[ROM] <<< Fish'N'Chips 7 >>> [2.3.5]

Guest raverrr

Guest windy_miller

For all those having battery problems, try turning overclocking off. Worked for me on FnC release 4 anyway.

Edited by windy_miller

Guest Josef Prusa

"Free mobile" having only 3G licence, so the original rom for BLADE S (sell by FreeMobile) are customized fo 3G. FnC 4 & 5 are based on This rom.

That might be a problem - I use to switch to GSM-only mode for better battery life in areas with bad 3G coverage. Any way to get this option back?

Guest fr0do

On RLS4 on my TMV I never turn off wifi and have mine permanantly overclocked to 940. I run twitter and facebook too plus notifications.. Yesterday night without much use during the day I was down to 90%.

A2SD won't create a swap file for me. Apps on SD is working fine.

Guest app10336

That might be a problem - I use to switch to GSM-only mode for better battery life in areas with bad 3G coverage. Any way to get this option back?

"Call" *983*3640# (*zte*doh+#)

App launch, go down of it, and change "GSM auto (PRL)" to "GSM only"

Edited by app10336

Guest Josef Prusa

"Call" *983*3640# (*zte*doh+#)

App launch, go down of it, and change "GSM auto (PRL)" to "GSM only"

Thanks, it worked. I would still suggest enabling the option if possible.

Guest windy_miller

On RLS4 on my TMV I never turn off wifi and have mine permanantly overclocked to 940. I run twitter and facebook too plus notifications.. Yesterday night without much use during the day I was down to 90%.

A2SD won't create a swap file for me. Apps on SD is working fine.

If you're not using the phone its fine, however I found that just browsing the interwebs for 5 minutes with overclocking enabled would cane my battery.

Guest Titas

I can't help you with a2sd unfortunately. I've never used it. It is enabled tho. But you are making me doubt it now lol. I will report back this evening.

There seems to be a lot of confusion about a2sd & apps2sd etc. Essentially Dark Tremors a2sd automatically moves apps to sd provided it's partitioned - using apps2sd in addition will duplicate the action & creates a conflict. A fuller explanation is given here albeit in relation to a different rom.

http://www.google.co...xUAyxxhQHjAKnoQ

Edited by Titas

Guest fredoche

Raverrr, the notification power widget is very usefull : it permit activate wifi, data, gps ... when you are using an application without exiting (for application exiting where you go home or go back).

Guest fredoche

I added the apn for free mobile. So should work. If you use free please report if its working or not.

Thanks

I'm not sure we speak the same thing : i am speaking of the method to connect to wifi hot spot without login and password.

Guest PsYcHoKiLLa

"I'm now using the De-Branded Rom"

It's not FnC (that screenshot is from the de-branded rom) :) I was using RLS4 and, as I mentioned to you before, I was getting really bad battery usage so I tried re-installing the de-branded orange rom to see how the battery usage would compare. It's night and day to be honest, much better. You did say you removed something from RLS3 which you thought had an effect on the battery life. Just thought some folks could try the app above on FnC to see how the battery usage is affecting deep sleep cos I'm sure that's the problem with battery life.

Edited by PsYcHoKiLLa

Guest raverrr

"I'm now using the De-Branded Rom"

It's not FnC (that screenshot is from the de-branded rom) :) I was using RLS4 and, as I mentioned to you before, I was getting really bad battery usage so I tried re-installing the de-branded orange rom to see how the battery usage would compare. It's night and day to be honest, much better. You did say you removed something from RLS3 which you thought had an effect on the battery life. Just thought some folks could try the app above on FnC to see how the battery usage is affecting deep sleep cos I'm sure that's the problem with battery life.

Ooowww... Gotcha. "as i mentioned before" is a sentence i hear a lot lol. (Very forgetfull)

Well fixed versions are uploading now. :)

Guest Dalmi

Perfect la RLS5 ! Le bug du BT c'est du passé apparemment.

Un truc qui peux me faire plaisir ce serait les icones de notifications en blancs ! :P

Guest raverrr

Perfect la RLS5 ! Le bug du BT c'est du passé apparemment.

Un truc qui peux me faire plaisir ce serait les icones de notifications en blancs ! :P

Zone anglais ici poto :) (english zone here my friend)

je suis content que vous aimez la R5. Je vien completer version 5.1 pour meilleur battery. (I am glad you like it, just finished an update)

very rough translation lol. just so you arent all in the dark ;)

Guest raverrr

Right an update is on the way:

- Fixed sleep

-wifi scan interval changed for better battery life

-widgets now grouped in menu

....and TMV version ;)

Guest PsYcHoKiLLa

Nice, I'll be one of the first to give it a go. Also not too sure about the power strip icons to be honest, they're a bit too fuzzy, is there any way we can have a go at theming them?

Guest bryfly

For those folks asking about battery drain, etc I reckon it would help raverrr out if you try CPUSpy and see how much of the time is spent in deep sleep, I'm guessing there is a problem with the rom sleeping (I mentioned this before).

post-946859-0-09777700-1333481774_thumb.

Downloaded CPUSpy as suggested and attached is a pic of my results using RLS 5, not sure if it helps or not, sorry about blurring...

Guest raverrr

Nice, I'll be one of the first to give it a go. Also not too sure about the power strip icons to be honest, they're a bit too fuzzy, is there any way we can have a go at theming them?

Ofcourse :) it is a comunity based project any input from anyone is both appreciated and necessary :) if you want to find/make some icons for the power widget feel free.

If lots off people like them i will include in FNC simples ;) any questions just ask.

Guest PsYcHoKiLLa

post-946859-0-09777700-1333481774_thumb.

Downloaded CPUSpy as suggested and attached is a pic of my results using RLS 5, not sure if it helps or not, sorry about blurring...

Hmm sleeping seems fine on yours. I take it your battery life is decent then?

Edited by PsYcHoKiLLa

Guest bryfly

Hmm sleeping seems fine on yours. I take it your battery life is decent then?

Do not make a lot of calls, mainly texts and emails, but battery will last 2 days between charges, for interest I have plotted on a graph the hourly discharge rate on RLS 4, i am currently doing RLS 5 to compare.........I do switch the phone off at night thou till the next morning, in the switched off state my battery looses around 4% the first night and 9% the second night.

Edited by bryfly

Guest Reider59

Just puhleeese make it clear which is the Data one. I took out the sim card while I changed ROM, turned Data off on first boot. Put the card back in, restarted and thought mmm what does this icon do? D`oh! 02 got me for another £1 lol

Guest PsYcHoKiLLa

You can turn data transfer off in your settings (Settings>Mobile Networks>Data Enabled>Untick). Then you should only be transferring over wireless :)

Guest Reider59

You can turn data transfer off in your settings (Settings>Mobile Networks>Data Enabled>Untick). Then you should only be transferring over wireless :)

Already know that and did so. I always do after a ROM change, turn it off then put the Sim Card back in so I don`t get charged. But in a D`oh moment I looked at the new icons top of the screen and thought mmm wonder what this does. click, "you have just paid £1 and will not be charged again til after midnight" or words to that effect. I wasn`t sure what the icon was, thats all..... I know now lol

Guest PsYcHoKiLLa

Already know that and did so. I always do after a ROM change, turn it off then put the Sim Card back in so I don`t get charged. But in a D`oh moment I looked at the new icons top of the screen and thought mmm wonder what this does. click, "you have just paid £1 and will not be charged again til after midnight" or words to that effect. I wasn`t sure what the icon was, thats all..... I know now lol

Yeah, I know, it's a pain. First thing I do after installing a rom is change the market (sorry Play blink.gif ) so that it only downloads through wireless.

Guest raverrr

Links up. one slight booboo...might have forgotten to change the ROM name in the build prop so although it says RLS5 it is definately 5.1 lol

@TMV users:

TheTMV version is now up. be sure to provide feedback as i do not own one. So there was no testing as such.