the key presses to boot into fastboot mode. If you're successful youl get a black screen with 3 colours. If you get this, it's very good news. All you need to do then is get adb installed on your pc along with the Acer drivers, download vaches cwm recovery, and then type "adb flash recovery recovery.img"

Then download a custom Rom in flashable zip format, boot into recovery mode, and flash. Then you'll be in very good shape indeed! Lol.

I'll see if I can dig up the key combo for you. Edit: here we are. To boot in Bootloader Mode press : VOLUME UP + POWER (phone vibrates) then release POWER but keep VOLUME UP pressed. Try that.

Edited by Chrisund123

Guest TechnoLover

When I plug device into ubuntu it starts to charge, but nothing more happens

So, we can try if adb/fastboot works on Ubuntu.

Go to Settings and activate USB-Debugging, after that you open a terminal on ubuntu and type the following as root (if you're not one on live-cd)

sudo -i

gedit /etc/udev/rules.d/51-android.rules
in the opening editor you add the following:
SUBSYSTEM=="usb", SYSFS{idVendor}=="0502", MODE="0666"
then you close and after that you type the follwoing in the editor
chmod a+x /etc/udev/rules.d/51-android.rules

service udev restart
. Now you have to install the android-sdk and Java 6 SDK. Extract the android-sdk to a desired place and navigate to that folder with "cd <folder>". Enter the "tools"-folder and type
android
in the terminal and download the platform-tools. After that enter the platform-tools folder within the terminal and plug-in your phone with usb-debugging enabled. Now enter
adb devices
and look if a device is displayed. Maybe you have to restart the adb-server...
adb kill-server

adb devices

When that works we can go on ;)

Edited by TechnoLover

Guest Chrisund123

If it charged in Windows, I'd be inclined to try adb from Windows unless you're familiar with linux, it's marginally easier to get along with :lol:

Download vaches cwm recovery build, extract it, open a command line window as administrator and cd to the directory where you extracted it. Then type "adb devices" and see if you get a bunch of numbers as a reply. If not, install the Acer drivers and try again...

Guest TechnoLover

unfortunately he doesn't got in any mode like fastboot or recovery so I think it's best way to try it within ubuntu but windows is also a look worth it ;)

Guest Chrisund123

Yes. Doesn't help that I'm probably getting my adb's and fastboot's mixed up either :lol:

In any case, it sounds like there's life left in it, but it'll probably require a bit of command line know how!