Looking for a good browser

Guest Dante2070

Guest Dante2070

So far I used Opera Mini when on 3g, because in compresses the web and saves quite a bit of money on my data. But it can't show videos (youtube, ..), so when I'm on wifi I switch to the stock browser. Does anyone know any browser that does both, compression and video?

I stopped using OperaMini even on 3g. It became unstable for me with the updates. It became more memory hungry. Plus the pages I'm visiting the most have mobile version.

Right now I'm using only default browser and skyfire sometimes for video streaming pages.

And I don't think that there will be a browser with that combination of features (compression on their servers + serving videos). Skyfire tried that for a while, but their servers went way too slow, so they stopped and went back to rendering the pages directly on the phone (since there are lots of mobile versions as I already said).

Guest Dante2070

I downloaded Opera Mobile (free from market, currently version 11.5). It compresses data just as mini. Unlike mini, you can select to compress only on 3g (turn turbo off when on wifi). For video, youtube is played via youtube app and other videos via default video player.

Guest sun lbx

Well, Opera Mini has always been able to show youtube videos via Youtube app.

Opera Mobile streams videos fairly well

+flash player helps sometimes (with audio only, cuz the videos go at a horrible framerates if they do at all)