[ROM] <<< Fish'N'Chips 7 >>> [2.3.5]

Guest raverrr

Guest Russ_uk

Bit late getting to this, but I've finally gone back through the entire thread and taken note of any glitches people encountered.

Here's the list of known bugs in RLS 2:

• FM Radio not working.
  • Bluetooth not working correctly.
  • SMS sounds not working.
  • Notification bar not showing text when downloading.
  • Build number/version needs updating.

I'll be keeping an eye on this thread and keeping the bug list up to date.

Edited by Russ_uk

Guest The smartphone

Bit late getting to this, but I've finally gone back through the entire thread and taken note of any glitches people encountered.

• FM Radio not working.

SMS notifications do seem to work for me, with the built-in application. However I changed the alert sound from the default one to the one I prefer.

Guest windy_miller

• FM Radio not working.

Two more...

• Phone sometimes refuses to sleep"New Player" and "Insert Coin" ringtones are missing :(

Guest windy_miller

I've just done a bit of reading about sleep mode on Android and have added the following 2 lines to my build.prop file...

pm.sleep_mode=1

ro.ril.disable.power.collapse=0

Is this the change you were going to make raverrr?

Guest raverrr

I've just done a bit of reading about sleep mode on Android and have added the following 2 lines to my build.prop file...

pm.sleep_mode=1
ro.ril.disable.power.collapse=0[/code]

Is this the change you were going to make Iraverrr?

Yep. Both with 1 as the value. Cures the sleep issue. If you edit these yourself you must reboot twice for it to take effect.unless you edit them before flashing the ROM in witch case only the usual 1 reboot will suffice.

Guest windy_miller

I think ro.ril.disable.power.collapse should be 0 not 1. We want to enable power collapse. Setting that value to 1 will disable it surely? There seems top be some confusion about this value with some people setting it to 0 and some to 1.Personally, I think 0 makes sense.

Guest Russ_uk

Two more...

• Phone sometimes refuses to sleep
  • "New Player" and "Insert Coin" ringtones are missing :(

Added the sleep issue - thanks I simply forgot to add that one!, But left out the missing ringtones as it's not really a bug and can easily and freely be rectified by downloading them from http://www.zedge.net or another ringtone site/app.

SMS notifications do seem to work for me, with the built-in application. However I changed the alert sound from the default one to the one I prefer.

I think some people are still having this issue, It'll be removed from the bug list once it's confirmed to be 100% fixed.

one more to add to the list i think,

Notification light is just random, sometimes works fine, sometimes its solid, others it simply doesnt work.

Added - thanks :)

Edited by Russ_uk

Guest Russ_uk

Thanks everyone for your input :)

Here's an fresh list all of known bugs for Fish'N'Chips RLS#2:

• Problematic sleep issues.
  • FM Radio not working.
  • Temperamental/unstable notification light.
  • Compass not working correctly - Details

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PLEASE NOTE: This list has NOT been created to put people off of using Fish'N'Chips - In fact I would highly recommend that you DO! It's the fastest, most efficient Custom ROM available for the ZTE Crescent to date!

The lists sole purpose is to make things easier for the developers & users so all the necessary info is in a single place.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

An open question to all:

Do you think I should make the bug list a separate thread - or would it be better to keep it here?

My thinking behind a independent thread is so THIS thread doesn't get too cluttered and to keep the list cleaner. Plus this way the list will always be in the same place (1st post of the new thread) as opposed to continually moving it page by page as more updates etc are released and more bug's discovered.

Also, If I do make a new thread I could possibly add a 'feature request' section in addition to the existing bug list (?)

Any thoughts guys? raverrr?

Edited by Russ_uk

Guest Reider59

If you make a new thread I feel some people will see it as major news and not try Fish and Chips. Whereas if they came here they`d get the full story, see its being worked on and that their are indeed some workarounds for some problem areas. Its a no win no lose situation.

You have another option too. Ask ny4 if you can use the reserved 2nd post in this thread but have it named as a source of information from you. Lets be honest, if theirs a major addition or change to Fish and Chips its likely to be started in a fresh post anyway. Then a new bug list follows it.

Edited by Reider59

Guest Russ_uk

If you make a new thread I feel some people will see it as major news and not try Fish and Chips. Whereas if they came here they`d get the full story, see its being worked on and that their are indeed some workarounds for some problem areas. Its a no win no lose situation.

You have another option too. Ask ny4 if you can use the reserved 2nd post in this thread but have it named as a source of information from you. Lets be honest, if theirs a major addition or change to Fish and Chips its likely to be started in a fresh post anyway. Then a new bug list follows it.

Agreed that's a valid point, I've edited the list post adding a small disclaimer of sorts,

I'll wait for raverrr/ny4 to reply before making any decisions about the possible separate thread.

Also, good idea regarding the use of the reserved 2nd post although not sure how feasible that would be(?) Again I'll wait for either developer to post their thoughts.

Thanks for your input Reider59!

Good job on the list,

maybe one more to add, the compass issue?

Added..

Many thanks surfungus!

Edited by Russ_uk

Guest raverrr

Thanks everyone for your input :)

Here's an fresh list all of known bugs for Fish'N'Chips RLS#2:

• Problematic sleep issues.
  • FM Radio not working.
  • Temperamental/unstable notification light.
  • Compass not working correctly - Details

PLEASE NOTE: This list has NOT been created to put people off of using Fish'N'Chips - In fact I would highly recommend that you DO! It's the fastest, most efficient Custom ROM available for the ZTE Crescent to date!

The lists sole purpose is to make things easier for the developers & users so all the necessary info is in a single place.

An open question to all:

Do you think I should make the bug list a separate thread - or would it be better to keep it here?

My thinking behind a independent thread is so THIS thread doesn't get too cluttered and to keep the list cleaner. Plus this way the list will always be in the same place (1st post of the new thread) as opposed to continually moving it page by page as more updates etc are released and more bug's discovered.

Also, If I do make a new thread I could possibly add a 'feature request' section in addition to the existing bug list (?)

Any thoughts guys? raverrr?

Soz for the late reply Russ.I've been working on something new for the San Fran 2. A very slow process as ever. But may just have stumbled across a solution for most of the above problems.ill get n4y to add this list to the second post.that way it's all in one place. Thanks for the time and effort from yourself. Again I'm sorry about the slow progress.

Guest texarkana

Many thanks raverr / n4y4nrules. Installed RLS2 on my San Fran II and am well pleased. And I'm keeping the Fish'N'Chips boot animation because its cool! Again, thanks, your efforts are much appreciated.

Guest JohnnyZTE

My Sister from Donegal in Ireland has bought one of these, hopefully Reverr has a update before it arrives at my house, so I can give her the latest version. If you need a hand i would be glad to lend it. blink.gif

Cheers for all your hard work so far. biggrin.gif

Guest raverrr

My Sister from Donegal in Ireland has bought one of these, hopefully Reverr has a update before it arrives at my house, so I can give her the latest version. If you need a hand i would be glad to lend it. blink.gif

Cheers for all your hard work so far. biggrin.gif

Ifinally got the damn thing working :) i have a new ROM to post soon and this one will be updated as well (was having same problem with both roms)

Guest jasonleeds

Ifinally got the damn thing working :) i have a new ROM to post soon and this one will be updated as well (was having same problem with both roms)

Great to see youve been busying away. Cant wait to give these a whirl

Keep it up dude!

Edited by jasonleeds

Guest windy_miller

Raverrr, quick question... I'm trying to install the My Phone Number app from the market so I can set my number on my new giffgaff SIM (my phone currently reports my number as "unknown"). However it won't install, complaining about a shared user conflict or something.

The description on the market place says "Notes: It *only* works on which uses android testkey signatures 3-party ROMs.So it can't install in the device which use private key. I am very sorry I can't fix this bug." Does this mean anything to you?Is there any way I can get this to install with Fish n' Chips?

EDIT: oh and looking forward to the new ROM... keep up the good work! If all the above bugs are fixed, I may be tempted to leave you a donation.

Edited by windy_miller

Guest rijon99

Hi raverrr, first I would like to say that this is a excellent rom, I have been using it as my everyday rom. Unfortunately it has been giving me a problem. Sometimes I would turn off the screen and when I try to turn it back on, the phone would be completely unresponsive as if it had been turned off (although the power button would be completely useless.) The only way to get the phone to work again would be by a battery pull. It gets annoying as sometimes I have to do it up to 4 times a day. Could you please try to fix this problem? I've also had a similar problem on flibbesan's rom, but it was much more frequent on his rom.

Edited by rijon99

Guest raverrr

This its the first report of this problem. Its highly unlikely that the ROM is the problem. Its either user error or a faulty handset. If you can provide some more info however I am happy to help if I can.

What model phone?

What ROM?

What mods?

Did you follow guides or cowboy it?

Do you have a log cat of the error?

in most cases I am happy to help out as much as I can but please remember in future that any help I can provide can probably be matched by google with a bit of searching. just remember I'm not paid to do this lol.

Guest raverrr

Raverrr, quick question... I'm trying to install the My Phone Number app from the market so I can set my number on my new giffgaff SIM (my phone currently reports my number as "unknown"). However it won't install, complaining about a shared user conflict or something.

The description on the market place says "Notes: It *only* works on which uses android testkey signatures 3-party ROMs.So it can't install in the device which use private key. I am very sorry I can't fix this bug." Does this mean anything to you?Is there any way I can get this to install with Fish n' Chips?

EDIT: oh and looking forward to the new ROM... keep up the good work! If all the above bugs are fixed, I may be tempted to leave you a donation.

I'm at work right now so can't look into this app.what its it supposed to do? Change your number? Its not very clear. If that is the case it won't work for you. You need to call type current provider and ask for your PAC code them follow the steps on the gif gaff site to transferyour number to your new Sim.

Guest stokietom

Hi guys,

My San Fran II is arriving soon and I have a few questions.

Will installing the Fish N Chips ROM unlock the phone? How do I go about installing CWM on this phone? Are their any guides?

Cheers

Edited by stokietom