ICS/CM9 (alpha 5) softbuttons

Guest ms20

I followed instructions from page 7 post 64 http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1364757 (apk multi-tool only appears to be available for windows although you can do what I did and use the windows 8 developer preview in virtualbox)

It completely messes up the layout of some apps and the lockscreen and makes the notification bar massive plus it covers up part of the keyboard but it works :P.

look at page7 post 68 in the xda thread for pictures of the messed up lockscreen.

post-804883-0-52011500-1324574583_thumb.

post-804883-0-50719500-1324574601_thumb.

post-804883-0-41208800-1324574679_thumb.

post-804883-0-69495700-1324574696_thumb.

Edited by ms20

I followed instructions from page 7 post 64 http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1364757 (apk multi-tool only appears to be available for windows although you can do what I did and use the windows 8 developer preview in virtualbox)

It completely messes up the layout of some apps and the lockscreen and makes the notification bar massive plus it covers up part of the keyboard but it works :P.

look at page7 post 68 in the xda thread for pictures of the messed up lockscreen.

post-804883-0-52011500-1324574583_thumb.

post-804883-0-50719500-1324574601_thumb.

post-804883-0-41208800-1324574679_thumb.

post-804883-0-69495700-1324574696_thumb.

you mention it once in the cm9 thread why another thread now ?

and i think many people dont want the soft buttons ! bec we already have buttons ! those buttons are for the galaxy nexus !

come one open another thread when u find something about battery percentage ! omg

and i think many people dont want the soft buttons ! bec we already have buttons ! those buttons are for the galaxy nexus !

come one open another thread when u find something about battery percentage ! omg

That was a link (i hadn't done anything) and there was already a discussion going on so i thought it would be better to keep them separate

edit: plus i use the soft buttons on cm7 and some other people do as well because the buttons on the blade are loud and aren't very comfortable (especially when its cold)

Edited by ms20

Guest jventura

That was a link (i hadn't done anything) and there was already a discussion going on so i thought it would be better to keep them separate

edit: plus i use the soft buttons on cm7 and some other people do as well because the buttons on the blade are loud and aren't very comfortable (especially when its cold)

It's me or people around here are getting very gross?

If you have done something good technically, even if nobody seems to want to use it, why shouldn't you have the right to open a new thread?! Even more, threads are cheap to start, and if no one wants to read it, just ignore it..

This just to say that you don't have to justify why you opened a new thread. Open it, explained what you've done, show some code, etc., and everything's ok.. :rolleyes:

your fingers get frozen :P

yes jventura you are right i apologize to him i didnt mean it for bad .

cheers

Edited by jeddy1

I can't agree with you. The hardware buttons require much more force to push and they will wear out someday. I think it's a great idea to have soft buttons on blade, it's more unified and comfortable.

I bet most of the people like soft buttons if they works fine with the system.

ok dont agree with me but also the soft buttons should be placed well or not

watch the pic with the keyboard .if u wanna press something on browser and u press the soft buttons

anyway

I changed the height to 27 (in the first screenshots it's 37) and the buttons are still very useable but don't block the keyboard as much.

I don't really know what's causing the strange graphics so unless someone who knows what they're doing has a look all I can do is compare values to the nexus s or galaxy nexus and do a bit of trial and error.

Sent from my ZTE Blade using Tapatalk

post-804883-132463603224_thumb.jpg

Edited by ms20

I changed the height to 27 (in the first screenshots it's 37) and the buttons are still very useable but don't block the keyboard as much.

I don't really know what's causing the strange graphics so unless someone who knows what they're doing has a look all I can do is compare values to the nexus s or galaxy nexus and do a bit of trial and error.

Sent from my ZTE Blade using Tapatalk

now they are much better :)