[ROM] <<< Fish'N'Chips 7 >>> [2.3.5]

Guest raverrr

Guest Russ_uk

I had 2 TMV and 2 SF2 testers including myself.

The Theme is now pretty much done. I'm just waiting on frodo to report back to me about the TMV version. I've had problems with it not booting.

Fingers crossed tho. If it gives me any more trouble i might just release the SF2 version first. Not being able to test and tweak the TMV version is getting frustrating >:|

Cool, looking forward to the TMV release :)

Guest surfungus

Sorry guys, mine for me is fine on automatic brightness. I meant could you please set it to FULL brightness and then see if you can see any flickering in the same manner.

Cheers

Nope, still no flickering mate...

Cheers surf

Guest stokietom

Nope, still no flickering mate...

Cheers surf

So that's a flickering display and horrible battery drain... I guess I should return this crappy phone for a refund. :(

Guest raverrr

Great stuff raverrr been looking forward to RLS3

any chance you could tease us with a changelog????

-New base Rom (french)

ro.build.version.release=2.3.5
ro.build.date=Thu Dec 8 09:38:08 CST 2011
ro.product.model=Blade S
ro.product.brand=ZTE[/code]

-new theme

-all extra apps removed (will link them seperately)

-CRT animation disabled

-Launcher pushed to memory (faster)

-video HW acceleration enabled

- kept the stock keyboard (for now)

-SE walkman app added

and more to come...

Guest stokietom

Weird now I don't appear to have any flickering at all hmm....

Phone has been off charge for 2h and 4 mins and I've lost 40% battery.

Nothing strange in better battery stats... Maybe it's just how the phone is and maybe I'm to used to my old Desire S.

Edited by stokietom

Guest raverrr

Weird now I don't appear to have any flickering at all hmm....

Phone has been off charge for 2h and 4 mins and I've lost 40% battery.

Nothing strange in better battery stats... Maybe it's just how the phone is and maybe I'm to used to my old Desire S.

please make a seperate thread dude. This isn't a general troubleshooting thread. thanks

Guest stokietom

please make a seperate thread dude. This isn't a general troubleshooting thread. thanks

Yeh, sorry. Maybe the flickering and battery drain could be ROM related though, who knows? When is the new version going to be released?

Guest raverrr

Yeh, sorry. Maybe the flickering and battery drain could be ROM related though, who knows? When is the new version going to be released?

in a few days Frodo is helping now should speed things up

Guest stokietom

in a few days Frodo is helping now should speed things up

Thanks for the info - Sorry for cluttering the thread with issues. It is concerning to have things like this when the phone is barely 2 days old though. Just going to keep an eye on things and see if I get the flickering again.

Thanks for your help.

Guest Reider59

If it was ROM or APP related I`m very sure it would have been spotted by others now. Sounds more like a hardware fault like a bad batch, I get days out of my SFII and rarely worry about the remaining power. I`d return it to stock and get it swapped for a new phone from a different batch.

Guest stokietom

If it was ROM or APP related I`m very sure it would have been spotted by others now. Sounds more like a hardware fault like a bad batch, I get days out of my SFII and rarely worry about the remaining power. I`d return it to stock and get it swapped for a new phone from a different batch.

Maybe if it starts to flicker again I will do this...Hasn't done it since though. :D

The battery drain is still an issue though. :(

Edited by stokietom

Guest TygerTyger

stokietom mate, please, if I could underline this in a friendly manner... some of us have email notifications for the thread and it's a pain to keep checking for posts that aren't relevant. I think you have your answer.

-all extra apps removed (will link them seperately)

Appreciate that one, it seems contrary to have stripped ROMs that still include additional apps unless it's impossible to use them otherwise.

Guest raverrr

Does the FM radio still not work in REL2? It's not on the list of issues on the front page.

It is working in the next update along with most of the other problems if not all of them

Guest raverrr

Any release date set? I was hoping to play with v3 this weekend laugh.gif

You may be in luck then :) I'm going to have some much needed food, humor my poorly GF for a bit then me and fodo are going to get cracking on it. The SAN FRAN 2 version is pretty much ready. Just the TMV version to finish off. The later of the two however will not be based on the french SF2 ROM. I cant get it working with the TMV kernel.

Guest jasonleeds

Coolios raverrr cant wait for this mate, been looking forward to rls3 for a few weeks.

If you want dude you could always pop the SFII rom up for us to jump in with wink.gif

have you managed to get overclocking working in this new update?

Guest Titas

Yeah, plenty of anticipation for this. Not being able to use the French SFII ROM as a base for the TMV has put a bit of a dampener on it (& with this weather who needs that lol) but we live in hope that you will find a way! If not, what benefits will be lost eg. Radio, bluetooth?

Guest raverrr

Coolios raverrr cant wait for this mate, been looking forward to rls3 for a few weeks.

If you want dude you could always pop the SFII rom up for us to jump in with wink.gif

have you managed to get overclocking working in this new update?

mayyyybe lol. you wont get overclocking from me unfortunately. Compiling from source is not my game.

Although i have quite a firm grasp on the android platform It remains just a hobby/pass time for me.

Guest raverrr

Yeah, plenty of anticipation for this. Not being able to use the French SFII ROM as a base for the TMV has put a bit of a dampener on it (& with this weather who needs that lol) but we live in hope that you will find a way! If not, what benefits will be lost eg. Radio, bluetooth?

Hard to say right now. it's still in the mix.

Guest Russ_uk

You may be in luck then :) I'm going to have some much needed food, humor my poorly GF for a bit then me and fodo are going to get cracking on it. The SAN FRAN 2 version is pretty much ready. Just the TMV version to finish off. The later of the two however will not be based on the french SF2 ROM. I cant get it working with the TMV kernel.

What Kernel will the TMV RLS be based on? Same as RLS 2 ?

Edited by Russ_uk

Guest Reider59

I have 2 ROMS with this one to try. I`ll put R3 of FNC on last as I`ll most likely stick with that one. No point in restoring my swag twice so I`ll wait until the release of R3 to have a little fun swapping ROMS.