New ZTE Skate Kernel (13-12-11) for (Z3 ROM)

Guest Elitemovil

And did it work for you ?

Based on the different android versions and the three failed attempts above,it stands to reason that it is not for cm7.

In the name of science :lol: I shall do a clean install of cm7 followed by this kernel...

I am on 150mb partition,flashing cm7 clean install,followed by kernel,first boot,no gapps.

edit: cm7 & kernel flashed,

rebooting.....

still green man....

vibrate....

back to recovery...

What a surprise,it does not work!

Now thats 4 failed attempts with the same result.

THIS KERNEL IS FOR ZTE 2.3.5 NOT CM7.

Edited by Guest

Guest victormun

And did it work for you ?

Based on the different android versions and the three failed attempts above,it stands to reason that it is not for cm7.

In the name of science :lol: I shall do a clean install of cm7 followed by this kernel...

edit: cm7 & kernel flashed,

rebooting.....

still green man....

vibrate....

back to recovery...

What a surprise,it does not work!

Now thats 4 failed attempts with the same result.

THIS KERNEL IS FOR ZTE 2.3.5 NOT CM7.

Indeed. There is a light chance that a 2.3.5 kernel works with 2.3.4 but even then I wouldn't risk.

Hmm is it worth doing on atomic rom? I won't be using the new governers.

If you dont really use governors then its not worth flashing this really.

I only flashed it to check out these new kernels.

I prefer old reliable ondemand with setcpu controlling off screen clock speed.

Guest Atomix86

Thanks for the response, I'm pretty much in the same boat as you with on demand do I'll stay put.

Guest dadashi

I'm not using governers either, I'm happy with everything @ standard, battery just fine.

I installed this mainly for new drivers....

Guest dibbles

my phone tries to boot the green guy appears, then the phone restarts green guy again and it boots into recovery mode........

What I would suggest is to just restore from the nandroid backup you made before, I assume, you flashed this Kernel for the Z3 ROM.?

I also assume that you flashed the kernel to a ROM it does not support but you also made a full backup before you did..?

If you didn't make a backup then just install the ROM you are using over the top of what you have now without any wipes and it should then work fine.

Good luck :)

PS It is always worthwhile that once you have a fully configured and working phone you drop back into recovery (CWM) and do a full backup.

Edited by dibbles

my phone tries to boot the green guy appears, then the phone restarts green guy again and it boots into recovery mode........

What you have described this happens if you flash this kernel to cm7

Edited by Guest

Talking about kernels... Would it be possible to include some kind of a driver for flash LED to make it exposed in userspace (sysfs) as a device? Because it is missing there.

That will make the Torch sort of applications work. But don't know if it is possible - maybe the LED in Skate can be controlled at hardware level only by camera and

cannot exist as a standalone device... But I am not able to investigate myself... If interested, take a look in this thread: http://android.modaco.com/topic/347803-omc-skate-can-you-use-camera-flash-as-a-torch/page__view__findpost__p__1870482

Guest tilal6991

Talking about kernels... Would it be possible to include some kind of a driver for flash LED to make it exposed in userspace (sysfs) as a device? Because it is missing there.

That will make the Torch sort of applications work. But don't know if it is possible - maybe the LED in Skate can be controlled at hardware level only by camera and

cannot exist as a standalone device... But I am not able to investigate myself... If interested, take a look in this thread: http://android.modac...ost__p__1870482

If we get a hold of the Warp's kernel source we should be able to port it over.

• 2 weeks later...

could all the links to megaupload be replaced?

because the site has been removed from the internet -.-

tyvm on forehand

Please can someone upload this again.

Pretty please!!! :D