[ROM] <<< Fish'N'Chips 7 >>> [2.3.5]

Guest raverrr

Guest JohnnyZTE

Right,:

Does anybody know of a file hosting site that supports very simple "get" requests? I need a place to host the themes for the app.I don't want to host them from my house because i quite like my bandwidth the way it is lol.

Also spare me the networking techno babble :). i know a bit, not a lot :)

Hi raverrr,

you could use Google drive, its just come out, its for hosting files and you can share with friends, on your computer you drop the files in to the Google Drive folder and that's it, make up some log in name and share that. Google drive is hosted away from your house, forgot to mention that.

I've been messing with it for photos and music, they give you 5gb for free.

Edited by JohnnyZTE

Guest raverrr

Hi raverrr,

you could use Google drive, its just come out, its for hosting files and you can share with friends, on your computer you drop the files in to the Google Drive folder and that's it, make up some log in name and share that. Google drive is hosted away from your house, forgot to mention that.

Cheers m8. Havent tried any yet. I will keep you all updated :). it will be my secong app only so dont expect miracles lol

Guest rymate1234

Well, as my first experience with a custom rom, I rather like this one! I just wish there was a way to do an upgrade rather than a wipe everything and start all over again reinstall.

Guest JohnnyZTE

If you back up with Titanium it gets pretty close rymate1234.

I second that! if you use Titanium, you can be up and running again in half an hour if you get a clean run at it. Just Install Titanium first before anything,

Guest irishpancake

Hi raverrr,

Just a question regarding Drive.....I installed it on the TMV, for the missus.......

And, instead of less than 2% Battery drain overnight, like as in go to bed 100%, check in the morning, battery at 99/98%, after 8-9 hours.....everything off, except normal Phone...no syncing, no alarms....exceedingly good, lightweight, powe saving rom!!!!

However, after Drive install, overnight Battery Drain is up 20% at least....100% to 80%, everything else as was!!!

Now, I don't know enough to hazard a guess, but does Google Drive have settings regarding sync, etc

I have uninstalled and will report any improvement without Drive......I think stick with Drop Box!!!

Guest JohnnyZTE

Just a question regarding Drive.....I installed it on the TMV, for the missus.......

And, instead of less than 2% Battery drain overnight, like as in go to bed 100%, check in the morning, battery at 99/98%, after 8-9 hours.....everything off, except normal Phone...no syncing, no alarms....exceedingly good, lightweight, powe saving rom!!!!

However, after Drive install, overnight Battery Drain is up 20% at least....100% to 80%, everything else as was!!!

Now, I don't know enough to hazard a guess, but does Google Drive have settings regarding sync, etc

I have uninstalled and will report any improvement without Drive......I think stick with Drop Box!!!

Yes I would have to agree with you there, but you don't need it on the phone if its just on everyone's home computer, Raverrrr could give us his files and themes by simply sharing a sub folder on his, you wouldn't need to look for files they would simply be there..

just an Idea

I also took it off my phone due to the battery thing.

Guest mtpockets

Registered to thank raverr and anyone else involved for the work done on this. I know zero about these sort of things but now have unlocked, rooted, bloatware free SFII. Still find the whole android thing and battery life frustrating (viva my nokia 6320) but really appreciate your efforts.

Would like to add battery life is much better now, esp overnight as alarm in airplane mode (was still at 100% in the morning) and sleep mode in general. Makes me wonder what the heck was running before. Thanks again.

Also, bit of a retard question - to turn off internet but still receive/make phone calls is it just a matter of unchecking the 'data enabled' box? What's the difference between data enabled and data roaming? Is it just a case of only using my network or others as well, and if I'm say on o2 simplicity would it make any cost/data difference? Happy to post question elsewhere if this isn't the place.

Guest DrStrange

Hi raverrr,

Thanks for this. This phone is my first smartphone ever and got your ROM installed the day after I got it, it was so easy.

I did a factory reset as I thought an app was misbehavin and your nice Fish'N'Chips bootup animation has been replaced by "android". Anyway to get it back apart from reflashing your ROM?

Edited by DrStrange

Guest raverrr

Hi raverrr,

Thanks for this. This phone is my first smartphone ever and got your ROM installed the day after I got it, it was so easy.

I did a factory reset as I thought an app was misbehavin and your nice Fish'N'Chips bootup animation has been replaced by "android". Anyway to get it back apart from reflashing your ROM?

Yer you could push it with adb. It has to go to data/local.

Guest kiki67100

Hi raverrr,

You also can use https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jrummy.liberty.toolbox&hl=fr with this you can choice on severals boot screen animation, it's free

Guest Dazzozo

Cheers m8. Havent tried any yet. I will keep you all updated :). it will be my secong app only so dont expect miracles lol

If you need file hosting closer to how web servers operate (direct file access etc) instead of personal file hosting like dropbox or gdrive I could set you up. It'd run how my crescent.thebronasium.com mirror works.

Guest raverrr

If you need file hosting closer to how web servers operate (direct file access etc) instead of personal file hosting like dropbox or gdrive I could set you up. It'd run how my crescent.thebronasium.com mirror works.

Thanks for the offer :) how does that work and what does it entail?

Guest Dazzozo

Thanks for the offer :) how does that work and what does it entail?

Well, I'd imagine serving the files over Google Drive or Dropbox or equivalent would be quite hard to handle, as all the sharing permissions would have to be right for each file and you'd have to find the exact link to the file which could change as who knows what wizardry happens on these servers.

With this it'd be a lot more predictable as you'd know exactly where the location of the file is and you only have to handle the single download request.

As for the server itself, you'd get files on to it with an FTP client - I'd recommend FileZilla. You just drag them across and they upload and they're instantly accessible on the server, as they are here.

I imagine that directory listing that's visible on that link would be hidden and you'd have the app do all the getting.

Edited by Dazzozo

Guest raverrr

Well, I'd imagine serving the files over Google Drive or Dropbox or equivalent would be quite hard to handle, as all the sharing permissions would have to be right for each file and you'd have to find the exact link to the file which could change as who knows what wizardry happens on these servers.

With this it'd be a lot more predictable as you'd know exactly where the location of the file is and you only have to handle the single download request.

As for the server itself, you'd get files on to it with an FTP client - I'd recommend FileZilla. You just drag them across and they upload and they're instantly accessible on the server, as they are here.

I imagine that directory listing that's visible on that link would be hidden and you'd have the app do all the getting.

Yer this would be ideal for what i want :)

Guest raverrr

I think we could work something out. ;)

Cheers dude :). Next time i have a decent chunk of time to spend keyboard bashing ill be in touch :). Easier that way because i work long and strange hours. And my free time is directly proportional to my girlfriends mood xD

thanks again

Guest Reider59

Just a little sidenote on the strength of the SFII and FnC R6 as a ROM;

MY video/chat room host went broke and it closed. A temporary one was set up on IRC with Flash Cams and 1 IRC chatroom. I recreated my room but each time it emptied it was taken out of the room lists. I could use an IRC BNC Bot or any of several other types but many server owners don`t like them in rooms (channels) so theirs a chance of being banned. Instead I made a user called RoomBot and set it AWAY so it gets no messages as follows;

I set up an IRC user called RoomBot using IRC on my SFII in FnC R6. Registered the nick on the server and auto added him as a Room (channel) Operator. I then set the phone to auto relog if the connection to the room dropped. The phone has kept the room alive in the list for some 36 hours so far. Power level with WiFi constantly on has dropped from 83 to only 43 in that time and it hasn`t needed to be charged, yet kept my room open for me.

Nice one guys! This phone and this ROM just gets more and more amazing in its capabilities and features. You don`t need to understand the above except this phone and ROM has worked as a keep alive feature for 36 hours in IRC chat. Many thanks.....

EDIT: 38.5 hours now and dropped 83 to 40, room still alive. I`m tempted to push it to 48 hours and then begin charging. Considering it wasn`t on 100% when it started I estimate 3 days on battery power keeping the room alive over WiFi!!! Brilliant!

Edited by Reider59

Guest raverrr

Just a little sidenote on the strength of the SFII and FnC R6 as a ROM;

MY video/chat room host went broke and it closed. A temporary one was set up on IRC with Flash Cams and 1 IRC chatroom. I recreated my room but each time it emptied it was taken out of the room lists. I could use an IRC BNC Bot or any of several other types but many server owners don`t like them in rooms (channels) so theirs a chance of being banned. Instead I made a user called RoomBot and set it AWAY so it gets no messages as follows;

I set up an IRC user called RoomBot using IRC on my SFII in FnC R6. Registered the nick on the server and auto added him as a Room (channel) Operator. I then set the phone to auto relog if the connection to the room dropped. The phone has kept the room alive in the list for some 36 hours so far. Power level with WiFi constantly on has dropped from 83 to only 43 in that time and it hasn`t needed to be charged, yet kept my room open for me.

Nice one guys! This phone and this ROM just gets more and more amazing in its capabilities and features. You don`t need to understand the above except this phone and ROM has worked as a keep alive feature for 36 hours in IRC chat. Many thanks.....

Nice! Good idea to :)

Guest CurtisAndroidSF2

Just wondering if you're planning on removing Google Talk, DSP Manager and other apps which people may not use on RLS7? And can we get a sneak peak on the themes if you're not busy?

Thanks

Guest raverrr

Just wondering if you're planning on removing Google Talk, DSP Manager and other apps which people may not use on RLS7? And can we get a sneak peak on the themes if you're not busy?

Thanks

Im not getting rid of dsp. May axe talk. I will poat screenies later or tomorrow of the themes so far still lors to do tho :)

Guest BenTheHuman

great app only complaint is that the buttons at the bottom dont seem to match eachother which can be quite annoying