need help picking a new rom

Guest webmonkeyuk

Guest webmonkeyuk

right ive been using the MoDaCo Custom Rom - r4 on my san fran since i got the phone last december and have been happy with it as everything works but i do fancy a change to a newer rom. But im not sure which would be the best, im after something that is stable and could maybe allow alittle more performance out of the phone when playing games and maybe a bit more battery life too. I use the gps for tracking alot so i would need that to work with no probs too.

which would you think is the best for me.

Thanks

I think you are best trying out the popular gingerbread roms, test each for a week and see which works best for you. Currently the popular and stable ones are Moldovan MileHighMountainPie, Blade Mix 360, Negaraku, and Fish n Chips. Any one of those are likely suit your needs for stability performance and battery life and there isn't a vast amount of difference between them. You could just pick one based on aesthetics if you want. Blade Mix and Fish n chips have more themes available.

Guest ManMetDeHamer

In my experience the new Fish and Chips rom is the best one out there.

Its Super fast, and has great battery life.

My phone can make 2 days with 3g on all day and background sync.

On other roms like cm7 i could make 1 day tops

• 3 weeks later...
Guest androxcd35

right ive been using the MoDaCo Custom Rom - r4 on my san fran since i got the phone last december and have been happy with it as everything works but i do fancy a change to a newer rom. But im not sure which would be the best, im after something that is stable and could maybe allow alittle more performance out of the phone when playing games and maybe a bit more battery life too. I use the gps for tracking alot so i would need that to work with no probs too.

which would you think is the best for me.

Thanks

According to my experience fish n chips rls2 is the best one..it's based on a stock rom of 2.3.4 so it's quite stable. Also it's quite smooth and battery life is really good. With normal usage and data syn i get around 2 days. so pretty satisfied. :D