[ROM] <<< Fish'N'Chips 7 >>> [2.3.5]

Guest raverrr

Guest raverrr

Ah well, just choose a nice, smooth launcher which has a nice amount of customization and I'll be happy!

Also, I'm not bad when it comes to Photoshop and Illustrator so is there any way in which I could help with the themes, if so can you link me to some form of tutorial and I'll kill some time.

Nice one :) Ill PM you in a min.

thanks

Guest JohnnyZTE

WOW surely the phone has hardly been touched. I get the usual one day of use. Down to about 30% when i get in bed then charge it overnight anyway.

Your right Raverrr, the phone has hardly been touched, I wake it once a day to make sure it hasn't gone faulty, as she claims it is doing. But that is cracking standby time and proof that apps and wifi give the battery a beating, normal 3g seems to have no effect.

Oh yea, Go launcher looks the job. :)

Edited by JohnnyZTE

Guest Josef Prusa

Oh yea, Go launcher looks the job.

I'd vote for the Go launcher since it is my favourite so far anyway but if Raverrr does not like it - then just stay with Nemus. It is my "second best".

As for the Go launcher - they've got some pretty interesting ecosystem there with their own widgets, screen locker and lots of themes. Most are free, the better ones are not. And the Go keyboard scores as one of the best free keyboards you can get...

Just sayin'...

Guest mooms

Update:

-Got some themes ready for Fish'N'Chips 7 (Mashup theme and still working on a "french blue/honeycomb one)

-Host file updated to remove ads

-Thinking of a change of launcher (open to suggestions)

-More apps will be removed and added as optional add ons

-Looking into a simple app so themes and add ons can be downloaded to the sd card directly.

The rest is still in the mix.

hello raverrr, i have 3 questions for you:

What's wrong with nemus ?

what apps will you remove in rls7?

Alos, can you fix the bug of english tests results in default browser for non english users ? (rls 5.1 did not had that bug)

Guest irishpancake

Hey raverrr.....I know it's heresy, but I just cannot get over Launcher Pro....as long as I am GB, I will use it!!!

I know, I know...it is now an orphan, but it had/has everything.......speed, smoothness, adaptability, scrolling like a jar of honey, widgets, etc, etc everything you would expect from a launcher......[i am perhaps old school]...

I know it is not possible for your ROM, but just gotta say, such a pity!!!! what might have been!!!

Edited by irishpancake

Guest raverrr

Hey raverrr.....I know it's great, but I just cannot get over Launcher Pro....as long as I am GB, I will use it!!!

I know, I know...it is now an orphan, but it had/has everything.......speed, smoothness, adaptability, scrolling like a jar of honey, widgets, etc, etc everything you would expect from a launcher......[i am perhaps old school]...

I know it is not possible for your ROM, but just gotta say, such a pity!!!! what might have been!!!

I think I will just post several versions.(lol @honey comment)

Guest raverrr

hello raverrr, i have 3 questions for you:

What's wrong with nemus ?

what apps will you remove in rls7?

Alos, can you fix the bug of english tests results in default browser for non english users ? (rls 5.1 did not had that bug)

I'm keeping nemus with a few changes. Removing google black to cure search issue for French users but keeping some of the resources...so it's still black :) (win /win). Might remove stopwatch and google talk or add them to the data partition to save some space in the system. that's all I can think of eight now without my computer obeying of me.

Guest irishpancake

I think I will just post several versions.(lol @honey comment)

No raverrrrrrr.....[how many R's :p]

It'd OK man...

whatever you decide is OK....

but I will also have LP as long as there is GB....especially with such a big system partition

I do like my "honey".....:D

Guest Reider59

Said it before and I`ll say it again......Loving this SFII. Proud to walk about with it in my pocket, proud to display its capabilities to all and sundry-many of who decide to go Android then. If it wasn`t for Raverrr and FnC I don`t think it would be so effective.

I`ll try V7 but the good thing is no matter what is in it we can always return to V6 or prior to that. The only close ROM IMHO is CM7 which feels fast and smooth but not as effective or complete as FnC V6. I`d love to see a CM7 from Raverrr but with his usuual touch of magic with applications etc. I`m sure Daz said it was OK to mix it a little.

Still here, just very very busy with my Photographic group/forum for them/art group and a club I go to for over 55`s (though I`m only 53 in June lol). Also doing my English City & Guilds to go with Maths City & Guilds and ECDL I completed 2 years back. Never too old to learn......

Edited by Reider59

Guest mtpockets

Registered to thank raverr and anyone else involved for the work done on this. I know zero about these sort of things but now have unlocked, rooted, bloatware free SFII. Still find the whole android thing and battery life frustrating (viva my nokia 6320) but really appreciate your efforts.

Guest kiki67100

I'm keeping nemus with a few changes. Removing google black to cure search issue for French users but keeping some of the resources...so it's still black :) (win /win). Might remove stopwatch and google talk or add them to the data partition to save some space in the system. that's all I can think of eight now without my computer obeying of me.

Thanks raverr

Guest app10336
-Thinking of a change of launcher (open to suggestions)

-More apps will be removed and added as optional add ons

- I thinks, that Go Launcher is the best for me :P (I'have removed nemus on my phone ;))

- Nice idea :)

Good news for next release :o

Guest irishpancake
Said it before and I`ll say it again......Loving this SFII. Proud to walk about with it in my pocket, proud to display its capabilities to all and sundry-many of who decide to go Android then.

snip....snip....

Still here, just very very busy with my Photographic group/forum for them/art group and a club I go to for over 55`s (though I`m only 53 in June lol). Also doing my English City & Guilds to go with Maths City & Guilds and ECDL I completed 2 years back. Never too old to learn......

Man.....you another in his 50's....

I am a little ahead of you, 58!!!

Good to see we are holding our own with the "young guns"....

C&G's and ECDL, etc.....good luck!!!

I was about to do my Cisco CCNA leading to go to CCNP when I got Cancer..... two years ago.

I was working in Irish Telco.....but left in early retirement!!!

OK now, but lost the momentum, perhaps in the future!!!!

But you keep up the good work, and the very best of luck to you.....sorry for derrailing thread :mellow:

Guest raverrr

Right,:

Does anybody know of a file hosting site that supports very simple "get" requests? I need a place to host the themes for the app.I don't want to host them from my house because i quite like my bandwidth the way it is lol.

Also spare me the networking techno babble :). i know a bit, not a lot :)

Guest fr0do

Hey raverrr.....I know it's heresy, but I just cannot get over Launcher Pro....as long as I am GB, I will use it!!!

Launcher Pro rocks. Best launcher out there for GB IMO. And it does ICS apparently. No updated for about a year, but like someone said - it doesn't need it.

GoLauncher goes way over the top with every possible customisation. Trying to speed up this phone as much as I could all of Go went. Can't stand it now. LP does all of the essentials and I haven't found anything as smooth. Including the newer light and lean launchers. Zeam doesn't scroll properly. FTL is too limited.

Guest irishpancake

Launcher Pro rocks. Best launcher out there for GB IMO. And it does ICS apparently. No updated for about a year, but like someone said - it doesn't need it.

GoLauncher goes way over the top with every possible customisation. Trying to speed up this phone as much as I could all of Go went. Can't stand it now. LP does all of the essentials and I haven't found anything as smooth. Including the newer light and lean launchers. Zeam doesn't scroll properly. FTL is too limited.

I thought it was just me, cos LP was my first launcher, on my Olde Trusty Blade1 :wub: ....

that was after I dumped the Orange 2.1 and Bloat, about 5 mins in all.... :)

Seriously, it runs on ICS, thought it was just left there, floating around like the Marie Céleste or the Flying Dutchman.......

Guest dodgetimmy

First want to thank for your work raverrr.

Has anyone found any problems with the mobile data connection? On my SFII with RL6 the data connection seems to cut out every few mins. This happens with video calls and with transfers. (e.g syncing my titanium backup to dropbox).

Is this kind of behavoir just to be expected? Could anyone offer any advice on how to troubleshoot the problem?

Thanks

Guest raverrr

First want to thank for your work raverrr.

Has anyone found any problems with the mobile data connection? On my SFII with RL6 the data connection seems to cut out every few mins. This happens with video calls and with transfers. (e.g syncing my titanium backup to dropbox).

Is this kind of behavoir just to be expected? Could anyone offer any advice on how to troubleshoot the problem?

Thanks

If you use giff gaff then they have been having problems for a while.

If not then could be any number of things. Not the ROM tho :) i like to think i would have had another report over the last thousend downloads or so.

Not surprising that video calls drop or lag over mobile data connection it isnt a very reliable connection. unless you live under a cell tower lol.

Have you tried over wifi? just to rule out the app.

Guest dodgetimmy

Thanks for the reply! And yes, indeed I am on giffgaff, i guess the free data comes at a cost.

I thought I could get away with these uploads/downloads/video calling as the transmitters are just two buildings from me! But I guess given the recent problems, not.

Thanks for clarifying though, I will have buy a dongle to share my computers internet connection.