How is camera?

Guest swisstourist

Guest Enimaxi

It's usable for your night-out shots. High quality shots is a no go and pictures with a lot of light is a pain in the ass. The lens sucks, but I quite like the flash on there, not too bright!

Guest PsYcHoKiLLa

I hate the flash, it's right next to the iris, stupid location if you ask me, I've yet to get a pic with the flash that didn't have a ton of glare from the flash in it

Guest swisstourist

Yes but if compare with blade one?

Picture less blurry? Faster focus? How it is to scan documents format A4, can someone upload page of newspaper? Because scan documents is a very helpful function. No need to plug a scanner...

sent from tapatalk :-)

• 5 weeks later...
Guest bunnygirl222

Well it couldn't be worse than the blade could it!

Seriously though its much better but as others have said its not for serious photography.

Also compared to the blade, it doesn't have a plastic cover over the lens on the rear part of the case which was part of the problem on the blade.

I had major glare problems with the led flash at first, the trick is to make sure your finger is nowhere near the led flash or iris, of course that means holding the phone in a different way than you'd expect...

Guest redhawkuk

I am also curious about this camera too although more for it's ability for shooting video clips than photos.

On my Racer I use an app from the Android Market called "lgcamera" it's better than the stock app because I can select the video codec and compression.

While it does a good just at shooting videos in h.264 @ 3megs the frame rate has been no higher than 12fps no matter what resolution I use.

The frame rate limitation is due to the slow camera and not the application in fact if you shake the phone with a rotating pattern it causes nasty image warping a well known side effect of CMOS camera technology.

The faster the camera (not the frame rate) the less warping becomes an issue with video recording.

So I was wondering could someone please test their camera with lgcamera and shoot in 640x480 30fps, do videos look nice and fluid or with low frame rate??

Richard S.