[ROM] <<< Fish'N'Chips 7 >>> [2.3.5]

Guest raverrr

Guest VivacityJohn

I am running Fish and Chips 6 on my SF2. It is OC/UC @ 902/122 and I am using the bbc iplayer app / flash player 10.2 downloaded from this website. The setting in iplayer is on the lowest quality. All I get is the first few seconds of any program and then it cuts out back to the iplayer menu page.

Going to the iplayer website is even worse. iplayer works just fine on my pc and my wii in the same house. I have the same results wherever I go using wi-fi. This has been the case no matter what rom I have been using.

Am getting really pissed off now and am considering getting rid of my SF2 as I want to use iplayer! I cannot see that I am doing anything wrong.

Any ideas?

raverr?

Anyone?

Are you using the iplayer app from the front screen. Its working fine on my vivacity with FnC6 at 500k

Edited by VivacityJohn

Guest Reider59

Thanks for the info on the Vivacity cam fix Dennis and frOdo. Much appreciated, I`ll go update the new links page with the info. Thanks again, I use SFII as you know but I don`t want Vivacity users left behind this stuff. Some brilliant members in this forum and lots of info shared.

Guest Titas

I can confirm Camera FX pro works fine for both camera's too

Thanks for the info on the Vivacity cam fix Dennis and frOdo. Much appreciated, I`ll go update the new links page with the info. Thanks again, I use SFII as you know but I don`t want Vivacity users left behind this stuff. Some brilliant members in this forum and lots of info shared.

Guest Reider59

I can confirm Camera FX pro works fine for both camera's too

Muchos grassy ass. Thanks, I`ll update the links posts with the details. all info is appreciated to get some parity for Vivacity users to keep them up to date with us SFII users.

Guest Titas

Hmm - it used to work fine on my TMV but now I'm getting the problem you describe. I think the player was updated recently; don't know if that broke it................anyone else tried it lately?

Edit: I see this has been posted as a separate topic

I am running Fish and Chips 6 on my SF2. It is OC/UC @ 902/122 and I am using the bbc iplayer app / flash player 10.2 downloaded from this website. The setting in iplayer is on the lowest quality. All I get is the first few seconds of any program and then it cuts out back to the iplayer menu page.

Going to the iplayer website is even worse. iplayer works just fine on my pc and my wii in the same house. I have the same results wherever I go using wi-fi. This has been the case no matter what rom I have been using.

Am getting really pissed off now and am considering getting rid of my SF2 as I want to use iplayer! I cannot see that I am doing anything wrong.

Any ideas?

raverr?

Anyone?

Edited by Titas

Guest iharrybao

I think the vivacity's camera could be solved if you change the camera.apk instead of the one in the ROM. we all know the ROM is based on Skate, the cameras are not the same. so put the camera.apk into the system/app before you flash, or you can use a file manager(ie. RE manager) to put it into /system/app. and be sure you have changed the permission before you change it.

you can see my camera is normal now.

post-973697-0-44025400-1334320703_thumb.

here's the file

http://www.mediafire...k66f7jdvj6putkg

and I forget to say that it could fix the front camera to avoid upsidedown. the back camera of vivacity is fine.

I don't know whether you could understand my words..

Edited by iharrybao

Guest raverrr

I think the vivacity's camera could be solved if you change the camera.apk instead of the one in the ROM. we all know the ROM is based I on Skate, the cameras are not the same. so put the camera.apk into the system/app before you flash, or you can use a file manager(ie. RE manager) to put it into /system/app. and be sure you have changed the permission before you change it.

you can see my camera is normal now.

post-973697-0-44025400-1334320703_thumb.

here's the file

and I forget to say that it could fix the front camera to avoid upsidedown. the back camera of vivacity is fine.

I don't know whether you could understand my words..

Seems clear enough to me apart from being based on the skate= false

Guest iharrybao

Seems clear enough to me apart from being based on the skate= false

I can't say it's your fault, but I really think it's better to do it on crescent's ROM

(I'm not blaming you :P )

Guest Dazzozo

I can't say it's your fault, but I really think it's better to do it on crescent's ROM

(I'm not blaming you :P )

He said it's not based on the Skate?

Guest seefman

Are you using the iplayer app from the front screen. Its working fine on my vivacity with FnC6 at 500k

UPDATE

(Running @ 902 MHZ)

Previously I was running the lower setting in iplayer (400 kbps) but have tried the next setting (500 kbps) and now I have been able to watch iplayer......

The only thing is it's very pixelated / 'blocky' but it's better than fork-all I suppose! Could it be that iplayer is not supporting the lower video setting any more? Maybe it's an issue with flashplayer?

Guest irishpancake

He said it's not based on the Skate?

I think there is a little misunderstanding probably, due to language....guy say's he is Chinese...needs a break....he was apologising, IMO

I think the net point is he has posted a camera.apk, which could be added to the F&C ROM, which solves the Camera problem???

Now, are there issues with this Camera App, or is it a workable solution to this problem.

If it solves the problem, then the only other issue is flashing the OC kernel separately??

Edited by irishpancake

Guest iharrybao

I think there is a little misunderstanding probably, due to language....guy say's he is Chinese...needs a break....he was apologising, IMO

I think the net point is he has posted a camera.apk, which could be added to the F&C ROM, which solves the Camera problem???

Now, are there issues with this Camera App, or is it a workable solution to this problem.

If it solves the problem, then the only other issue is flashing the OC kernel separately??

Yes, I mean put this apk into ROM can solve the problem which made the vivacity's front camera upside down

I don't think there's anything wrong with the oc kernel

so why is the vivacity's front camera upside down?

I think is the camera.apk! The apk in this ROM is skate's, maybe it's not compatible.

so I picked up the camera.apk from the vivacity's ROM, and it works!

Edited by iharrybao

Guest raverrr

Wasn't trying to be arsy in the slightest. Due to being unable to test I don't support the tmv anymore. If someone wants to make these changes and post it they are more than welcome I well help if necessary.

Guest irishpancake

Wasn't trying to be arsy in the slightest. Due to being unable to test I don't support the tmv anymore. If someone wants to make these changes and post it they are more than welcome I well help if necessary.

I know....

I am still waiting for my [sorry....the wife's] TMV in the post...looks like everything will be solved before it arrives!!!

Thanks for your support and hard work smile.gif...

also on the good olde Blade/OSF 1.........

F&C still resides on the one I gave my son last Christmas.......bloody great ROM !!!!

Guest JohnnyZTE

Found two possible bugs for you to think about, on RLS6 F'n'C

No1................SMS, you cannot download a MMS picture, I have checked APN settings and all seems to be correct, Im using 3uk.

No 2..............When in contacts today I tried to SMS a freind a contact, after clicking the contact, hit menu and click send contact by SMS, the phone simply does nothing.

Any Ideas smile.gif

Guest raverrr

Found two possible bugs for you to think about, on RLS6 F'n'C

No1................SMS, you cannot download a MMS picture, I have checked APN settings and all seems to be correct, Im using 3uk.

No 2..............When in contacts today I tried to SMS a freind a contact, after clicking the contact, hit menu and click send contact by SMS, the phone simply does nothing.

Any Ideas smile.gif

Just tried the sending contact and got a fc. nice spot. Will try mms to. More than likely a compatibility issue with the cyanogen messaging app.

Guest raverrr

I know....

I am still waiting for my [sorry....the wife's] TMV in the post...looks like everything will be solved before it arrives!!!

Thanks for your support and hard work smile.gif...

also on the good olde Blade/OSF 1.........

F&C still resides on the one I gave my son last. Christmas.......bloody great ROM !!!!

Just face it, it's your TMV. she isn't going to get near it lol. nice to see the first FNC still in use .:)

Guest Josef Prusa

Just tried the sending contact and got a fc. nice spot. Will try mms to. More than likely a compatibility issue with the cyanogen messaging app.

I send quite a few SMS on my TMV without any problem. But I use the Contapps' contacts & phone app for it. So as a temporary fix - using a third-party SMS app could help.

Guest rocker1234

Ive flashed my phone to RLS6.

I have applied this TPT as well.

Option 4: 200MB system, 40MB cache, 200MB data

MD5sum: d86a00f74342565790ddba062533873d

Plus now re partitioned my SD card with 512 MB

As per A2SDGUI:

Internal Memory: 200MB

SD-EXT456MB

/Cache 40MB

RAM 431MB

Have i partitioned it correctly ?

Edited by rocker1234

Guest VivacityJohn

I can confirm that on the TMV, replacing camera.apk with Iharrybao's vivacity version cures the front upside down camera problem. Many thanks mate!

(you need to replace the existing one in system/app - I deleted it first then copied the new version over)

Edited by VivacityJohn

Guest darren watson53

Can someone tell me if partitioning the sf2 affects performance at all, or is it just app space, cos if its only app space I don't think I'll bother as I don't have that many anyway? (Also, my sd card is 8 gig but the phone thinks its 1.69 gig when I check the storage settings, even though there's probably more than 2 gigs worth of stuff on it!?)

Cheers, Darren.

Edited by darren watson53

Guest JohnnyZTE

I think its only to give you loads of room for Apps, I hate the memory low message when I'm downloading a 25meg app (angry birds) that can clean all of it during installation.

I think its worth it.

Dont think it helps in performance though.

Guest domenico lamberti

hey FuzzRa which build has the Walkman.apk instead of music i am customising a ROM and prefer Walkman to the standard android music player

Guest raverrr

hey FuzzRa which build has the Walkman.apk instead of music i am customising a ROM and prefer Walkman to the standard android music player

its Raverrr :) and if you download RLS4 i think its in there. or RLS5 cant remember