[ROM] [07-02] TripNiCE "The next level" 004B | ICS 4.0.3 | PURE AOSP

Guest TripNRaVeR

Guest NecroNomNicon

Hmmmm , i forgot to Mention about the front cam that does not work at all , i wonder if its the camera Apk issue because Face Unlock works with front cam and also 3rd party camera apps hmmmmm

Face unlock...?..........I dont have it (settings/security....I have all other options but no face unlock)........

Guest phillthorpe1

I also have problems with 004B and 005B. After full wipe and flashing successfully the ROMs, the phone ends up in endless loop while booting.

I saw someone else had the same problem with 004B.

When installing 004B, i came from 003B. Now I tried to install 005B from a custom Gingerbread ROM.

Any ideas how to resolve that?

I use 4EXT Recovery v2.2.7 RC3

thanks,

Anton

you must be thinking of the other rom, because there hasnt been a 005B version of this

rom yet.

Guest motopaddy

I have now also 004B running on my phone, i flashed the newest ICS firmware :)

Did you use Trip's latest firmware from his thread or something else? If something else, do you have a link?

Thanks!

Guest fireishott

Hey already asked before but felt like asking again because no one responded

Anybody else not able to voice input from keyboard....?

Can I get some confirmation...thanks

Oh and BTW what I mean by voice input is mic at the keyboard..Not google voice search which is working fine...

Also noticed my notification led is not working....doesn't blink when I get a text or email......

can anybody confirm this too

Wow guy how many time u gonna ask about the voice input I promise if someone had an answer u would have got one by now.

As far as the led it does not flash, when your screen is unlocked and on u will not receive a light, but if your screen is off it will be solid orange for SMS and solid green for email

Edited by fireishott

Guest audiophile

Updated from 003B and like most people I preferred the old status bar. But more importantly the updated music player is awful! Its very laggy, it freezes at times it doesn't load the date tags for 'recently added" playlist therefore making the playlist useless. Also sound quality is way worse, without equilizer enabled its shocking , with it enabled its just about acceptable but not half as good as 003B music player or old miui players. Are you sure TAPs src enhancements are enabled? O.o

Sry but as my user name suggests music quality is pretty important to me :P specially as any drop in quality is unbelievably obvious when listening to dub step xD

PS: overall speed is much improved in the build though :)

Edited by audiophile

Guest ManCityFC

So I see Trip has now left this forum (banned for not releasing source code) and is posting his ROM's on MIUI.us now. Crackers. Half the manufacturers don't release source code either, or not when it is useful, at least he is trying to help. Ridiculous decision. Goodbye.

Edited by ManCityFC

Guest Moneyslap03

Face unlock...?..........I dont have it (settings/security....I have all other options but no face unlock)........

Yea man there's a flashable zip somewhere , but I have it on my memory card I keep it in there because when I flash to another level u have to keep re-flashing the zip, its similar to flashing gapps so I usually install the new rom boot into it to see all is fine through setup , then I go back to recovery and flash the zip for faceunlock

Guest vorBeth

+10000 modaco is no different than xda. Immature and jealous

^ You best read up on just what MoDaCo's founder has done for Android, you will find he is far from jealous.

---------------------

Just goes to show how mature you all are.

The GPL was set up for a reason, having people like trip break those rules is bad for the community as a whole.

I am sure he had been warned that if he did not follow the rules, he would be banned, guess the 'rules' don't apply to him then.

The real immature person in all of this is TripNRaVeR, he's not that 'smart' (I don't claim to be any smarter).

I just know when a guy is feeding me a load of crap or not though.

What does he do when I call him on it, nothing but moan, threaten to stop all work and block all communication with me. <- very mature I am sure,

This is my own opinion and in no way is a representation of MoDaCo, but this place will be better without him and those who don't give a sh*t about the rules.

Edited by vorBeth

Guest eliteone

^^ finally someone who has a clue...... Modaco is a forum founded by one of the android LEGENDS. He has no reason to harbour any jelousy towards an immature wining self important dev like trip. Most of you are probably using firmware that PAUL SHARED with you.You people will tell everyone that will listen that android is great because its open, yet ignore trips blatant disregard to the gpl that makes sure android an linux as a whole continue to stay open. Mark my words rootzwiki will do the same thing if trip dosent learn to comply.

Guest petar.bgd

^ You best read up on just what MoDaCo's founder has done for Android, you will find he is far from jealous.

---------------------

Just goes to show how mature you all are.

The GPL was set up for a reason, having people like trip break those rules is bad for the community as a whole.

I am sure he had been warned that if he did not follow the rules, he would be banned, guess the 'rules' don't apply to him then.

The real immature person in all of this is TripNRaVeR, he's not that 'smart' (I don't claim to be any smarter).

I just know when a guy is feeding me a load of crap or not though.

What does he do when I call him on it, nothing but moan, threaten to stop all work and block all communication with me. <- very mature I am sure,

This is my own opinion and in no way is a representation of MoDaCo, but this place will be better without him and those who don't give a sh*t about the rules.

Really don't want to argue about Trips character, nobody was here because of love for him, but his WORK (ROMS). Anyway, thread has closed since Trip not provided sources for HTC 3.0 kernel. How can he provide source for something that even HTC doesn't? Does it mean that every thread on XDA or MODACO or ROTZWIKI for roms that are using HTC 3.0 kernel has to be closed? As for Paul, HATS down for all of his contribution to Android, but this was mistake.

Guest petar.bgd

Trip has never released his source code..... Even for his "custom" kernels.

Then report/close that threads, why CM9 with htc 3.0 kernel.. If I can see right MIUI thread is still open, why is not closed since it has same kernel , therefore you can make same GPL compliance. Wrong, wrong... this is mistake.

Guest vorBeth

Then report/close that threads, why CM9 with htc 3.0 kernel.. If I can see right MIUI thread is still open, why is not closed since it has same kernel , therefore you can make same GPL compliance. Wrong, wrong... this is mistake.

It was only 2 days ago that Trip started using the closed HTC Kernel, Before then it was always a Custom TripN-Kernel, All but one of those were and still are without source.

The one that was with source also failed to compile - again against GPL as it is NOT what was released in Binary form.

I may be wrong here, but for the sudden switch to HTC kernel's it seems to me as though that's how he thought he would get out of releasing source's.

You see Trip has NEVER complied with GPL in any form at all.

It is (I assume) for this reason he has been banned.

I'm sure Rootz will not stand for it either, once he releases a Custom kernel he builds.

If he sticks with pure un-edited HTC kernel's then he is not breaking GPL as the source for those is the responsibility of HTC.

Edited by vorBeth

Guest eliteone

And as was pointed out in another thread cm9 itself is open source, has his source code for the frameworks been posted? Nope. Oh and while were at it miui as well. So you guys need to stop flaming Paul and the forum mods. They have the responsibility to ensure gpl is followed on this site..... And have indeed made the right call. The problem is that trip tweets blaming vorbeth for getting him banned, yet he can't see that he was banned due to his own actions.

Guest petar.bgd

It was only 2 days ago that Trip started using the closed HTC Kernel, Before then it was always a Custom TripN-Kernel, All but one of those were and still are without source.

The one that was with source also failed to compile - again against GPL as it is NOT what was released in Binary form.

I may be wrong here, but for the sudden switch to HTC kernel's it seems to me as though that's how he thought he would get out of releasing source's.

You see Trip has NEVER complied with GPL in any form at all.

It is (I assume) for this reason he has been banned.

I'm sure Rootz will not stand for it either, once he releases a Custom kernel he builds.

If he sticks with pure un-edited HTC kernel's then he is not breaking GPL as the source for those is the responsibility of HTC.

That is not completely true, but i really don't want to argue, and again why CM9 and not the rest of Trip roms. Trip is posting his kernels here for 3 months... and few guys (you are among them) start publicly to bully him through threads (always with great popularity MIUI 2.3, MIUI v4, AOSP, CM9) making a lot of arguing, hating, flaming. It does look bad, so don't be suprised for calling you jalous...... Why? Ordinary user of ANY rom don't give a sh.. about GPL , open source , they just want quality ROMs that Trip provided. If you care so much for GPL why don't you PM him , and then report to mods or Paul, but hunting through threads is BAD idea. Anyway, story is ended as far as Modaco concerns.

Guest eliteone

Please don't take this as me flaming you, because that is not my intent. But you need to understand that if devs did not comply with gpl, you would have no roms. Gpl is what ensures Android and linux stay open for anyone to modify and develop. As an example where would trip, or any of the hundreds of devs be if google decided to not comply with gpl? I can yell you..... Nowhere. It would be like the android tablet scene was a few months ago before Google released there source code for honeycomb DEAD. So for this reason you should give a sh*t about keeping android open. And we should thank vorbeth for fighting for gpl......

Guest petar.bgd

Please don't take this as me flaming you, because that is not my intent. But you need to understand that if devs did not comply with gpl, you would have no roms. Gpl is what ensures Android and linux stay open for anyone to modify and develop. As an example where would trip, or any of the hundreds of devs be if google decided to not comply with gpl? I can yell you..... Nowhere. It would be like the android tablet scene was a few months ago before Google released there source code for honeycomb DEAD. So for this reason you should give a sh*t about keeping android open. And we should thank vorbeth for fighting for gpl......

Maybe I wasn't be clear enough. I'm supporting GPL , runing Linux distros for decade at home, 10 of mine PCs on work also on Linux, my family and I have 9 different Android phones all rooted with custom ROMs,I'm pushing my girl to make doctorate about Android communities..... But the way that you guys are doing is wrong, and I deeply believe that Trip will publish it when "dust is settled down", at the end he will not have a choice. Why nobody cares that HTC is publishing sources a year after ROM? They selling tens of milions units VIOLATING GPL and slowing down development of kernels...

Guest vorBeth

That is not completely true, but i really don't want to argue, and again why CM9 and not the rest of Trip roms. Trip is posting his kernels here for 3 months... and few guys (you are among them) start publicly to bully him through threads (always with great popularity MIUI 2.3, MIUI v4, AOSP, CM9) making a lot of arguing, hating, flaming. It does look bad, so don't be suprised for calling you jalous...... Why? Ordinary user of ANY rom don't give a sh.. about GPL , open source , they just want quality ROMs that Trip provided. If you care so much for GPL why don't you PM him , and then report to mods or Paul, but hunting through threads is BAD idea. Anyway, story is ended as far as Modaco concerns.

I got fed up asking for the Kernel code via PM, I requested it multiple times, quite nicely to start.

As for bullying him, well, you really need to look at the history behind him & me!

See just who started the pulling down and bitching!

I helped him, what thanks did I get? well, I called a Dumb F*ck, who 'can't' compile s***. Very nice of Trip.

As for HTC releasing source, Well they are in this for $$$.

Although after a LOT of pressure they released sources.

Note my argument is over kernel source only, a device tree would have been nice, but as Android is under a Apache licence (not GPL) he can freely choose to release that or not.

Also to "believe that Trip will publish it when "dust is settled down"" is a mute argument.

GPL clearly states that source is to be provided WITH a binary release.

Anyhow, as others stated, He's gone, others are just as bad, but most do comply when reminded.

I do think it is a shame that Trip's own mentality and god complex stands in his way.

Lets just see where Trip is when MIUI release a build for Sensation or Cyanogen push the needed changes.

I still maintain that Trip is NOT building from source as he claims too.

His installer script is using a binary format that is not included with Cyanogen, The device ID for 007 changed to a HTC Hero!! and some of the binary firmware files in 005 are from a Nexus S.

Edited by vorBeth

Guest petar.bgd

I got fed up asking for the Kernel code via PM, I requested it multiple times, quite nicely to start.

As for bullying him, well, you really need to look at the history behind him & me!

See just who started the pulling down and bitching!

Well, I'm checking this threads from September regularly (at least once a day), and remmeber very well how it's started. Bulling is maybe STRONG word but pushing over limit is completely true. Never mind, if your intention was to force Trip to comply with GPL than you should report him right away, think that everything will be different. Now , it looking stupid and without solid argument.

Cheers

Guest ManCityFC

Wow, hold on a minute. None of his ROMs were even out of Alpha, so surely he has the right to ensure his developments actually bloody work before he releases code? If the ROMs were perfectly stable, then you would have half an argument, but booting him off before he even had chance to perfect the ROMs and Kernels is just bloody churlish. He has every right to assume that if he does release the code and makes a big breakthrough, then CM and others can just incorporate it in there ROMs, take all the credit and Trip just fades away without any recognition for his work.

You guys need to seriously take a look at yourselves and stop accusing others of being pretentious when you are guilty of the same thing. The guy is eccentric, a bit moody, but clearly talented and I suspect that unnerved some of you. And by the way, how long does it take others to release code. HTC sure as hell ensure the code works properly before they release it don't they? Stupid decision.

Edited by ManCityFC

Guest sergeybrin
Wow, hold on a minute. None of his ROMs were even out of Alpha, so surely he has the right to ensure his developments actually bloody work before he releases code? If the ROMs were perfectly stable, then you would have half an argument, but booting him off before he even had chance to perfect the ROMs and Kernels is just bloody churlish. He has every right to assume that if he does release the code and makes a big breakthrough, then CM and others can just incorporate it in there ROMs, take all the credit and Trip just fades away without any recognition for his work.

You guys need to seriously take a look at yourselves and stop accusing others of being pretentious when you are guilty of the same thing. The guy is eccentric, a bit moody, but clearly talented and I suspect that unnerved some of you. And by the way, how long does it take others to release code. HTC sure as hell ensure the code works properly before they release it don't they? Stupid decision.

Agreed and it's also funny because he's still up and running at rootzwiki lol modaco didn't hinder him in the slightest. All they accomplished by doing this is losing all the traffic from trip's followers

Guest eliteone

Lol! You are actually kinda right :) his work is still alpha and buggy. Just imagine how much progress could be made if he allowed others to help?though I still have to say the guy could actually try and help the community by sharing his breakthroughs with others..... HTC is in it for the $$ we should not compare ourselves to them. We afaik are in it to improve our devices and gain shared knowledge.