Quickest route to a new Rom

Guest cartierv

Guest cartierv

I's been about year since I was tinkering around here, although I did post a question some months back.

I've still got Jap JellyFish 7 or something.

I've got a GEN 1 Phone (Orange San Fran), I checked it with that pigfish thing. First of all I need to make it into a GEN 2 phone.

I have Clockwork installed from back then.

What's the quickest way to do that first ?

Afterwards I want to install a new GEN 2 Rom, like this Fish and Chips I like the look of, some of the info seems to have been deleted from here in places.

There seems to be fragmented bunches of different apps on different sites, but if there's one true path that every uses can you point me there ?

Also is this ZTE REcovery manager now necessary ? I don't remember it a year ago.

thanks

Guest mankulito2

PLEASE HELP!! I have a Gen1 Amoled Zte Blade with flb froyo rom. I cannot install cm 7 roms and convert to gen 2. Clockwork mod 3.0.0.6 shows me: installation aborted :( Do u know why?  

Guest KonstaT

That is seriously outdated and can not be recommended to anyone!

Thread for gen1->gen2 TPT install can be found here. Choose 'CM Nightly 257 Version (Upgrades from Gen1 to Gen2 & installs latest CyanogenMod nightly build - all in one)'.

It is recommended to update to gen2 but there are also some gingerbread ROMs that work also in gen1 devices like this one. There is also an all-in-one TPT installation option available.

PLEASE HELP!! I have a Gen1 Amoled Zte Blade with flb froyo rom. I cannot install cm 7 roms and convert to gen 2. Clockwork mod 3.0.0.6 shows me: installation aborted :( Do u know why?  

TPT is not installed through clockworkmod. Read the instructions.

Guest fallenangel32

CM 7.02stable

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=HN8RB19V

MD5: bf7e461900b4785104a174697f8dd0bd

cm7.1-blade-gen1-to-gen2-tpt.zip

http://filetram.com/...o-gen2-tpt-zip?

AFTER FLASHING THIS TPT YOU CAN ONLY APPLY GEN2 ROMS like

"BLADE MIX 360/365"

CM9(BETA5)

Fish n chips

NEGARAKU(GEN1/GEN2)

Monte Ericsson

MMHMP(has also a tpt method)

Download and extract the zip file to your SD-Card of the ZTE Blade so you can see a folder "image" on the SD-Card.

Shut down your phone

Switch phone on with voulme up key pressed. you see some green writing. dont switch your phone off

After 1-2 minutes your phone will reboot into CM7!

On some models of the Blade try holding menu + volume up + power

reboot in cm7 and now just put a gen2 rom in sd and install it with recovery

Edited by fallenangel32

Guest cartierv

Alright thanks Guys. Hope this works ok. I will start with CM then first. Fish and Chips looked good, it looked very fast from the demo.

Do I still need ZTE REcovery manager ?

Guest cartierv

Also if I want to back up in an easy fashion beforehand, I don't know what to use anymore. Titanium Back up stopped working for me about 8 months ago. It just hangs when trying to back up. Any other alternatives ?

Guest Andy58

Also if I want to back up in an easy fashion beforehand, I don't know what to use anymore. Titanium Back up stopped working for me about 8 months ago. It just hangs when trying to back up. Any other alternatives ?

Try MyBackup Root free from the market, it's what I use.

Guest cartierv

Ok got GEN2+ CM on there now. Crickey it's slow, must be cause I'm used to Lanucher Pro and stuff. Okay so I want to put Fish and Chips on now.

This needs Clockwork from what I can read on its first page ? Have I still got Clockwork on here, or did GEN2+CM7 zap it ?