[ROM] <<< Fish'N'Chips 7 >>> [2.3.5]

Guest raverrr

Guest PsYcHoKiLLa

Flashed RLS3, Like it so far, very smooth, not sure about the keyboard though but I'll be using SlideIt anyway as that's my fave.

Quick question, I'll be installing Launcher Pro and using Titanium to get rid of the default launcher and other apps I'm not going to use, will the HW acceleration still work?

Edited by PsYcHoKiLLa

Guest Titas

Flashed RLS3, Like it so far, very smooth, not sure about the keyboard though but I'll be using SlideIt anyway as that's my fave.

Quick question, I'll be installing Launcher Pro and using Titanium to get rid of the default launcher and other apps I'm not going to use, will the HW acceleration still work?

As you're not touching the system I feel pretty sure it will have no effect on HW acceleration - no doubt someone will confirm (or correct me!)

Looking fwd to the TMV release, I guess tomorrow?!

Guest PsYcHoKiLLa

As you're not touching the system I feel pretty sure it will have no effect on HW acceleration - no doubt someone will confirm (or correct me!)

Looking fwd to the TMV release, I guess tomorrow?!

I'm guessing it won't be possible to flash the overclocked kernel then, without losing the hw acceleration?

Guest Titas

I'm guessing it won't be possible to flash the overclocked kernel then, without losing the hw acceleration?

I'm guessing it's possible just because I seem to recall that previous Blade ROM's had both but I suspect it may not be as easy as flashing an overclocked kernel. raverr said (12.38 today) " you wont get overclocking from me unfortunately. Compiling from source is not my game. Although i have quite a firm grasp on the android platform It remains just a hobby/pass time for me." so I assume the ROM would have to be recompiled to build in O/C

Guest Titas

Sorry Titas we ran into problems and this new rom wouldn't boot either using the source bases over on this site: http://blog.podtwo.c...ock%20ROMs.html

It'll be at least a few more days.

raverr / frodo. No worries! Thanks for all the hard work on this - I appreciate the update. TMV was always going to be more troublesome & I'd rather you took a little longer & ironed out the problems than rushed it through late in the day. I'll be anxiously waiting for some good news wink.gif

Guest Reider59

Still downloading the other ROM I`m trying out so I just put FnC R3 on and its a deffo keeper as I thought it would be. That keyboard has got to go though, I agree. Apart from that I really really like the new ROM. Thanks guys.....

Edit: Tried the other ROM and I`ve now put FnC R3 back on like I thought I would rolleyes.gifbiggrin.gif

Edited by Reider59

Guest Fuzzra

I'm guessing it's possible just because I seem to recall that previous Blade ROM's had both but I suspect it may not be as easy as flashing an overclocked kernel. raverr said (12.38 today) " you wont get overclocking from me unfortunately. Compiling from source is not my game. Although i have quite a firm grasp on the android platform It remains just a hobby/pass time for me." so I assume the ROM would have to be recompiled to build in O/C

Using an OC kernel under should be fine, it's the ramdisk which goes with it in the boot.img that you don't want to fiddle with too much between ROMS. I'll get 'round to fixing the front camera soon (since the last source release from ZTE the driver is available, but gives a flipped image as it is,) and put up a couple which should drop in any Gingerbread ROM.

Edited by Fuzzra

Guest Adam128

Hi guy's.

Thank's for the new rom, just put it on and it seems to work wellsmile.gif

Quick question. After flashing RLS3 on my SFII i seem to only have 163mb of internal storage. I'm assuming this is something i've done wrong rather than something to do with the ROM itself? Would someone mind confirming?

I'm a bit of a noob so sorry if the answer is obvious.

Guest Titas

Hi guy's.

Thank's for the new rom, just put it on and it seems to work wellsmile.gif

Quick question. After flashing RLS3 on my SFII i seem to only have 163mb of internal storage. I'm assuming this is something i've done wrong rather than something to do with the ROM itself? Would someone mind confirming?

I'm a bit of a noob so sorry if the answer is obvious.

That sounds about right. A2SD is enabled on this ROM so you can conserve as much as possible by putting an extn partition on your SD Card (easiest way is via ROM Manager). Apps will then be installed there by default.

More info here; http://android.modac...-for-your-apps/

Edited by Titas

Guest JohnnyZTE

This has to be the best ROM I have ever seen. the HW acceleration really is good, It plays BBC iplayer in Middle quality, before I had to turn down the quality, FM radio and Bluetooth all working. and the phone feels snappy and fresh. The phone is fully functional and I'm very pleased, I have a 8gig card in it and when I was installing FishnChips I partitioned the SD card with Recovery. I Installed A2SD and turned on apps to SD. now I have mountains of room for Apps.

At this point I cant see me needing any other updates. But I bet Raverr doesn't feel the same. biggrin.gif

Guest Titas

This has to be the best ROM I have ever seen. the HW acceleration really is good, It plays BBC iplayer in Middle quality, before I had to turn down the quality, FM radio and Bluetooth all working. and the phone feels snappy and fresh. The phone is fully functional and I'm very pleased, I have a 8gig card in it and when I was installing FishnChips I partitioned the SD card with Recovery. I Installed A2SD and turned on apps to SD. now I have mountains of room for Apps.

At this point I cant see me needing any other updates. But I bet Raverr doesn't feel the same. biggrin.gif

Hi JohnnyZTE - Just to avoid any possible confusion of others less familiar with ext partitions etc., A2SD is pre-installed in the ROM. I guess you installed A2SDGUI, the front end interface app available from Market

Guest windy_miller

Excellent ROM raverrr, thanks for the update! Couple of things I noticed...

• A2SDGUI wasn't installed by default like the previous ROM.
  • The Timezone defaults to Paris, which meant my clock was an hour fast. Really confused me for a while last night when I glanced at the clock on my phone :lol:
  • Google Sky Maps still doesn't work :(

Other than that everything works great! Good work :D

Guest IronFarm

Love this ROM but I have a few questions/comments.

Firstly, the MD5 for the new stock launcher version doesn't match the given value. I tried redownloading twice and when I flashed the ROM it wouldn't boot. I've switched to the Nemus version for now.

Secondly, where is iPlayer? Do I have to install it from the market?

Finally, is there a way to change the purpleness? I'd rather switch to grey or the original green as I find the purple doesn't go well with the black and grey.

Thanks for all your hard work!

Guest raverrr

Good news on performance side.

can anyone else confirm the bad MD5?

All additional apis where removed including the apps to sd GUI

I will add some themes including a minimalistic one

Timezone was overlooked but...come on how hard is out to set the time :)

Guest raverrr

Good news on performance side.

can anyone else confirm the bad MD5?

All additional apis where removed including the apps to sd GUI

I will add some themes including a minimalistic one

Timezone was overlooked but...come on how hard is out to set the time :)

Guest Reider59

I absolutely love this version. I was at home with R2, it fitted like a glove even with the few little faults. This version takes things a step closer to perfection. To me, apart from Orange clutter, this is how the phone should arrive. It just sparkles with this ROM and I`m proud to show off the phone and features to anyone. Even more so now and people are saying they wish they`d got this model. Thanks guys, you really did the business on this one!

Guest Josef Prusa

I absolutely love this version. I was at home with R2, it fitted like a glove even with the few little faults. This version takes things a step closer to perfection. To me, apart from Orange clutter, this is how the phone should arrive. It just sparkles with this ROM and I`m proud to show off the phone and features to anyone. Even more so now and people are saying they wish they`d got this model. Thanks guys, you really did the business on this one!

Aaah, the envy... I can only hope that the TMV version follows within few days...

Guest Ratzmandious

I downloaded the SF2 Nemus three times and twice I got a bad MD5 check. Think it was something to do with the download service.

I'm quite happy with it, except for the purple notification icons (Really? Purple? :D). I would have liked the A2SD app pre-installed, but aside from that, it was just fine. I just used Titanium Backup to backup all apps before I did the wipe and reinstall. I played around reinstalling it a few times since I was trying to get a larger Cache TPT flashed first and had to do it a few times to get everything running the way I wanted.

Only minor niggle I did encounter was trying to download apps - it kept saying that there wasn't sufficient space to install anything until I went to "installed applications" which seemed to remind it how much space was available.