Need to update ZTE Blade which ROM to use please??

Guest tom619

Hi everyone as per the title I need to update my ZTE blade its been running flb-froyo-blade-r8a since Nov 2010 and I just never got round to keeping it up to date.

So suggestions please, as to what ROM to update to my blade is GEN1 AMOLEd as far as I know (was one of the first to purchase way back in Oct 2010).

Please any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Guest fedezubo

Hi everyone as per the title I need to update my ZTE blade its been running flb-froyo-blade-r8a since Nov 2010 and I just never got round to keeping it up to date.

So suggestions please, as to what ROM to update to my blade is GEN1 AMOLEd as far as I know (was one of the first to purchase way back in Oct 2010).

Please any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

the first thing i suggest is to TPT your BLADE, with wbaw's tpt v10, because no more good ROMs are developed for GEN1 blade... then if you take a look here in the ROM n' CUSTOMIZATION, you can find tons of excellet rom, with different flavours... which can satisfy you laugh.gif

PS check the rom in my signature ;)

Guest fedezubo

Thanks guys, how do i TPT?

TPT V10 <-- go here and download the TPT V10 STOCK, then unzip the package, and put the IMAGE folder in your sdcard root... then poweroff the phone and power on with VLOUME UP pressed, some green text on the screen and voilà, TPT completed

BE CAREFULL! the TPT is similar to a full wipe, so if you don't wanna lose your app, make a backup

and the TPT doesn't provide a ROM, so before the tpt put a ROM in your sdcard, and then after the TPT flash your rom trough Clockwork

if this sound a bit confused follow these steps:

1. make a backup of your app

2. put a rom in your sdcard

3. download the TPT

4. extract the image folder in your sdcard ROOT

5. wait for reboot

6. install your new gen 2 rom

PS if your're stuck on the big android logo, no worries, poweroff the device and then reboot into recovery with volume down pressed

cheers!biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Edited by fedezubo

Thanks mate

Can you point as to which release of fish n chips to use also as there appear to be a few versions, should i stick to this one?

Fish_N_Chips_RLS1_stocklauncher.zip (MODIFIED STOCK LAUNCHER) link

PS I have an older version of Clockwork on my blade 2.5.1.3 or something like that, do i need to update it?

And finally how do you wipe dalvik cache?

Edited by tom619

Guest fedezubo

Thanks mate

Can you point as to which release of fish n chips to use also as there appear to be a few versions, should i stick to this one?

Fish_N_Chips_RLS1_stocklauncher.zip (MODIFIED STOCK LAUNCHER) link

PS I have an older version of Clockwork on my blade 2.5.1.3 or something like that, do i need to update it?

And finally how do you wipe dalvik cache?

the difference is only the launcher shipped with the ROM.. the version you linked comes with the stock launcher (as you can see) with little mods, like colours and other stuff

i've the ZEAM Launcher version, because it's the lightest and the fastest launcher around here

for your recovery update trough ROM MANAGER, choose the 3.0.0.0 wich works fine with your GEN1 blade

for wiping dalvik cache, choose advanced in clockwork, and then wipe dalvik et voilà... d. cache wiped

if you have any other questions, no problems, always avaiable to answer your questions

cheers mate see ya! biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

• 5 weeks later...