[ROM] <<< Fish'N'Chips 7 >>> [2.3.5]

Guest raverrr

Guest Timotei

by doing it exactlly as you described it lol.hold for 1/2 secs then slide left or right

unsure if launcher pro is better or not, keep on getting popups when moving apps on home screen saying to buy launcher pro plus. also non of the really cool stuff works as it requires plus. my main question is how to get the 'long press on status bar and slide to change brighness' to work? i dont know if im doing it right but nothing happens :/

cheers

hmm i fiqured it out now, you need to have automatic brightness set to 'off'. although after using it it seems a little jumpy on the brightness when sliding. however i think it was a neat idea to include :)

Guest raverrr

Hi folks,

Not used FnC for a while, does anyone know if Bluetooth now works for the TMV on this v7?

It should work just fine both though headset and for transferring files.Haven't had any reports of otherwise.

Guest JohnnyZTE

I can confirm that it now works in Peugoet 407, Audi A4 and a PS3 headset seems to work, it transfers files brilliantly between a HP laptop and another Sanfransico. Haven't tried Nokia just cant see why I would bother, everyone is getting rid of them now. haha

Guest welshrage

hmmm my wi-fi dont work on this rom... wifi switches on, then switches off after about 20 seconds and it doesnt display any found networks... wifi works great on cm7 and daz's cm9

my mistake... i restored wifi settings using titanium backup which i backed up whilst trialling the kick-ass rom... big booboo by me grrr

it's the kick ass rom i getting wifi probs with,will now post in relevant poat

Edited by welshrage

Guest Prettygrim

excuse me for asking guys, but as i need some help with getting FnC on my Vivacity, do i post in here or open a new topic? dont want people to try to advise me and others get left out.

Guest raverrr

excuse me for asking guys, but as i need some help with getting FnC on my Vivacity, do i post in here or open a new topic? dont want people to try to advise me and others get left out.

Your in the right place fire away :)

Guest Prettygrim

hi raverrr. tnx. some starter info then a couple of questions for you. mobile phones are definitely NOT my forte, but luckily a friend is pretty good and usually sorts both his and my phones out. we have had problems, more with my phone than his for some reason (both vivacity). to start, could you tell me what the default partition sizes are on the Vivacity, do they need changing to accomodate FnC and suggested partition size to use? the reason i'm asking is after unlocking my phone (no prob) and doing whatever had to then be done, tried to get FnC rls6 on. no go at all! after hours of doing and redoing got no where. ended up putting phone back to 'stock'? and managed to get FnC rls4 on. phone appears to work fine. however, i think i'm right in saying that the internal storage says 143 meg used space, 20 meg free. i have about half the apps on here as i had on the Blade 1 but cant put anything else on the vivacity through lack of space. i have an 8gig sd card in the phone and everything i try to put to it tells me it is over and only options are to uninstall the app or put to phone. somewhere something isn't right but dont know what. can i change partition size now or is it too late? if i start from scratch again, change partition size and things dont work, how do i get the backup of what i have now back on the phone?

sorry for long post. wanted to give as much info as i could in hope can get advice ready to try again at weekend. anything else needed, will try to assist. please remember, i am a complete phone dummy! haha

TIA

Edited by Prettygrim

Guest raverrr

hi raverrr. tnx. some starter info then a couple of questions for you. mobile phones are definitely NOT my forte, but luckily a friend is pretty good and usually sorts both his and my phones out. we have had problems, more with my phone than his for some reason (both vivacity). to start, could you tell me what the default partition sizes are on the Vivacity, do they need changing to accomodate FnC and suggested partition size to use? the reason i'm asking is after unlocking my phone (no prob) and doing whatever had to then be done, tried to get FnC rls6 on. no go at all! after hours of doing and redoing got no where. ended up putting phone back to 'stock'? and managed to get FnC rls4 on. phone appears to work fine. however, i think i'm right in saying that the internal storage says a43 meg used space, 20 meg free. i have about half the apps on here as i had on the Blade 1 but cant put anything else on the vivacity through lack of space. i have an 8gig sd card in the phone and everything i try to put to it tells me it is over and only options are to uninstall the app or put to phone. somewhere something isn't right but dont know what. can i change partition size now or is it too late? if i start from scratch again, change partition size and things dont work, how do i get the backup of what i have now back on the phone?

sorry for long post. wanted to give as much info as i could in hope can get advice ready to try again at weekend. anything else needed, will try to assist. please remember, i am a complete phone dummy! haha

TIA

I used tpt helper and used the option "c " i think. The rom fits snug on a 160 mb system partition leaving plenty of room for apps. Just make sure you select the right device :). I cant think why the rom didnt work for you.are you sure you used the TMV version? By reatoring what you have backed up do you mean your apps?

Guest Prettygrim

tnx for reply raverrr. yes, definitely TMV used. yes, i meant the apps. we used Titanium Backup to get stuff from old blade on to Vivacity. was that wrong? should all apps been installed again fron scratch? also, any advice on the questions i asked about partitions? ie, original Vivacity sizes and if partitions are changed to something else, will that stop a backup done before partitions are changed from being put back? any idea why so much space used internally for apps, with so few installed, yet so much space supposedly available (just under 7gig) on sd card? my concern atm is that if we change partition sizes and things still dont work, i then cant get the back up i have now on the phone, so basically have no working phone at all.

Guest raverrr

The rom doesn't affect the partition sizes. If you havnt changed them yourself they should still be stock. Notsure what the stock size is but that is why you have not a lot of room for apps. Restoring apps between 2 devices using titanium should be fine. Just don't reatore data. Do not try and restore the stock rom on to a smaller partition than ot was intended for.it will not work. I would go and read tpt threads if i was you just to get a firm idea of what you are dealing with. Mistake with a tpt can brick your phone

Guest Prettygrim

tnx again. so, do i understand correctly? which partitions are we talking about? can any of them be changed, none of them or one or two? if the (sys?) partition atm is for example 300meg, i do a backup, then reduce the partiton size to 200meg, the backup wont go back on, right? can i redo the partition if necessary so it is again the size when the backup was done, ie 300meg? how do i find out what size the partitions are atm? only one i have seen is the 'internal storage -140meg used, 20 meg free' how do i find out the size of the other (2?) partitions?

Guest MadEye Moody

tnx again. so, do i understand correctly? which partitions are we talking about? can any of them be changed, none of them or one or two? if the (sys?) partition atm is for example 300meg, i do a backup, then reduce the partiton size to 200meg, the backup wont go back on, right? can i redo the partition if necessary so it is again the size when the backup was done, ie 300meg? how do i find out what size the partitions are atm? only one i have seen is the 'internal storage -140meg used, 20 meg free' how do i find out the size of the other (2?) partitions?

The stock /system partition is 200mb i think. You can use TPTHelper application to partition your internal storage. I haven't done it, so I'm not sure about how u go about it.

That said, u don't really need to partition if u want all your user apps in the sdcard. You can use a2sd to move apps and the dalvik-cache to a 1gb, ext3 formated partition on the sdcard. It can be done using clockworkmod recovery (the partitioning). That is how i'm using my OSF2. before that i had the space problem as well even with moving all the app data to sdcard (for apps that permit it)

Not repartitioning your internal memory lets u put ROMs which require the 200mb partition (like Daz's CM9-Work-In-Progress).

Guest Prettygrim

ok. so if the sys partition is 200 meg and i assume the apps partition is 160, (140+20) would that make the other partition 80 meg? can that partition be changed with tpt without upsetting anything else? would a backup done previously be useable if the apps partition was increased with space from the 80 meg partition?

Guest MadEye Moody

How do i make the phone wake up on volume keys?

I tried

ro.config.hwfeature_wakeupkey=1

in /system/build.prop

but that didn't seem to make any difference

Guest Reider59

I haven`t done a TPT on my SFII at all. I only use it as it is but after every ROM change I put Titanium backup on, then immediatelly put AS2DGUI back on by restore from Titanium. Then physically open AS2DGUI to activate it and select SU. From there on in Titanium takes over and restores everything. No problems with storage at all. I used Minitool Partition Wizard Home Edition to set my SD Card up, back in late December 2011, and never a problem since. Half is FAT32 and half is EXT2 approx.

The only problem I have to work through is the pairing of the Bluetooth on ver 7. Got it working with both of my BT adaptors in ver 6 but not happening in 7. I may just try Titanium to restore it and see what happens or go back to Ver 6. I now need BT to use the phone as a trackpad on my lappy while I do some stuff for a local Community Centre.

EDIT: Gone back to R6 and it appears its the lappy thats the problem for some reason. It has no built in BT and both adaptors have worked in the past. They work on the main machine in Vista but not on the laptop in Win7.

EDIT2: Woo hoo! Got a Rii micro keyboard/touchpad/laser pointer delivered (£23 + deliv) today. It works a treat and does exactly what I want, built in charger too and the radio receiver tucks inside it. Will be using it for my Rasberry Pi due around the end of the month too.

Edited by Reider59

Guest Prettygrim

any idea how much total internal storage space you have and how much is free? i use cyanogenmod 7 on my blade 1. i have 314 meg total internal storage space and 116 meg free. i have no idea about other partition sizes. that's obviously why i cant get many apps on to the Vivacity. i assume therefore that i need to change partition sizes on the vivacity to give the space i need. so, suggestions as to suitable partition sizes please? going by the blade 1 info, to get everything on the Vivacity i need quite a big data partition, more than 220 meg. am i right thinking that and how do i know what would be suitable sizes foir the all partitions?

Guest irishpancake

any idea how much total internal storage space you have and how much is free? i use cyanogenmod 7 on my blade 1. i have 314 meg total internal storage space and 116 meg free. i have no idea about other partition sizes. that's obviously why i cant get many apps on to the Vivacity. i assume therefore that i need to change partition sizes on the vivacity to give the space i need. so, suggestions as to suitable partition sizes please? going by the blade 1 info, to get everything on the Vivacity i need quite a big data partition, more than 220 meg. am i right thinking that and how do i know what would be suitable sizes foir the all partitions?

The internal Storage on the SF2/TMV is quite limited, but the stock system partition is more than adequet to house the full FnC 6 System Apps, 200M.

In fact, I am keeping my stock partition as is, to allow for possible CM9, which will require 200M......

And, I am integrating some non-system Apps into the ROM to use up the extra space available there, leaving about 20-30M for updates, etc.

I use Apps2ROM, see here: http://www.modaco.co...30#entry1947130

I would advise the use of the default GB App2SD, as you don't need to partition your SD card, and moving Apps to SD storage is a simple process, easier if you use the App App2SD, which will notify when Downloaded Apps can be moved, and manage existing downloaded Apps.

The Manual default App2SD can be accessed by Settings/Applications/Manage Applications/On SD Card Tab....Apps which can or have been moved will be listed there, those moved will have a check-mark in the box, if not, to move, tap the App listed, and it will bring you to the App page, where you can then tap "Move to SD card".

They will go to a hidden folder on your SD card, called /sdcard/.android_secure

The contents cannot normally be viewed from your device, but a good app to see your hidden folders is Storage Analyser

Edited by irishpancake

Guest batteran

Hello.

First, sorry for my poor engllish, I'm french ^^

I recently purchase a ZTE Blade S, and Fish&Chips work well, like it ^^

But I have a little proble with my corporate wifi, which is a 802.1x EAP (PEAP) and mschapv2 auth. (very common these days)

Android 2.3.5 have problem with these config, and can't connect (very common bug too, just check google). More recent relase works (some collegues at work have it android 4.x).

Fish&Chips have problem too.

But I found a modified wpa_supplicant file, and install it (via root browser lite: these file is in /system/bin ) and reboot the phone: it works! I was now connected to my corporate wifi.

here is the file: http://dl.free.fr/aNJTbPbVW If you can analys it and add it and put in your F&S ROM, I think it would be cool.

Guest Prettygrim

tnx for reply, irishpancake. so, is there a way to check all partition sizes? if sys is at 200 meg, and data is at 160 meg, cache must be 80 meg, right? i could rob 40 meg space from cache partition to increase data partition, using tpt to do that? can you make partitions any size you like, within reason, of course? eg, 190/30/220 for sys/cache/data or must those posted be used? ie, 160/40/240 or 200/40/200. is 160 meg too small for FnC sys? appreciate that 200 meg sys seems sensible as will be ready then for CM9.

Guest CurtisAndroidSF2

If I were you I'd just stick to the stock partition, I've had no problems with it and I've switched between Fish N Chips and Cyanogenmod 9 and managed to have all my apps and games on my device with over 30 mb left of internal memory. If memory is a problem just remember you can use Titanium Backup to move ANY application to the SD card, I move most if not all my apps to my SD card.

Guest Prettygrim

as there appears to be only 160 meg total internal storage available of which 20 meg is free, i have basically run out of space. i used titanium back up to get apps from blade 1 to Vivacity, but had to leave a lot off. also used app2sd. really i need the extra space but dont know how to increase it without screwing things up completely. when i check to see if an app can be moved to sd, only options are to move to phone or uninstall, so assume they are already on card. maybe i'm being thick, sorry

Guest CurtisAndroidSF2

Well if you're planning on sticking with Fish N Chips then you could change the partition to 160mb then you'll have plenty of space, I'm not experienced with changing partitions so my experience ends here but I can't see it being a difficult task, just make sure you have a backup incase anything goes wrong.