Advent Vega v2 (A.k.a. DVC N10) ROMs

Guest ARi3S

Hi everybody, I'm a new user in the forum, my name is Alessio and I'm from Italy.

Does someone have a working ROM for the DVC N10 tablet with Android 3.2 and official market available?

Thanks in advance

Alessio

• 2 weeks later...
Guest MikhailM

Search for the Android fix for the Android market fix of the Nook Color. Worked for me in this tablet. Best regards !

Hi, Radamanthys, I am considering getting this tablet, but can't get anyone to answer the following -

Does the 3.2 version supplied with this pad work ok?

How good is the screen?

What sort of battery time are you getting?

Will be grateful for a reply.

Guest tibor22

Hi,

I also have DVC N10 and I managed to flash the Google apps (Market, Gmail, Maps etc.) to the ROM. See this link:

http://www.addictivetips.com/mobile/install-android-3-0-honeycomb-and-market-on-nook-color/

Now I can use almost normally the tablet but still have one big problem: the in-built microphone sometimes works sometimes not. And I couldn't find out so far the reason of disfunction... It is not sure at all that even after a system reboot it would work, somtimes I use half an hour the tablet, periodically checking the mic and after a while it suddenly turns functional...

Does someone have the same problem? Is there any workabout you know?

Certainly the best would be to have a final, bug-free ROM for the device, but I'm afraid we have to wait a lot :-(

Guest MikhailM

Hi,

I also have DVC N10 and I managed to flash the Google apps (Market, Gmail, Maps etc.) to the ROM. See this link:

http://www.addictive...-on-nook-color/

Now I can use almost normally the tablet but still have one big problem: the in-built microphone sometimes works sometimes not. And I couldn't find out so far the reason of disfunction... It is not sure at all that even after a system reboot it would work, somtimes I use half an hour the tablet, periodically checking the mic and after a while it suddenly turns functional...

Does someone have the same problem? Is there any workabout you know?

Certainly the best would be to have a final, bug-free ROM for the device, but I'm afraid we have to wait a lot :-(

Hi, Tibor,

Perhaps you will reply to my questions (for some reason owners of N10 do not bother to reply to questions)

1) How good is the screen? colour definition, viewing angles?

2) How long does the battery last (say in video playback)?

3) What is the OS? I assume it is not an official Honeycomb 3.2? What does it say in "About Tablet" in Settings?

Thank you for replying!

Guest tibor22

Hi, Tibor,

Perhaps you will reply to my questions (for some reason owners of N10 do not bother to reply to questions)

1) How good is the screen? colour definition, viewing angles?

2) How long does the battery last (say in video playback)?

3) What is the OS? I assume it is not an official Honeycomb 3.2? What does it say in 'About Tablet' in Settings?

Thank you for replying!

I answer to you with pleasure, but please, don't expect too much.

1. I got no documentation with the tablet, so I just can share my own impressions: the screen is excellent; bright and lively colours, good resolution, even the smallest letters can be read easily.

2. I haven't made any test, but if I use the tablet constantly (internet, YouTube videos, music, Angry Birds, etc.) it lasts 6-7 hours. I mean from 100% of battery to 20%, because I never let it go below 20%.

3. The OS is the real problem! Certainly it is not official, that's why there is no Google apps. The facts:

Modell no.: V91

Android version: 3.2.1

Kernel: 2.6.36.3 ant@ant-build #56

Build no.: v00.07.00 20111007

It's clear that this firmware is not made for this model, not only because of the microphone problem (see above) but the 3 touch sensor buttons at the edge of the screen don't work either.

In short: it is an excellent device with really strong hardware but we would badly need a good firmware for it.

Cheers

Edited by tibor22

• 2 weeks later...
Guest MikhailM

I answer to you with pleasure, but please, don't expect too much.

1. I got no documentation with the tablet, so I just can share my own impressions: the screen is excellent; bright and lively colours, good resolution, even the smallest letters can be read easily.

2. I haven't made any test, but if I use the tablet constantly (internet, YouTube videos, music, Angry Birds, etc.) it lasts 6-7 hours. I mean from 100% of battery to 20%, because I never let it go below 20%.

3. The OS is the real problem! Certainly it is not official, that's why there is no Google apps. The facts:

Modell no.: V91

Android version: 3.2.1

Kernel: 2.6.36.3 ant@ant-build #56

Build no.: v00.07.00 20111007

It's clear that this firmware is not made for this model, not only because of the microphone problem (see above) but the 3 touch sensor buttons at the edge of the screen don't work either.

In short: it is an excellent device with really strong hardware but we would badly need a good firmware for it.

Cheers

Many thanks, Tibor. Much appreciated. Unfortunately, until it is sold in Europe by one of the bigger companies, it is unlikely to get any devs spending time adapting a rom to run well on this tablet. Pity the manufacturer produced a good tablet, but did not himself adapt a rom to run on it properly.