Trying to install custom ROM/partition/root....

Guest Rawbinator

Guest Rawbinator

Okay I'm a newb at this so please bear with me. I am following k0zmic's guide and it was working for a bit, but then I tried to partition and he recommended I wipe/install custom ROM so I did....

Basically whenever I turn on my device the acer screen/android screen comes up, then all these whirling rectangular colours come up and it freezes here EVERY SINGLE TIME and I don't think there's anything I can do but take out the battery. I even tried going back to the regular acer Android 2.3.6, then going through all the steps again, but it is still freezing at the whirling colours.

Guest Rawbinator

Okay...so what is fastboot mode and how do I avoid it...I mean all I'm doing is pressing the power button

EDIT: Yeah I forgot to mention Gingerounay was the one I was trying to install

EDIT 2: I tried again this morning and after having to pull out the battery a couple times I actually got it to work

Edited by Rawbinator

Guest Smeelious

Sounds more like the Gnexus boot animation...you probably installed Gingerouny.

You could always try T&L or DMD instead if gingerouny isn't working for you.

Guest Rawbinator

Ok, now I have a new question about partitioning:

Using CWM, I choose size 512 MB, swap 0, etc and that's it? But under storage the SD card says something like 1.35 GB left (2 GB card, so it seems like it worked), but the internal memory says something like 60 something MB left. I thought partitioning was supposed to make part of the SD card's memory count towards the phone's internal storage, or am I misunderstanding?

Guest Smeelious

Ok, now I have a new question about partitioning:

Using CWM, I choose size 512 MB, swap 0, etc and that's it? But under storage the SD card says something like 1.35 GB left (2 GB card, so it seems like it worked), but the internal memory says something like 60 something MB left. I thought partitioning was supposed to make part of the SD card's memory count towards the phone's internal storage, or am I misunderstanding?

It only shows the internal memory. The usage of your ext partition wont show up in the application menu unless you are using AD2SDX.