[ROM] <<< Fish'N'Chips 7 >>> [2.3.5]

Guest raverrr

Guest raverrr

Looking fwd to Rls3 - it sounds radically different. Is that the "new ROM" or "this one updated". Just so I'm clear, will you then have 2 separate ROM's?

All your work improving this & keeping it fresh is hugely appreciated.

I was going to update this ROM and post the new one separate but my colleague suggested just using the new ROM (French blade S aka crescent) as the base for fish and chips. I will still post both a version for the San Fran 2 AND the TMV. I may also post the French ROM separately just completely stripped for those who want the vanilla version.

Guest Josef Prusa
<br />I was going to update this ROM and post the new one separate but my colleague suggested just using the new ROM (French blade S aka crescent) as the base for fish and chips. I will still post both a version for the San Fran 2 AND the TMV. I may also post the French ROM separately just completely stripped for those who want the vanilla version.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

I've got the TMV and will be glad to test the Bluetooth with my Nokia headset.

Cheers

Josef

Guest stokietom

Something strange I've just noticed... My phone was charging via USB and I noticed it was stuck on 61% charging. I reset the phone and the battery was suddenly on 44%.

Is this a known issue?

Guest raverrr

Something strange I've just noticed... My phone was charging via USB and I noticed it was stuck on 61% charging. I reset the phone and the battery was suddenly on 44%.

Is this a known issue?

Both my ZTE handsets have pretty strange battery behaviour afrer reboots. More often than not if i play games for long periods of time. Or other high load activities. If this wasnt the case then Who knows :) first report i think.

Guest stokietom

Testing RLS3

Charging seems to keep getting stuck... I'm stuck on 55% charging now but I am playing games and switching through a lot of apps in the process... Hmm

EDIT - Restarted my phone and now down to 30% battery. :S

Edited by stokietom

Guest raverrr

Charging seems to keep getting stuck... I'm stuck on 55% charging now but I am playing games and switching through a lot of apps in the process... Hmm

EDIT - Restarted my phone and now down to 30% battery. :S

I'm confident its just the load you are putting it under don't worry about it. Use you phone until it dies then give it a full charge without playing with it.

Guest raverrr

Progress report:

San Fran version : booting, seems to be working fine. No news on Bluetooth headset yet but file transfer its working fine.

TMV version: not booting yet

Guest JohnnyZTE

Progress report:

San Fran version : booting, seems to be working fine. No news on Bluetooth headset yet but file transfer its working fine.

TMV version: not booting yet

Bluetooth and FM radio are both working fine, nice work. smile.gif

Guest windy_miller

Bluetooth and FM radio are both working fine, nice work. smile.gif

Woohoo (not that I use either :) ) How about the compass? Does Google Sky Maps work now?

Guest stokietom

Well I left my phone charging over night, took it off this morning when it was fully charged. In the space of an hour the battery died 12% and all I did was check ebay and Facebook for no longer than two minutes...

Guest PsYcHoKiLLa

Well I left my phone charging over night, took it off this morning when it was fully charged. In the space of an hour the battery died 12% and all I did was check ebay and Facebook for no longer than two minutes...

You need to buy SetCPU :) Then set it to underclock when the display is off. I hardly lose any charge overnight using this method. Of course, the lower you set the cpu the longer it will take to respond when you turn the display back on, but it's not a ridiculous amount of time.

Guest windy_miller

Is the phone sleeping properly? Lock the screen and wait a minute or so, then press the home button. If the screen comes back on then the phone is not asleep. You should only be able to turn it back on using the power button.

Guest stokietom

I tested what you said and it appears the phone is sleeping properly. If I go into battery use it says most of my battery is getting used in standby mode. Should I try the setcpu app?

Cheers

Edited by stokietom

Guest stokietom

Also guys I've only had the phone for two days so I haven't let it completely drain and then fully charge, could this be a reason battery life seems so poor?

Edit - I've just purchased setcpu but don't understand how to lower cpu clock when the phone is in standby. Please could someone explain?

Cheers

Edited by stokietom

Guest JohnnyZTE

What do you think of the keyboard? Get rid of it or customise it?

The keyboard seems very good, I have used it I like the swipe to change format to Numbers or alpha numeric it also seems very accurate as though it was made for this phone, You could keep it included for those who want it, I personally use Swype.

I found if you where using the Walkman first the FM radio wont work right away, you have to come out and go back in again.

Guest windy_miller

I've never seen the point in SetCPU. If your phone is sleeping properly, it should use hardly any battery up anyway.

I think the battery gauge gets more accurate the longer you have the phone.

Guest stokietom

I've never seen the point in SetCPU. If your phone is sleeping properly, it should use hardly any battery up anyway.

I think the battery gauge gets more accurate the longer you have the phone.

Well the phone is sleeping properly, when I lock it I have to press the power button again to unlock it. Phones only been off charge for three hours and I'm down to 40% battery. Never a known a phone to battery drain like this. I have wifi always turned on, could that be an issue? The wifi is still running when the phone is sleeping?

Cheers

Guest windy_miller

Well the phone is sleeping properly, when I lock it I have to press the power button again to unlock it. Phones only been off charge for three hours and I'm down to 40% battery. Never a known a phone to battery drain like this. I have wifi always turned on, could that be an issue? The wifi is still running when the phone is sleeping?

Cheers

Well that doesn't seem right to me at all. Have you tried with a different ROM?

EDIT: BTW are you on the new pre-release ROM?

Edited by windy_miller

Guest stokietom

Well that doesn't seem right to me at all. Have you tried with a different ROM?

I haven't tried with a different rom, is their even any others I can try?

Maybe I need to reset the battery stats in CWM? As soon as I got the phone I unlocked and flashed a custom ROM on it and then fully charged the battery... Not sure if that's relevant at all.

I flashed two days ago, their has been a now ROM released since then?

Cheers

Edited by stokietom