[ROM] <<< Fish'N'Chips 7 >>> [2.3.5]

Guest raverrr

Guest raverrr

Raverrr any news on the new ROM? I ran into the sleep problem again yesterday.

nope. Ive had a lazy weekend :). will upload a 2.1 or something with some improvements asap.

Guest windy_miller

If you can do a quick build that just fixes the sleep problem that would do me for now. The only other thing I really want is the wifi switch etc in the notification bar.

Guest jasonleeds

whats this sleep problem people are talking about? blink.gif

I dont have this issue at all, phones been on solid for 3 days no problems.

I havent ramped my cpu down at all... left it standard...... could this be the problem??

Just curious as I have the problem with old cm7 builds on my blade 1

Edited by jasonleeds

Guest raverrr

I havent ramped my cpu down at all... left it standard...... could this be the problem??

It is a bit hit and miss this one. Back on the blade i had a sleep issue but n4y4nrules didn't, on the same ROM.

The problem is the handset not sleeping properly. so you can wake it with any button.

Adding a line to the build.prop fixes it once and for all.

Guest raverrr

Update:

In the next update (2.1)

-sleep issue fixed

-hardware accelerated video enabled

I'm also looking to add a Power control widget to the notification area but I am struggling with this. If anyone wants to try their hand at porting it from the BLADE version feel free. Or any other version out there.

If all else fails there is an app that should work.But I would rather have it built in to the systemUI.apk as I'm sure most of you would.

Guest Josef Prusa

Update:

In the next update (2.1)

-sleep issue fixed

I'm also looking to add a Power control widget to the notification area but I am struggling with this. If anyone wants to try their hand at porting it from the BLADE version feel free. Or any other version out there.

If all else fails there is an app that should work.But I would rather have it built in to the systemUI.apk as I'm sure most of you would.

No update to the Bluetooth audio problem? Itching to install Fish'N'Chips but looks like I won't have a chance yet.. sad.gif

Cheers!

Guest raverrr

No update to the Bluetooth audio problem? Itching to install Fish'N'Chips but looks like I won't have a chance yet.. sad.gif

Cheers!

Sorry guys, I don't get long to play on modaco i work long hours.So progress is slow.

Havent forgotten this one.I will get round to it.

Guest raverrr

Yeah, I'm also awaiting a bluetooth fix, anyone know if there is an easy way to fix myself?

If you are using the TMV there is an update posted somewhere. Could be a simple file swap if the update has working bluetooth.

Guest Josef Prusa

If you are using the TMV there is an update posted somewhere. Could be a simple file swap if the update has working bluetooth.

Hi Raverrr, Could you be more specific? I could not find anything like that around here...

Thanks

Guest jasonleeds

awesome stuffs raverrr.

Ahh thought it was more of the not waking up and battery pull...coming to think of it I may have been able to unlock my phone with any button with rls1 cant fully remember.

Noticed something tonight....tried running gta 3 again and it wont load....worked previously but ti be honest im not sure if it was even rooted then lol.

Ill try this new update when youve worked your magic.

Guest spaceford

Thanks raverrr the fantastic ROM. Just to have iPlayer working has been amazing.

If you're still working on an update, though, any chance you could check out the "no notification sound for text" issue that windy miller also got?

I'm getting a similar problem, but with me, I never get a notification sound for texts, no matter what I do. I do get notification sounds for everything else, such as completed downloads etc. I've looked in the settings in case I'm missing something, but it seems to be set to give a sound.

Weird, and maybe a quirk to my phone, as no-one else seems to be experiencing it, but it would be great to have it working again so I don't miss texts.

Hope someone figures out the power widgets from the Blade version too - that would be awesome.

cheers.

Guest raverrr

Thanks raverrr the fantastic ROM. Just to have iPlayer working has been amazing.

If you're still working on an update, though, any chance you could check out the "no notification sound for text" issue that windy miller also got?

I'm getting a similar problem, but with me, I never get a notification sound for texts, no matter what I do. I do get notification sounds for everything else, such as completed downloads etc. I've looked in the settings in case I'm missing something, but it seems to be set to give a sound.

Weird, and maybe a quirk to my phone, as no-one else seems to be experiencing it, but it would be great to have it working again so I don't miss texts.

Hope someone figures out the power widgets from the Blade version too - that would be awesome.

cheers.

Yep.Ill Try and sort it. I think its something silly like the name of the default tone.

it is 15_blaw.ogg. I dont think it likes the number :).

Guest windy_miller

Sometimes (has only happened to me twice) the phone doesn't sleep properly. You tell this by pressing the home button when the screen is off. If the screen comes back on then the phone is not properly asleep and will consume more battery.

Guest windy_miller

Update:

In the next update (2.1)

-sleep issue fixed

Excellent! Am looking forward to this. One question, does the hardware accelerated video consume more or less battery?

Guest Reider59

cheers.

I read in another post about Handset.SMS from the Android Market and free. It seems to fix the problem, has a test sound facility, up the volume and lots of other facilities too. I downloaded and installed then placed it on the main screen. Finally dumped the current SMS icon on the task bar and replaced it with the new one.

EDIT: Just tested and works perfectly, got my sound message "A message from the Darkside you have!" smile.gif

Edited by Reider59

Guest raverrr

Excellent! Am looking forward to this. One question, does the hardware accelerated video consume more or less battery?

Probably more. Worth it tho. I'm not really worrying about battery life. Still more than enough to get me though the day. I charge my phone every night anyway. (like pretty much anyone with a smartphone that they actually use ) :)

Guest Russ_uk

Probably more. Worth it tho. I'm not really worrying about battery life. Still more than enough to get me though the day. I charge my phone every night anyway. (like pretty much anyone with a smartphone that they actually use ) :)

Not sure about anyone else, but depending on how much extra battery drain is involved I think I'd prefer the hardware accelerated video enablement to be an optional extra (app) rather than as standard...

I know there are apps that will help to prolong battery life such as SetCPU or CPU Master but Lets face it the Crescent hasn't got the greatest battery life as it is without adding more load to the system.

Just a thought B)

Also, In the next day or so, I was thinking of going back through this thread and taking note of any bugs/glitches that people people might have. Then I'll post them all together in a single list (maybe in a separate thread) so as they're all neatly in one place...

I thought this would make things easier for yourself and n4y4nrules when it comes to preparing a new build as you won't have to trawl through pages and pages of content etc. Of course I'll keep the list monitored & fully updated and I'll check/tick off all bugs that have been fully dealt with as and when is needed.

What do you think? Good idea or unnecessary?

Edited by Russ_uk

Guest raverrr

Not sure about anyone else, but depending on how much extra battery drain is involved I think I'd prefer the hardware accelerated video enablement to be an optional extra (app) rather than as standard...

I know there are apps that will help to prolong battery life such as SetCPU or CPU Master but Lets face it the Crescent hasn't got the greatest battery life as it is without adding more load to the system.

Just a thought B)

Also, In the next day or so, I was thinking of going back through this thread and taking note of any bugs/glitches that people people might have. Then I'll post them all together in a single list (maybe in a separate thread) so as they're all neatly in one place...

I thought this would make things easier for yourself and n4y4nrules when it comes to preparing a new build as you won't have to trawl through pages and pages of content etc. Of course I'll keep the list monitored & fully updated and I'll check/tick off all bugs that have been fully dealt with as and when is needed.

What do you think? Good idea or unnecessary?

Good idea! :) every little helps.

Guest Degurney

Hi :)

Great rom... got no complaints apart from the APN`s.

I can`t seem to delete/add/change any of them.. I`m on o2... and none of the o2 apns work with sending mms`s :( #

They are either greyed out.. or the ones you can select .. you can`t edit...

Weird.. i`ve been able to delete/make new apns before on other Android handsets..

any ideas?

Guest Reider59

Thanks to Reider59

HandcentSMS is a great solution to the missing text notification sound until the next Fish'n'Chips build.

You`re welcome, it was a post I saw in another thread and decided to try out. To be honest I prefer this to the original App and wish it was built in to Fish N Chips. In any case I`ve backed it up with Titanium Backup so it goes back on, I want it even if the original one is fixed.

Roms always stick with the sleekest apps, keeping the footprint to an absolute minimum. Personally I don't like or have any desire for anything other than stock.