warranty issues - back to stock?

Guest Aldroid

Guest Aldroid

Hi,

I have to send my Blade to my provider since it's not working properly. As I had CM on it, I had to re-install (by clockworkmod) the stockrom (which I had downloaded from here). My question is: Are there still any traces that could show them that I had had a custom rom? Should I "wipe the dalvik database"?

I tried the official Froyo Update for my Base Lutea, but it says: "the version does not match, cannot use software" So it seems that the updater knows that there's been a rom...

Thanks for any help!

Guest Aldroid

have you tried the ZTE updater?

I didn't. The point is: I don't want to do that update actually. I just want to remove any trace before I send my phone to my provider, so I don't get any issues with the warranty

Guest fedezubo

I didn't. The point is: I don't want to do that update actually. I just want to remove any trace before I send my phone to my provider, so I don't get any issues with the warranty

uhmm... the providers doesn't care too much about it... because i've sent a bricked acer liquid metal (with root access and metaulonay ROM) to my girlfriend provider, and after 30 days, i've recieved a brand new liquid metal.

by the way, if you haven't TPT'ed your Blade, and you have a original ZTE rom and an ORIGINAL recovery you're ok, because we havent counters like SGS2, and we don't need JIG...

follow these steps:

re TPT your phone to Gen1 (if you've done)

flash the stock rom

flash the stock recovery

you're good to go ;)

cheers!

Guest unrandomsam

Pointless sending it back if its not actually broken. The official updater won't hurt (Its supposed to be supported anyway so if it fails in the process then its doubly ok).