HTC Flyer 4.0 ?

Guest ace9094

Guest ace9094

Now the HTC Flyer has had a price crash in the UK does this mean HTC will abandon the development on the machine?

I just sold my iPad 2 and bought the 16GB flyer today for £199 :) I am hoping they eventually release 4.0 ICS but 3.2 is not offically out yet so I wondered what people think.

Now the HTC Flyer has had a price crash in the UK does this mean HTC will abandon the development on the machine?

I just sold my iPad 2 and bought the 16GB flyer today for £199 :) I am hoping they eventually release 4.0 ICS but 3.2 is not offically out yet so I wondered what people think.

i'm one who believes that for those appreciating it's form factor and well interfaced scribe functionality when on honeycomb the flyer is a great machine that will remain relevant for some time. the development on xda is driven by a core of hardcore users and at least one dev (globatron) is truly committed to his user-group followers by pushing the development envelope. the lack of dual core is not an issue for most use-type scenarios. my flyer running a lightly modded stock htc honeycomb rom is faster booting and multitasking basic content type apps than my oc'd xoom and pretty comparable to my galaxy nexus running Ir8.

opinion

Edited by lpasq