Strange line on screen please give advise

Guest remiGOD

Guest remiGOD

A strange white line /scratch/crack apeared inside my phones LCD. I can confirm the phone was never damaged, it is almost new.

The line is only visible on black or gray backgrounds. It looks likethe is no colour generated on that area.

please help with some advice on what it can be.

post-947846-0-36924300-1325460482_thumb.

Guest drewcubus

I have a similar line on my screen. It is almost in the same place as your too... weird.

I have no idea what to do, so I will wait and see if anyone else has a fix.

Guest remiGOD

I will also go to a repair man to ask him about it. I can't understand why and when it apeared.

It seems to be smaller if the screen is off and getting to about 1cm long as i use the phone (a thick center with ramifications up and down). And it is totaly invisible in white background

Guest remiGOD

No warranty here... :(( i bought off a site like ebay (a romanian version). It was almost new, but i didn't get any papers for it. So my only option is to ask people for an answer.

Guest CursedBat

A strange white line /scratch/crack apeared inside my phones LCD. I can confirm the phone was never damaged, it is almost new.

The line is only visible on black or gray backgrounds. It looks likethe is no colour generated on that area.

please help with some advice on what it can be.

It seems like I'm having that problem too, I am unable to find a solution for that problem yet. Try contacting HTC?

Guest ChristoIsChristo

Because i don't have any papers for the phone, i can't connect any official service (like HTC's service in Romania).

Regardless of when/how you bought it, if the phone's less than a year old, it's under warranty... And seeing as how the phone debut was less than a year ago, you're good to go.

Caveat: If it's reported stolen, or has damage (liquid stickers, etc), all bets are off.

Guest remiGOD

Don't think it was stolen. Who steals the box and all the accesories? :) I don't care really... i gave 350$ for it (in romanian currency). Regardless, i must send it to another city, wait 30 days (law in Romania) and I am really eager to test Trips future ICS Roms.

I still hope it is a software problem, since i am not the only one with the weird "crack" in the middle of the screen. How can something just brake wihtout doing anything???? :((

• 2 weeks later...
Guest CursedBat

Honestly I don't think It's the software's problem. I've flashed ArHD, Virtuous, TripNMIUI, TripNNice, all came up with the same line, It appears to be a hardware problem, either it could be caused by pressure on the screen causing it to crack, or the connector is loose in some way. Either way, I cant catch the main culprit for this problem..