CM7.1 unusable - help

Guest dopamine1

Guest dopamine1

Hi all

I'm currently running on stable release cm7. I having the following issues:Phone signal frequently droppingBrowser force closes every 5 minutes or soCall quality poor at other end when I make a call

It's got to the point where I feel like going back to stock. Can anyone advise? Btw I'm on baseband version 1035.21_20110725' kernel 2.6.32.45-cyanogenmod rmcc@giskard#1. Alternatively I could try Paul's custom rom - have these issues come up for anyone using it?

Guest mankian

im guessing your on vodafone too?

first you need to make sure the 0725 baseband your using is the Froyo varient not the gingerbread one.

then, install cyanogenmod nightly 204. the stable 7.1 has a bug that if your on vodafone, browser and many other apps will force close/crash.

finally, using "getril" by sibber (from android market) make sure you get the 0725 v10d europe/v10e asia RIL.... then you should be sorted!

Guest dopamine1
1325600953' post=1877667']

im guessing your on vodafone too?

first you need to make sure the 0725 baseband your using is the Froyo varient not the gingerbread one.

then, install cyanogenmod nightly 204. the stable 7.1 has a bug that if your on vodafone, browser and many other apps will force close/crash.

finally, using "getril" by sibber (from android market) make sure you get the 0725 v10d europe/v10e asia RIL.... then you should be sorted!

Thanks for the reply mate. I'm on orange but I'll do the baseband update you suggest. I'm worried that moving to a nightly build will just cause me more grief though - although will give it a pop.

Guest Anil K Solanki

Thanks for the reply mate. I'm on orange but I'll do the baseband update you suggest. I'm worried that moving to a nightly build will just cause me more grief though - although will give it a pop.

Hi dopamine1, CM nightlies are nothing to be afraid of. They are simply bug fixes and ROM tweaks, that are collated until another stable release is deemed sufficient for the "masses".

Get the latest nightly from here http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1421425

This is simply a "kang", a nightly compiled by a forum member because the CyanogenMod dev's are no longer providing autobot compiled nightlies.

Post back if you have questions or need assistance. Have fun. Anil

Guest Anil K Solanki

Anil, do you know why CM devs are no longer doing nightlies (automatically) and if it will ever come back??

Cheers!

Hi mankian, the devs are no longer producing nightlies because,

"CyanogenMod 7 Nightly Builds

As most of you are aware, CM7 nightly builds have been down for about a month now. This originally stemmed from some hardware issues, which have been resolved. I've just made the decision (with some +1s from other CM maintainers) to keep the nightly builds down until we are ready to start doing CM9 builds.

There is still some occasional progress made on CM7, however for the most part maintainers are working on CM9 exclusively. It isn't worth the time to revive the build cluster to a state in which it can build CM7, just to redo all of the work when we're ready for CM9."

The above quote is from a member of the CM7 dev team, made on the 15th of Dec, via Google+.

Temasek is doing a fine job compiling the builds, now that the build bot servers are allocated elsewhere. But to be perfectly honest, the latest nightlies are very minor tweaks. I don't believe any major bugs are outstanding. So be happy happy until in a few months we get CM9, aka Ice Cream Sandwich (ICS). Which is perfect timing, here in Italy, we eat ice cream in the summer!

If you are itching for a software fix/tweak, perhaps consider trying out this ICS theme for CM7, the dev has done a very thorough job, not 100%, but 99% aint bad at all. Simply download it and then use the built in app "Theme Chooser" to use it.

Market Link

Have fun. Anil