Don't understand instructions to install STABLE CyanogenMod-7

Guest Mebster

Guest Mebster

I updated to updated to cm7 using http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1258855. However I am noticing loads of issues, one being the screen goes blank and i need to take the battery out to restart the phone. I thought I'd try this apparent STABLE version CyanogenMod-7 for ZTE Blade/San Francisco :: V7.1.0-RC1. I don't know if it's actually any better but I need to try something.

But I don't understand instructions (2), 3,4 and 5.

1. Perform a NANDroid backup of your current ROM. (I don't know if i need to do this one,,,)
  2. Format the system, data & cache partitions of your device (how do you do this?)
  3. Perform a factory reset. (same with this)
  4. Flash CyanogenMod. (do I hold down power + menu + minus volume to do this like before?)

If someone does understand the steps, can you please explain where exactly I find these options (i.e. where do I go to to format the system, data and cache partitions, etc...)

Many Thanks

Guest fallenangel32

i thing you are in gen1 and want to make your phone gen2 and install cm7.am i right???is so then look here

http://android.modac...ost__p__1877056

""Perform a NANDroid backup of your current ROM""

install rom manager from market open the app,connect to internet and press "flash clockwork recovery"from the rom manager then a new window appears and select zte blade,wait to download the file and when the superuser windo appears press allow,then with the same app find the "backup current rom"...and backup your rom

""Format the system, data & cache partitions of your device ""

when you do the previus step every time that your phone is closed and open it win ""holding the - button of sound and the shutdown button you will see a menu called "recovery"

in this menu there are the option of wipe cache,data etc

Edited by fallenangel32

Guest Amphoras

You do all of them from ClockworkMod recovery, so you need to boot into that first.

Edit: if you mean the screen is staying blank after calls, then you just need to calibrate the proximity sensor.

Edited by Amphoras

Guest t0mm13b

<<begin snip>>

install rom manager from market open the app...

<<end snip>>

Don't bother with rom manager, better to just TPT the whole thing instead, Gen1 to Gen2 upgrade, with CWM installed... :)

AFAIK, there's a TPT with the CM as part of it... cannot remember...

Guest cartierv

This is what I just installed. Yeah it's not stable by the looks of it. If you hit 'reboot' the phone freezes while rebooting, and I had to pull the battery and reboot from the button, then it's ok again. I don't know why.

I thought (imagined) this all-in-one approach wiped all the caches and stuff automatically first ?