[ROM] <<< Fish'N'Chips 7 >>> [2.3.5]

Guest raverrr

Guest thanga005

Hi bud,

i just installed rls5 today and im really happy that bluetooth was working 100% :D better than before but still consumes a lot of memory, if used for more than 3 minutes and i really got to say the notification widget :D was really cool man, but really help me with the :( LED torch man,

Guest Josef Prusa

Its supposed to be blurred. And no themes yet.

BTW: what happened to the widget grouping patch? F'n'C used to group multiple widgets from same app together. Even the stock ROM did that, I suspect (not totally sure, tho).

Guest raverrr

if anyone else gettin abysmal battery life life like 1% every other minute when nothing is running?

I had quite poor battery life today. 12 hours and I'm now at25 %. probably because I haven't left it alone for more that 10 minutes lol. But 1% a minute is excessive. Have you any on going notifications, apps working needlessly in the background? Rebooted since flash?

Guest raverrr

I have to say this is the best version so far. It's not so much the look, the apps, speed, power bar, even the knockout twist view for the lock (normalising!) but a combination of all of them plus you caught up with previous errors. Things that some folk need, others not so much, but the point is most of it works, its fast, its responsive, it looks good and to me at least it blows everything else out of the water. I`m proud to show people my cheap little phone that works like an expensive one. I wouldn`t part with it or the ROM. Well done guys.....

Thank you :) it wouldn't be possible without all the great Android communities on the net and wouldn't be worthwhile without the odd nice word from the users such as yourself. Thanks for the support. :)

Guest raverrr

BTW: what happened to the widget grouping patch? F'n'C used to group multiple widgets from same app together. Even the stock ROM did that, I suspect (not totally sure, tho).

that was already in the base ROM we originally used for FNC. If it is a feature that can be added then I will. It was nicer.

Guest domenico lamberti

I had quite poor battery life today. 12 hours and I'm now at25 %. probably because I haven't left it alone for more that 10 minutes lol. But 1% a minute is excessive. Have you any on going notifications, apps working needlessly in the background? Rebooted since flash?

rebooted many times, no ongoing notifications and only app updating in background is twitter and Gmail

Guest glassblower

Firstly, a very big thank you to raverrr and n4yrules for all their hard work.

I have the TMV and currently running the sebastian404 ROM with stock vivacity kernel. Didn't go with RLS4 because of the bluetooth issue ( I need bluetooth for my car handsfree).

A couple of questions:

1. RLS5 apparently works on the TMV but should I wait for the specific viviacity RLS5 rather than use the OSF version?

2. I'm using the stock TMV kernel right now, could you please point me in the direction of a non-stock kernel I can use on my TMV with Fish & Chips RLS5.

Thank you

Neil

Guest raverrr

Firstly, a very big thank you to raverrr and n4yrules for all their hard work.

I have the TMV and currently running the sebastian404 ROM with stock vivacity kernel. Didn't go with RLS4 because of the bluetooth issue ( I need bluetooth for my car handsfree).

A couple of questions:

1. RLS5 apparently works on the TMV but should I wait for the specific viviacity RLS5 rather than use the OSF version?

2. I'm using the stock TMV kernel right now, could you please point me in the direction of a non-stock kernel I can use on my TMV with Fish & Chips RLS5.

Thank you

Neil

OC kernel :

flash the sf2 version then the TMV kernel. reported to be working well

Guest mooms

Was it choppy in HW decoding? i cant remember what has been said. I use Rockplayer V1.5.5 and have not had any issues.

No, HW decoding didn't work with any players i had tested (mx video player, mobo player and even Rockplayer lite).

Will try RLS5 and report.

Guest gabriwinter

if anyone else gettin abysmal battery life life like 1% every other minute when nothing is running?

Same problem here.

¿any ideas?

¿Could it be the power widget notification bar?

Edited by gabriwinter

Guest JCPren
flash the sf2 version then the TMV kernel. reported to be working well

Just done this. Working reasonably well, but scrolling and fading seems very jerky compared to RLS4 for the TMV.

Guest Reider59

Not positive but I 'm sure I read somewhere Twitter and some other app cause Power problems, maybe auto updating. That could be the difference, I can't stand the bladdy things and uninstalled them. My SFII was on 99% yesterday morning, its now 2:40am (over 24 hours) and its still on 91%. Granted, not done much with it cos I`ve been doing our photography group meet today, then had to make a club watermark brush, then changed everyones pics to have watermarks, added everyone elses pages that weren`t on there etc then did some work on our photographic forum.

I forgot what the bleedin phone looks like never mind use it. But if their was a problem I`m sure we'd all have the same one and I wouldn`t have lost only 99-91%=8% in over 24 hours. Charge it back to 100% and keep an eye on what you do on it after that. I believe also someone said restart the phone a couple of times after a ROM change, I know it needs to be done after a restore from Titanium Backup anyway. From that guage if it's using a lot of power. So far I still think R4 used more power than R5 here.

Edited by Reider59

Guest iharrybao

I cannot turn on the swap , the size of the swap is 0?

but I have partitioned my sd card in to FAT32, ext3(512mb) and swap(128mb)

it seems the A2SD doesn't work

Guest JohnnyZTE

Brilliant ROM never seen SFII going so fast.

One concern is the battery was %80 percent last night going to bed and at 6am this morning the battery low noise woke me instead of the alarm ohmy.gif, but I did notice WiFi was on all night, so maybe this drained it, and as mentioned the battery stats maybe have to stabilise.

But brilliant work, the powerwidgets in notification area I love.

I didnt use the swap and never have. I partitioned the SD card 1 gig and 7 gig. works well.

Cheers Raverrr

Guest fredoche

Is someone could tell me if EAP-SIM (free mobile) should work or not on FnC RLS5 SF2.

Raverrr and n4y4nrules , thanks you for this great ROM !

Guest raverrr

Is someone could tell me if EAP-SIM (free mobile) should work or not on FnC RLS5 SF2.

Raverrr and n4y4nrules , thanks you for this great ROM !

I added the apn for free mobile. So should work. If you use free please report if its working or not.

Thanks

Guest raverrr

I cannot turn on the swap , the size of the swap is 0?

but I have partitioned my sd card in to FAT32, ext3(512mb) and swap(128mb)

it seems the A2SD doesn't work

I can't help you with a2sd unfortunately. I've never used it. It is enabled tho. But you are making me doubt it now lol. I will report back this evening.

Guest raverrr

Not positive but I 'm sure I read somewhere Twitter and some other app cause Power problems, maybe auto updating. That could be the difference, I can't stand the bladdy things and uninstalled them. My SFII was on 99% yesterday morning, its now 2:40am (over 24 hours) and its still on 91%. Granted, not done much with it cos I`ve been doing our photography group meet today, then had to make a club watermark brush, then changed everyones pics to have watermarks, added everyone elses pages that weren`t on there etc then did some work on our photographic forum.

I forgot what the bleedin phone looks like never mind use it. But if their was a problem I`m sure we'd all have the same one and I wouldn`t have lost only 99-91%=8% in over 24 hours. Charge it back to 100% and keep an eye on what you do on it after that. I believe also someone said restart the phone a couple of times after a ROM change, I know it needs to be done after a restore from Titanium Backup anyway. From that guage if it's using a lot of power. So far I still think R4 used more power than R5 here.

I will see what kind of battery saving tweaks I can add in the next release. Meanwhile for those of you who use social networking apps such a Facebook and twitter I suggest using droidwall to stop them constantly refreshing and draining battery. Facebook used to be a killer on battery life.

Guest Reider59

Ever since R4 I think, maybe R3 I`ve been mystified how a2SD works. When I use Titanium Backup to restore after a ROM change the phone runs out of space. It seems A2SD doesn`t start moving stuff to the SD card. Now its been confirmed by the comments here. But in the meantime I long since put APP2SD on the phone as a free App, I`ve been using that successfully for a long time and it works to an EXT2 partition on the SD Card. Its also FREE, you see all your possible app movers in it, click on them and select "move to SD Card". Job sorted and home in time for cucumber butties, did I mention it's FREE?......

Go look at APP2SD

Edited by Reider59

Guest iharrybao

I can't help you with a2sd unfortunately. I've never used it. It is enabled tho. But you are making me doubt it now lol. I will report back this evening.

thx!

and another problem, about the network mode

you can see the image

post-973697-0-79214700-1333447046_thumb.

I can't find the GSM only ??

Guest fredoche

thx!

and another problem, about the network mode

you can see the image

post-973697-0-79214700-1333447046_thumb.

I can't find the GSM only ??

"Free mobile" having only 3G licence, so the original rom for BLADE S (sell by FreeMobile) are customized fo 3G. FnC 4 & 5 are based on This rom.