Mugen 4800 mAh Battery Not Reporting on Dell Streak

Guest Dude_Virus

Guest Dude_Virus

Hi Guys

I am using a Mugen 4800 mAh battery and need help in getting the streak to properly report the battery charge left. So far I have not have any luck finding out any solution for the same. The streak detects the battery as if it is a 1530 mAh stock battery and reports only the way it reports the original one. It drains from 100% to 1% in 15 to 18 hours and then stays stuck at 1% on which the phone still works for 30 hours.

I have tried apps made for extended battery like battery monitor which report battery % based on the mV values however as soon as the streak reaches 1% they too stop reporting and are stuck at the last value they reported at 2%. Have spoken to Mugen and they say that its an internal setting in the device which makes the device only detect the stock battery. Some kinda IF Block which check whether the phone has the original 1530 mAh battery.

I read about the same kinda setting in the kernel in HTC phones which was overcome by custom kernels with extended battery support. Any such kernel for the streak, I have tried stock and custom roms however no luck.

Any help would be appreciated..

Edited by Dude_Virus

Guest Azurren

Hi Guys

I am using a Mugen 4800 mAh battery and need help in getting the streak to properly report the battery charge left. So far I have not have any luck finding out any solution for the same. The streak detects the battery as if it is a 1530 mAh stock battery and reports only the way it reports the original one. It drains from 100% to 1% in 15 to 18 hours and then stays stuck at 1% on which the phone still works for 30 hours.

I have tried apps made for extended battery like battery monitor which report battery % based on the mV values however as soon as the streak reaches 1% they too stop reporting and are stuck at the last value they reported at 2%. Have spoken to Mugen and they say that its an internal setting in the device which makes the device only detect the stock battery. Some kinda IF Block which check whether the phone has the original 1530 mAh battery.

I read about the same kinda setting in the kernel in HTC phones which was overcome by custom kernels with extended battery support. Any such kernel for the streak, I have tried stock and custom roms however no luck.

Any help would be appreciated..

Xdas n0p was adding basic support for this battery.. I haven't been following streak development for a while though ;)

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1314898

Until then you can try re-calibrating the battery:

Charge to full, reboot to recovery and wipe battery status

Allow the device to fully discharge then charge completely uninterrupted.

Then its best to repeat the 2nd step once more

Good luck!