[ROM] <<< Fish'N'Chips 7 >>> [2.3.5]

Guest raverrr

Guest windy_miller

I haven't tried with a different rom, is their even any others I can try?

Maybe I need to reset the battery stats in CWM? As soon as I got the phone I unlocked and flashed a custom ROM on it and then fully charged the battery... Not sure if that's relevant at all.

I flashed two days ago, their has been a now ROM released since then?

Cheers

I wasn't sure if you are on the pre-release ROM or not. May be worth resetting the battery stats in CWM. Also, install Better Battery Stats from the market. Give you phone a full change, then unplug it and leave it for a day. Then look in Better Battery Stats at "Process", "Partial Wakelocks" and "Other" since unplugged. Partial Wakelocks will tell you if anything is preventing your phone from sleeping. Process will tell you what has been using the CPU. Other will tell you how long the phone has been awake, how long the screen has been on etc.

Guest stokietom

I wasn't sure if you are on the pre-release ROM or not. May be worth resetting the battery stats in CWM. Also, install Better Battery Stats from the market. Give you phone a full change, then unplug it and leave it for a day. Then look in Better Battery Stats at "Process", "Partial Wakelocks" and "Other" since unplugged. Partial Wakelocks will tell you if anything is preventing your phone from sleeping. Process will tell you what has been using the CPU. Other will tell you how long the phone has been awake, how long the screen has been on etc.

Thanks - so ill fully charge it, use my phone as I normally would for a day and then report back.

Should I be using a task killer app to make sure I don't have a bunch of background apps running?

Guest raverrr

The keyboard seems very good, I have used it I like the swipe to change format to Numbers or alpha numeric it also seems very accurate as though it was made for this phone, You could keep it included for those who want it, I personally use Swype.

I found if you where using the Walkman first the FM radio wont work right away, you have to come out and go back in again.

Yer i added the sony walkman for testing purposes. I quite like it. Makes a change from the stock one.I also have a MIUI music apk that works with the crescent.might be worth trying that one if you have had an issue with the walkman

Guest windy_miller

Thanks - so ill fully charge it, use my phone as I normally would for a day and then report back.

Should I be using a task killer app to make sure I don't have a bunch of background apps running?

I'd wait until after you've looked t at the battery stats, which may reveal some rogue app.

Guest stokietom

I'd wait until after you've looked t at the battery stats, which may reveal some rogue app.

I've just reset the battery stats in CWM so now I'll give it a full charge and see what happens with battery stats app. :)

Cheers

How long does the battery last for you guys with moderate use?

Edited by stokietom

Guest stokietom

I've just reset the battery stats in CWM so now I'll give it a full charge and see what happens with battery stats app. :)

Cheers

How long does the battery last for you guys with moderate use?

Oh great now my phone display is flashing really bad around the edges, I thought it was something to do with the auto brightness but I turned it off and it was exactly the same!

I think this phone is faulty or something...

Guest JohnnyZTE

Yer i added the sony walkman for testing purposes. I quite like it. Makes a change from the stock one.I also have a MIUI music apk that works with the crescent.might be worth trying that one if you have had an issue with the walkman

I like the Sony Walkman app, I was going to install winamp for her but this is simple and smart. The sound is very rich.

I would leave it on the rom.

Whats MIUI like?

I have Fades Music on the other phones, but crashes regularly, so I was tending to stick to Winamp.

I haven't been noticing battery problems like the others.

Guest raverrr

I like the Sony Walkman app, I was going to install winamp for her but this is simple and smart. The sound is very rich.

I would leave it on the rom.

Whats MIUI like?

I have Fades Music on the other phones, but crashes regularly, so I was tending to stick to Winamp.

I haven't been noticing battery problems like the others.

The MIUI music app is my favorite because it has the option to browse by folder and a nice simple widget. The only downside to it is sometimes lyrics don't work.

I'll link it when i'm done uploading another TMV test ROM.

Guest stokietom

Does anyone know why the screen on the SFII could suddenly start to flicker :(?

EDIT - Okay can someone try this please - Turn your brightness right the way up and have a look close to your screen, do you see some sort of flicker?

Cheers

Edited by stokietom

Guest raverrr

Does anyone know why the screen on the SFII could suddenly start to flicker :(?

EDIT - Okay can someone try this please - Turn your brightness right the way up and have a look close to your screen, do you see some sort of flicker?

Cheers

Nope. No flickering here dude. Have it replaced... You only got i a few days ago didn't you?

Guest stokietom

Nope. No flickering here dude. Have it replaced... You only got i a few days ago didn't you?

Yup I did... Some times it seems to flicker more than other times, right now it's not so noticeable but earlier on it was doing it VERY badly. Maybe it could be normal? Can only notice it on light backgrounds... On dark backgrounds you can't really notice it at all. ProSPAMly because it's a cheap TFT screen ZTE used. ¬_¬

I need to figure out how to change it all back to stock firmware but I don't know what I have to do. Can I just flash a stock firmware zip via cwm?

Edited by stokietom

Guest raverrr

Yup I did... Some times it seems to flicker more than other times, right now it's not so noticeable but earlier on it was doing it VERY badly. Maybe it could be normal? Can only notice it on light backgrounds... On dark backgrounds you can't really notice it at all. ProSPAMly because it's a cheap TFT screen ZTE used. ¬_¬

I need to figure out how to change it all back to stock firmware but I don't know what I have to do. Can I just flash a stock firmware zip via cwm?

Yes. I think i may have posted a stock rom somewhere. If not someone else will have

Guest stokietom

Could you try this?

Have the display on FULL brightness, load up the Market app and on the grey tabs where it says Apps, books, movies... Can you see those slightly flickering if you look close?

Cheers

Edited by stokietom

Guest raverrr

Could you try this?

Have the display on automatic brightness, load up the Market app and on the grey tabs where it says Apps, books, movies... Can you see those slightly flickering if you look close?

Cheers

No nothing here.

Guest surfungus

Could you try this?

Have the display on automatic brightness, load up the Market app and on the grey tabs where it says Apps, books, movies... Can you see those slightly flickering if you look close?

Cheers

No flickering here mate... Sounds like you should take it back...

Cheers surf

Guest stokietom

No flickering here mate... Sounds like you should take it back...

Cheers surf

Sorry guys, mine for me is fine on automatic brightness. I meant could you please set it to FULL brightness and then see if you can see any flickering in the same manner.

Cheers

Guest raverrr

Sorry guys, mine for me is fine on automatic brightness. I meant could you please set it to FULL brightness and then see if you can see any flickering in the same manner.

Cheers

Nothing.

Guest Russ_uk

Unfortunately I don't have access to another unlocked phone, or one locked to O2. I tried to unlock my old Samsung Tocco Lite, but ended up bricking the thing in the process.

As I said in my last post I'll be happy to do it for you, If you don't mind being without your sim for a few days whilst it's in transit, Just PM if your interested

Guest Russ_uk

Great news on RLS#3 raverrr :)

I noticed that both testers have the OSFII so If you need or want a tester for the TMV, I'll happily volunteer.

Guest JohnnyZTE

Raverr,

Did you add HW graphics acceleration to the test ROM, I was playing Angry Birds o it and Its really smooth, and in general the phone seems snappier, Maybe its just me,

Cant wait for you finished version, there is a few people here wants updating. Can see titanium backup getting used alot. smile.gif

Guest stokietom

Nothing.

That's weird... Are you 100% sure you don't notice anything even when look very close? I first noticed it when I had a blueish background set and the flashing was very eye catching at first.

Maybe it's something to do with one of the light sensors if this phone has them?

Cheers

Edited by stokietom

Guest raverrr

Great news on RLS#3 raverrr :)

I noticed that both testers have the OSFII so If you need or want a tester for the TMV, I'll happily volunteer.

I had 2 TMV and 2 SF2 testers including myself.

The Theme is now pretty much done. I'm just waiting on frodo to report back to me about the TMV version. I've had problems with it not booting.

Fingers crossed tho. If it gives me any more trouble i might just release the SF2 version first. Not being able to test and tweak the TMV version is getting frustrating >:|

Guest raverrr

Raverr,

Did you add HW graphics acceleration to the test ROM, I was playing Angry Birds o it and Its really smooth, and in general the phone seems snappier, Maybe its just me,

Cant wait for you finished version, there is a few people here wants updating. Can see titanium backup getting used alot. smile.gif

No i didn't but I might if it works well. Freshly flashed ROMs always seem a bit snappier. I was also surprised tho. It is fast :) ...And Ti FTW :)

Guest stokietom

Wow so many gripes with this phone... Fully charged the battery 20 mind ago, all I've done is gone on Facebook and sent a message and now I'm down to 90% battery.

With the battery app what should I be looking for that's draining the battery so much?

Cheers