I come bearing MIUI

Guest ThermalDroid

Guest Sinesweep

This is Nice.

Very crisp fonts and nice menu layouts. I also like the Lockscreen.

I prefer the notifications bar on T&L as I like the Green moving icons, and the increased info on the tools and USB page. (Android version?)

I am also struggling to get used to not having an Applications button (all installed apps are on homescreens in MIUI?). so I will make do with Folders for now (One big folder in the dock).

Also having trouble with the Digital Clock - Laggy, American date format, and doesn't show up in 3rd party Launcher widgets. I will look for some 3rd party clocks.

some of the things I don't like are probably me being a noob, but the ROM very aesthetically nice (to me)

Edited by Sinesweep

• 2 weeks later...
Guest matt2909

Hey, it's just me :P

ur cm provider :D

Hey Lens_flare what information is sent to xiomi via the miui android? It seems there are a lot of terms and conditions you accept when runing MIUI; even the music player requires an acceptance of terms and conditions, the t&c have not been translated from chinese so I have no idea what I would commit to.

The ROM looks great, though it is a little too much like the iOS interface for my liking. Not being able to place icons anywhere on the homescreen is one annoyance. As is the limited number of wallpapers etc.

Can you send me details of your kernel compile scripts and let me DM if you want help working on the CM7.2 port.

Guest Sinesweep

As is the limited number of wallpapers etc

I find the Themes really diverse, plentiful, and well made. I particularly like the different lock / unlock gestures.

Does anyone know where the theme menu in this ROM links to when it goes online for "Settings / Personal / Themes / Online Themes"?

Guest matt2909

I find the Themes really diverse, plentiful, and well made. I particularly like the different lock / unlock gestures.

Does anyone know where the theme menu in this ROM links to when it goes online for "Settings / Personal / Themes / Online Themes"?

Seems to link to somewhere in China. The same place that it links to whenever you play an mp3. The gallery application does not sync with picasa. Its slick but just doesn't link up well with the rest of the android world. Just my opinion, if you've not seen it, it is definitely worth a look.

Guest Smeelious

I really do like MIUI. It's everything iOS should be but isn't. The themes are crazy good and diverse. I still use ADW as the launcher though, can't stand stock...bleh.

I especially like the skinable notifications pulldown....best option besides the stock acer, which I love for some reason (WTB port to CM7!)

Edited by Smeelious

Guest Unbr8kbal

Guys it says that you can upgrade without wiping?

Can anybody confirm this? If not i'll go home and play around today, and post my reply...

Guest Don Tsnm

Guys it says that you can upgrade without wiping?

Can anybody confirm this? If not i'll go home and play around today, and post my reply...

The rom install does not remove anything on /data... :huh:

Guest Sinesweep

Anyone having issues with setting ringtones?

Even though I can

1/ select them from "Select from other app" or

2/ from the ringtone list (if I put the file in a MIUI\ringtone folder)

they will save but not play. (1/ is silent and 2/ is a default tone "Crystal" )

any ideas / help / workaround / planned fix?

/edit - Fixed - sorta - I just edited the Theme I was running and it worked. (I did not have to do this with the last custom ringtone I was running - although i don't remember how i got that to work)

Anyway - Ill leave this post edited in case it helps someone else, or someone knows for sure why the master ringtone setting wont over-ride themes.

Edited by Sinesweep

Guest vikings123

If you read through the thread it will tell you how to get it to work.

Yes. I did. But I am confused by what's described -- "wifi tether could be activated only if you haven't used wifi after boot, so to activate it, just reboot your device"

To use tethering, I do need to activate WiFi. If I do activate WiFi, how can I use tethering? unsure.gif

Guest scotth324

You don't need Wifi selected to do Wifi tether. Your phone pumps out the WiFi signal from your data connection to your computer. No need for your phone to be connected to Wifi.