[ROM] <<< Fish'N'Chips 7 >>> [2.3.5]

Guest raverrr

Guest iharrybao

raverrr

I found that when you use this feature "Theme revised (some graphics pinched from ICS)"(or maybe sth. else)

I think the speed of the Window pops up is slowed down, have you noticed that?

could you fix it?

many thanks!

Guest mooms

I solved my problem.

It works on rls5 so I extract the "GoogleQuickSearchBox.apk" and "Browser.apk" from rls5's image,

I push both file into rls6 with command ( adb )

---

sysrw

adb push GoogleQuickSearchBox.apk /system/app

adb push Browser.apkSupprimmer /system/app

sync

sysro

I hosted files in my website :

http://kiki67100.fre...ckSearchBox.apk

http://kiki67100.fre...ead/Browser.apk

And its works ! ;)

Thanks for your reply !

Sorry for english's mistakes but I'm a french

There is exists a simply way to add search engine in Browser.apk without decompile apk and recompile Browser.apk ?

I'm not familiar with adb,tried to use it and i have this type of error:

I:\Windows>adb push GoogleQuickSearchBox.apk /system/app

failed to copy 'GoogleQuickSearchBox.apk' to '/system/app/GoogleQuickSearchBox.apk': Read-only file system

is this possible to use an other method to install these apk ?

but i like google black :(

DSP manager should work just fine. in order to hear a clear difference though the handsets speaker set it to extreme. Fine tuning in DSP is

pointless unless you use good earphones or play it though a decent sound system. The crescents speaker isn't very good.

I'll have a think about google black.

Maybe you could add it as a an addon ?

Edited by mooms

Guest windy_miller

This should remove all ICS checkbox icons and revert to the stock ones.

http://www.mediafire...1d3xo4d02a1cd0t

Thanks raverrr, however it looks like this only changes the check boxes, not the radio buttons. It would be much appreciated if you could do a zip to fix those too :D. The stock ones are much easier to see that the ICS ones.

Also, is it possible to temporarily disable the hardware acceleration (e.g. using the props file)? I have noticed that my battery life when the screen is on is abysmal, e.g. ~1 hour of web browsing on the train the morning used 50% of my battery. I am wondering if the GPU acceleration is to blame?

Guest kiki67100

Mooms :

You need to do this command

sysrw

Before replace apk this command allow to modify file system like apk without this you dont replace apk.

Of course you can do this without adb you can get files with wget these commands seems something like that (i writing in mobile sorry ) is

Make theses commands from terminale emulator :

sysrw

wget http://kiki67100.fre...ckSearchBox.apk

wget http://kiki67100.fre...ead/Browser.apk

mv Browser.apk /system/app

mv GoogleQuickSearchBox.apk /system/app

sync

sysro

Put the full url of course.

EDIT : Add full url ( wget )

Edited by kiki67100

Guest raverrr

Thanks raverrr, however it looks like this only changes the check boxes, not the radio buttons. It would be much appreciated if you could do a zip to fix those too :D. The stock ones are much easier to see that the ICS ones.

Also, is it possible to temporarily disable the hardware acceleration (e.g. using the props file)? I have noticed that my battery life when the screen is on is abysmal, e.g. ~1 hour of web browsing on the train the morning used 50% of my battery. I am wondering if the GPU acceleration is to blame?

naaaarr. This isnt the problem or you wouldn't be the only user to report it ;)

I use my phone for browsing all the time and dont have this problen. my guess :You have other apps trying to connect to the internet when it is enabled by yourself to browse.

Try the app "droidwall" and set up some rules for your apps.

Guest raverrr

Or, you could drag and drop them yourself from an earlier version of FNC. (System/framework-res.apk/drawable/drawable-HDPI) voila. Jobs a carrot :)

Guest raverrr

Hi lads....just a query regarding the memory, or lack of it, on the Crescent/TMV.....

There appears to be huge system partition on this ROM, and rather than mess around with TPT Partitioning I have used this Apps2ROM App

It worked out OK, moved loads of Apps into system, one problem App was Viber, which didn't like being moved at all.......

something happened, don't think it actually moved at all...

anyway, it's back as a user app on phone memory....

others which didn't like being moved were Stability Test and Screenshot......

both back on SD Card using Native Android GB App2SD.

I have filled the /system/apps now, to about 170MB out of 200MB leaving 29MB spare for bigger update files.

Anyone know of a key combo to do screen capture on TMV??

Like on my Samsung, Home/Power combo will give screen cap!! .png files in mnt/sdcard/ScreenCapture folder

The partition sizes are not ROM specific.

I wouldn't advise using apps to system because you will have apps failing to update etc...

I used the "c" option in Amphoras's TPT helper. Leaving it a bit tight on system ROM space but leaving oodles of space for apps :) (i would advise this)

Guest CurtisAndroidSF2

Would it be possible to flash themes onto our devices? Or maybe include something like 'Theme Chooser' from CM into FnC?

Thanks

Guest raverrr

Would it be possible to flash themes onto our devices? Or maybe include something like 'Theme Chooser' from CM into FnC?

Thanks

Porting theme chooser can't be done unfortunately. its been tried before. It is possible to flash themes and I could knock some up. I've been meaning to but its quite time consuming. With release 7 I will release some themes to.

Guest mooms

Mooms :

You need make to do command

sysrw

Before replace apk this command allow to modify file system like apk without this you dont replace apk.

Of course you can do this without adb you can get file with wget thé commande seems something like that (i writing in mobile sorry )

Make thèses commands from terminale emulator :

sysrw

wget kiki67..../Brosser.apk

wget kiki67....apk

mv Quick*.apk /system/app

sync

sysro

ok, i had used terminal emulator to enter the command sysrw (and sysro at the end) and the command adb push Browser.apk /system/app worked this time.

Google search widget and french results in system browser are back !

Guest irishpancake
Mooms :

You need make to do command

sysrw

Of course you can do this without adb you can get file with wget thé commande seems something like that (i writing in mobile sorry )

Make thèses commands from terminale emulator :

sysrw

wget kiki67..../Brosser.apk

wget kiki67....apk

mv Quick*.apk /system/app

sync

sysro

You could also use Root Explorer, like ES, and back up the existing Apks....check permissions first and remember...

enable r/w in /system....

then just copy and paste the above apks....replacing/overwriting the current apks.....make permissions same as the originals.....reboot!!!

Guest irishpancake

The partition sizes are not ROM specific.

I wouldn't advise using apps to system because you will have apps failing to update etc...

I used the "c" option in Amphoras's TPT helper. Leaving it a bit tight on system ROM space but leaving oodles of space for apps :) (i would advise this)

Thanx raverrr.....

I was really thinking of keeping Stock Partition size for CM9....

You need a 200MB system partition minimum for this ROM (160MB without Google apps). Stock partition layout preferred.

I don't think Play updates is a problem....it is considered in the App...AFAIK.

Guest irishpancake

You could also use Root Explorer, like ES, and back up the existing Apks....check permissions first and remember...

enable r/w in /system/app....

then just copy and paste the above apks....replacing/overwriting the current apks.....make permissions same as the originals.....reboot!!!

Guest mooms

enable r/w in /system....

Thank you, but Root Explorer is not free if i'm not mistaken.

Anyway it works now.

Edited by mooms

Guest CurtisAndroidSF2

Porting theme chooser can't be done unfortunately. its been tried before. It is possible to flash themes and I could knock some up. I've been meaning to but its quite time consuming. With release 7 I will release some themes to.

Ah I see, that sounds excellent, thanks for the quick reply and for all your support, we all appreciate it!

Guest kiki67100

ok, i had used terminal emulator to enter the command sysrw (and sysro at the end) and the command adb push Browser.apk /system/app worked this time.

Google search widget and french results in system browser are back !

Yeahh :)

Happy to help you.

Are you french too ? Are you register in FrAndroid French community ?

Back to mp to reply for doesn't pollute this thread x)

Guest irishpancake

Hi mooms

I did not say Root Explorer was free...I really suggested ES, as you can see:

ES File Manager is free, and has Root Explorer function, as seen in pic from ES settings...

post-852763-133521574083_thumb.png

It is just another option for users not comfortable with adb.

Glad you are sorted...OK

Edited by irishpancake

Guest snowbord

Totally with you here.  These UI elements are too dark, as are the buttons themselves.  Otherwise, cracking ROM! 

Edited by snowbord

Guest raverrr

Update:

-Got some themes ready for Fish'N'Chips 7 (Mashup theme and still working on a "french blue/honeycomb one)

-Host file updated to remove ads

-Thinking of a change of launcher (open to suggestions)

-More apps will be removed and added as optional add ons

-Looking into a simple app so themes and add ons can be downloaded to the sd card directly.

The rest is still in the mix.

Guest JohnnyZTE

Just for your Info guys,

I had to repair my sisters white Blade II last Saturday, she lives over in Donegal and my Sister says as soon as she get the phone it shits its self, So I have installed RLS6 and all her apps and tried it extensively. Working perfect on RLS6.

I take the piss not when I say the phone is at 35% charge and has not been charged since Saturday, today its Thursday. I don't think I've ever seen a phone last so long with out the need for a charge. Maybe the old Nokia mobiles lasted that long but nothing since.

Cant find the smiles right now with this new layout so I wont bother.

Guest raverrr

Just for your Info guys,

I had to repair my sisters white Blade II last Saturday, she lives over in Donegal and my Sister says as soon as she get the phone it shits its self, So I have installed RLS6 and all her apps and tried it extensively. Working perfect on RLS6.

I take the piss not when I say the phone is at 35% charge and has not been charged since Saturday, today its Thursday. I don't think I've ever seen a phone last so long with out the need for a charge. Maybe the old Nokia mobiles lasted that long but nothing since.

Cant find the smiles right now with this new layout so I wont bother.

WOW surely the phone has hardly been touched. I get the usual one day of use. Down to about 30% when i get in bed then charge it overnight anyway.

Guest CurtisAndroidSF2

I vote for GoLauncher- it's my personal favourite, smooth (I think it runs much better than ADW in my opinion) and has plenty of customization.

Any chance on a ICS style theme or something minimalistic and simple?

Thanks for the update on RLS7! Looking forward to it.

Guest raverrr

I vote for GoLauncher- it's my personal favourite, smooth (I think it runs much better than ADW in my opinion) and has plenty of customization.

Any chance on a ICS style theme or something minimalistic and simple?

Thanks for the update on RLS7! Looking forward to it.

just tried go launcher for the first time.....ewwwww! Nothing i hate more than having ads for downloadable cotent shoved down my throat. I know 10 million ppl would probably dissagree but...no.

As far as themes are concerned I'm going to do as many as i can within reason.

A nice ICS theme would be nice tho :)

Guest CurtisAndroidSF2

Ah well, just choose a nice, smooth launcher which has a nice amount of customization and I'll be happy!

Also, I'm not bad when it comes to Photoshop and Illustrator so is there any way in which I could help with the themes, if so can you link me to some form of tutorial and I'll kill some time.