[ROM] <<< Fish'N'Chips 7 >>> [2.3.5]

Guest raverrr

Guest raverrr

Hi guys,

My San Fran II is arriving soon and I have a few questions.

Will installing the Fish N Chips ROM unlock the phone? How do I go about installing CWM on this phone? Are their any guides?

Cheers

Fish and chips will not unlock your phone. There are guides to follow elsewhere in this forum. Ditto for cwm.

Guest stokietom

Fish and cops will boot unlock your phone. There are guides to follow elsewhere in this forum. Ditto for cwm.

Sorry just to be clear flashing this ROM WILL network unlock my phone? :)

I have found the guide for CWM, I don't need to Debrand the phone first using another method before I flash CWM do I? I can just pull the phone right out of the box and start to follow the CWM guide right away?

Cheers

Guest Degurney

Hi raverrr, first I would like to say that this is a excellent rom, I have been using it as my everyday rom. Unfortunately it has been giving me a problem. Sometimes I would turn off the screen and when I try to turn it back on, the phone would be completely unresponsive as if it had been turned off (although the power button would be completely useless.) The only way to get the phone to work again would be by a battery pull. It gets annoying as sometimes I have to do it up to 4 times a day. Could you please try to fix this problem? I've also had a similar problem on flibbesan's rom, but it was much more frequent on his rom.

This has happened to me once!!

Guest raverrr

I have found the guide for CWM, I don't need to Debrand the phone first using another method before I flash CWM do I? I can just pull the phone right out of the box and start to follow the CWM guide right away?

Cheers

My bad. I'm using my mobile to answer you. It will not unlock your phone. And yes you can instal cwm strait out of the box.

Guest surfungus

Cheers

Hi Tom,

NO this will NOT unlock your phone! It is all a bit confusing at first :blink: Have a read through this first Click me and go from there.

Cheers surf

Guest windy_miller

I'm at work right now so can't look into this app.what its it supposed to do? Change your number? Its not very clear. If that is the case it won't work for you. You need to call type current provider and ask for your PAC code them follow the steps on the gif gaff site to transferyour number to your new Sim.

Basically, the giffgaff SIMs don't have the number stored on the SIM (if you go to Settings -> About Phone -> Status, "My phone number" is shown as "Unknown"). This means that the default SMS app doesn't know which messages are from you, and just shows the default grey square instead of my picture from the address book for all my sent messages.

Some phones let you alter the number stored on the SIM (this does not alter your actual phone number, just the one that the SIM thinks you have), but this feature is not part of Android, so someone wrote an app to do it. However I can't get it to install.

You can read a bit more about the problem here.

http://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Help-Ask-the-community-got-stuck/Orange-San-Francisco-ZTE-Blade-Number-Unknown-Issue/td-p/487895

It is not just Giffgaff. My vodafone number doesn't appear in settings->about phone->status. I just get "unknown". (I assume this is the problem you are talking about).

Not a big issue for me - I have a contact for "Me" with my phone number which sorts out sms and I don't often send texts to myself!

Certainly not worth holding up the next release for anyway imho ;)

Guest windy_miller

It is not just Giffgaff. My vodafone number doesn't appear in settings->about phone->status. I just get "unknown". (I assume this is the problem you are talking about).

Not a big issue for me - I have a contact for "Me" with my phone number which sorts out sms and I don't often send texts to myself!

Certainly not worth holding up the next release for anyway imho ;)

I already have an entry for myself in my address book, but that doesn't fix the issue. It's not just texts sent to yourself. When you display a conversation between you and someone else, all your texts have the default grey image. Its not a big issue for me either, but its just one of those things that once you notice, it starts to get on your nerves when you can't fix it!:blink:

I agree that this is not worth holding up a release for. I am just confused why it refused to install and there is some cryptic message about 3rd party ROMs on the app's market page.

Guest rijon99

This its the first report of this problem. Its highly unlikely that the ROM is the problem. Its either user error or a faulty handset. If you can provide some more info however I am happy to help if I can.

What model phone?

What ROM?

What mods?

Did you follow guides or cowboy it?

Do you have a log cat of the error?

in most cases I am happy to help out as much as I can but please remember in future that any help I can provide can probably be matched by google with a bit of searching. just remember I'm not paid to do this lol.

I do not know what the problem is, but I have had the same problem on my brothers phone. Sorry for not providing details on my last post.

Both phones are the T-mobile Vivacity

Both using Fish 'N' Chips RLS2

No mods installed.

Yes I did follow the guide.

I do not have a logcat as of yet but I am attempting to get one, I will attach it as soon as I can.

I understand that you do this in your own time and you do not get paid to do this, and I am thankful to you for giving the community such a wonderful rom.

The app that windy is on about raverrr is to set your phone number as it's set to blank by default. It was designed for blade 1. Another way to to skin that rabbit is to put the sim into an old phone and write the number to the sim.

<edit> sorry you guys posted loads before I managed to post that! </edit>

Edited by fr0do

Guest rijon99

I have looked up on Google that ongoing notifications can cause battery pulls. I will try to uninstall fancy widgets that I have installed on both devices and see if that stops the problem. Will report back soon.

Guest windy_miller

I have looked up on Google that ongoing notifications can cause battery pulls. I will try to uninstall fancy widgets that I have installed on both devices and see if that stops the problem. Will report back soon.

I have Fancy Widgets installed on my phone with no issues.

Guest Russ_uk

Hi raverrr, first I would like to say that this is a excellent rom, I have been using it as my everyday rom. Unfortunately it has been giving me a problem. Sometimes I would turn off the screen and when I try to turn it back on, the phone would be completely unresponsive as if it had been turned off (although the power button would be completely useless.) The only way to get the phone to work again would be by a battery pull. It gets annoying as sometimes I have to do it up to 4 times a day. Could you please try to fix this problem? I've also had a similar problem on flibbesan's rom, but it was much more frequent on his rom.

This is a strange bug and pretty uncommon to my knowledge. How many times have you flashed this ROM? If only once give it another go - might be worth a try.

However, I'm not surprised your getting the same issue with this ROM as you were with flibbesan's, as F'n'C' was based upon flibbesan's ROM to start with, so sounds like an issue on flibbesan's side of things rather then F'n'C's per se.

If you have no luck with a re-flash (which I doubt you will) Try Flashing Sebastian 404's ROM and see how you get on with that.

Then hopefully this issue will be solved when RLS#3 of Fish'n'Chips is released. Which, if i recall correctly, will based on Seb404's ROM (Although don't quote me on that)

Guest Russ_uk

Raverrr, quick question... I'm trying to install the My Phone Number app from the market so I can set my number on my new giffgaff SIM (my phone currently reports my number as "unknown"). However it won't install, complaining about a shared user conflict or something.

The description on the market place says "Notes: It *only* works on which uses android testkey signatures 3-party ROMs.So it can't install in the device which use private key. I am very sorry I can't fix this bug." Does this mean anything to you?Is there any way I can get this to install with Fish n' Chips?

EDIT: oh and looking forward to the new ROM... keep up the good work! If all the above bugs are fixed, I may be tempted to leave you a donation.

Try the following fix which basically programs your phone number onto your GG sim card:

To get your phone to recognize your number requires that you put your sim into another phone to program your phone number to the sim card.

Most Sony Ericsson, Samsung, Nokia phones etc can do the job, so just borrow a friends phone for a a few minutes if you don't have a spare.

Most NON Android, unlocked or O2 phone should do the trick.

What you do:

Firstly on you ZTE transfer all numbers from phone to sim (not essential but, if easily done it's best to do it.)

Then on the 'old' phone try dialing out and texting, to see if your number is recognised . If so, great! It should work in your ZTE now...

If not, In your settings somewhere look for "my number or own number" and see if it's showing correctly, if not, manually add or edit it.

That should be all you need to do.

Hope that makes sense, any problem's PM me and if you have no joy you can (as a last resort) send me your sim and I'll do it for you on my old phone which has the necessary feature. :)

Hope that helps.

Guest raverrr

Try the following fix which basically programs your phone number onto your GG sim card:

To get your phone to recognize your number requires that you put your sim into another phone to program your phone number to the sim card.

Most Sony Ericsson, Samsung, Nokia phones etc can do the job, so just borrow a friends phone for a a few minutes if you don't have a spare.

What you do:

Firstly on you ZTE transfer all numbers from phone to sim (not essential but, if easily done it's best to do it.)

Then on the 'old' phone try dialing out and texting, to see if your number is recognised . If so, great! It should work in your ZTE now...

If not, In your settings somewhere look for "my number or own number" and see if it's showing correctly, if not, manually add or edit it.

Hope that makes sense, any problem's PM me and if you have no joy you can (as a last resort) send me your sim and I'll do it for you on my old phone which has the necessary feature. :)

Hope that helps.

Now that's dedication :) +1

Guest windy_miller

What you do:

Hope that helps.

Unfortunately I don't have access to another unlocked phone, or one locked to O2. I tried to unlock my old Samsung Tocco Lite, but ended up bricking the thing in the process.

Guest mrflibbles

Thanks for the image. Feels a lot nicer than the stock ROM. Not sure I like the unlock screen being unable to see the swipe action. Love the power off animation. Great work.

FYI it still says "Fish'NChips_RLS1" in the About Phone box in the Vivacity build

Edited by mrflibbles

Guest stokietom

Thanks for the image. Feels a lot nicer than the stock ROM. Not sure I like the unlock screen being unable to see the swipe action. Love the power off animation. Great work.

FYI it still says "Fish'NChips_RLS1" in the About Phone box in the Vivacity build

Got the San Fran II today. The orange firmware is disgraceful and ugly so right away I rooted, unlocked, installed CWM and flashed this ROM. All seems great so far.

Cheers!

Guest JohnnyZTE

Got the San Fran II today. The orange firmware is disgraceful and ugly so right away I rooted, unlocked, installed CWM and flashed this ROM. All seems great so far.

Cheers!

Starting number 8 for my troubles, My sisters San Francisco came to my house today for me to unlock and install fish'N'Chips. Looks lovely in white I must say.

Just wondering Raverr, and i'm not putting you under pressure, but do you have RLS3 finished yet as I have to give it to her Friday, If not I will just install RLS2 on it now, and give her an update later.

I dont want to thank you again and sound patronising. rolleyes.gif

Guest raverrr

Release 3 is coming soon (next time I get to spend some time on my puter). It will be based off a different ROM all together debranded by myself. At the moment what its left to do is remove the second splash screen (yes there are two in this case) , re-theme it and find some mods for it. N4y4nrules is helping me again now so expect a nice new theme :)

Ifinally got the damn thing working :) i have a new ROM to post soon and this one will be updated as well (was having same problem with both roms)

Looking fwd to Rls3 - it sounds radically different (will it still have A2SD built in?). Is that the "new ROM" or "this one updated". Just so I'm clear, will you then have 2 separate ROM's?

All your work improving this & keeping it fresh is hugely appreciated.

Edited by Titas

Guest raverrr

And with a bit of luck Bluetooth headset will be working properly. I can't test this however because I don't own one. And I also can't test the TMV version for the same reason. So once its ready I will need 2 volunteers to test before I post them.

Guest JohnnyZTE

And with a bit of luck Bluetooth headset will be working properly. I can't test this however because I don't own one. And I also can't test the TMV version for the same reason. So once its ready I will need 2 volunteers to test before I post them.

I can test Bluetooth for you, I have the Audi system.

biggrin.gif