advent vega driver issues

Guest csmcpb

Guest csmcpb

i tried installing vc 3.2 9n on cwm from a zip file but i accidently installed the update 3 instead of the full version!! i know should concentrate more!! now when i boot up the vega it go to a screen which says" vegacomb is free software and you have been ripped off if you have paid" and it hangs on this screen, windows 7 64bit will recognise the device but the drivers will fail to install it say mtp or mpt( one of those two lol) failed to find drivers. I have searched loads of forums but cannot find a fix! Is it time to give up on my poor lil vega???

Guest Andy_E
i tried installing vc 3.2 9n on cwm from a zip file but i accidently installed the update 3 instead of the full version!! i know should concentrate more!! now when i boot up the vega it go to a screen which says" vegacomb is free software and you have been ripped off if you have paid" and it hangs on this screen, windows 7 64bit will recognise the device but the drivers will fail to install it say mtp or mpt( one of those two lol) failed to find drivers. I have searched loads of forums but cannot find a fix! Is it time to give up on my poor lil vega???

I'm afraid you're going to have to do an NVFLASH i.e. start again from scratch - unless you've got a full backup...

Guest csmcpb

i have tried that but the 4 or 5 computers i have tried to do a nvflash recovery on will not recognise the vega because of the drivers that are installed but when i try to install the original drivers manually it fails. i did have a few backups on cwm but cant get onto that to restore the backups! am pulling my hair out!! lol

Guest GedBlake

Hi, csmcpb...

I wouldn't give up on the Vega yet; the common consensus is that it is 'unbrickable'... and I am inclined to agree...

Here is my guide on how to nvFLASH any nvFLASHABLE ROM (including STOCK or MODDED STOCK)

The official Advent Vega STOCK ROM is available here http://www.myadventvega.co.uk

(This ROM will restore your Vega back to it's original FACTORY GATE condition)

MODDED STOCK ROM V2 is available from here http://www.multiupload.com/CI2NZASSJ9

(Needed to RESECT the SYSTEM/DATA PARTITIONS in preparation for ClockWorkMod FLASHING VegaComb)

Now to begin...

If you haven't already done so, you will need to download the Windows USB System driver (availble here http://www.myadventvega.co.uk )

Download and extract it a folder on your PC (eg. C:/ADVENT)

Connect your Vega to your PC, via a USB cable.

Connect your Vega to the mains, via the charger. (nvFLASH requires a mains power connection - this is often forgotten, and it's quite possible it's where you're going wrong.)

On the Vega, effect a FORCED POWERDOWN by long pressing (6 seconds) the POWERBUTTON.

Now to enter nvFLASH RECOVERY MODE...

Press and hold the BACKBUTTON for 2 seconds

Still holding the BACKBUTTON, press the POWERBUTTON for 2 seconds

...and release...

But continue to hold the BACKBUTTON for a further 2 seconds

...and release...

Upon succesfull completion of this key press sequence, your PC will either...

...direct you to install the USB System driver (in which case, point it to the folder as detailed above, where you extracted the Windows USB System driver)

...or it will 'ping' the 'found new hardware' sound.

Now, on your PC, you can double click the the ROM of your choice.

This will begin the nvFLASH process, and will place your Vega into nvFLASH RECOVERY MODE... DO NOT DISCONNECT OR POWER ANYTHING DOWN DURING THIS PROCESS...

...it should take no more than a minute or so to complete...

Good luck.

GED.

EDIT - Ahh, apologies - just re-read your post; you're using 64bit Windows 7, which is a bit too esoteric for me. If you can find a Windows XP box, then my guide should work... indeed, has worked...

Apologies again - but your Vega isn't stuffed - it's just a Microsoft issue!

Edited by GedBlake

Guest Andy_E
i have tried that but the 4 or 5 computers i have tried to do a nvflash recovery on will not recognise the vega because of the drivers that are installed but when i try to install the original drivers manually it fails. i did have a few backups on cwm but cant get onto that to restore the backups! am pulling my hair out!! lol

Try using AUDI to remove any existing drivers. It comes wth VegaTools or in a separate download. Both links are available from the VegaComb thread on Tabletroms.

BTW I'm on Windows 7 64-bit and have had no driver problems to-date

Guest csmcpb

Hi, csmcpb...

I wouldn't give up on the Vega yet; the common consensus is that it is 'unbrickable'... and I am inclined to agree...

Here is my guide on how to nvFLASH any nvFLASHABLE ROM (including STOCK or MODDED STOCK)

The official Advent Vega STOCK ROM is available here http://www.myadventvega.co.uk

(This ROM will restore your Vega back to it's original FACTORY GATE condition)

MODDED STOCK ROM V2 is available from here http://www.multiupload.com/CI2NZASSJ9

(Needed to RESECT the SYSTEM/DATA PARTITIONS in preparation for ClockWorkMod FLASHING VegaComb)

Now to begin...

If you haven't already done so, you will need to download the Windows USB System driver (availble here http://www.myadventvega.co.uk )

Download and extract it a folder on your PC (eg. C:/ADVENT)

Connect your Vega to your PC, via a USB cable.

Connect your Vega to the mains, via the charger. (nvFLASH requires a mains power connection - this is often forgotten, and it's quite possible it's where you're going wrong.)

On the Vega, effect a FORCED POWERDOWN by long pressing (6 seconds) the POWERBUTTON.

Now to enter nvFLASH RECOVERY MODE...

Press and hold the BACKBUTTON for 2 seconds

Still holding the BACKBUTTON, press the POWERBUTTON for 2 seconds

...and release...

But continue to hold the BACKBUTTON for a further 2 seconds

...and release...

Upon succesfull completion of this key press sequence, your PC will either...

...direct you to install the USB System driver (in which case, point it to the folder as detailed above, where you extracted the Windows USB System driver)

...or it will 'ping' the 'found new hardware' sound.

Now, on your PC, you can double click the the ROM of your choice.

This will begin the nvFLASH process, and will place your Vega into nvFLASH RECOVERY MODE... DO NOT DISCONNECT OR POWER ANYTHING DOWN DURING THIS PROCESS...

...it should take no more than a minute or so to complete...

Good luck.

GED.

EDIT - Ahh, apologies - just re-read your post; you're using 64bit Windows 7, which is a bit too esoteric for me. If you can find a Windows XP box, then my guide should work... indeed, has worked...

Apologies again - but your Vega isn't stuffed - it's just a Microsoft issue!

Thanks for the reply, have downloaded all these files before as have flashed customs on my vega a few times and also managed to get it into recovery mode plenty of times before but on this occasion it will just not go into recovery and im guessing this is due to the wrong drivers bring installed on the vega, I have tried to install new drivers with the Audi tool but this fails and have tried to get into recovery using a mac, windows xp and windows 7 but none of them recognise the vega until it switches on and boots into the "vega is free software" screen and just hangs. The drivers are mpt drivers that windows fail to install when the vega is plugged in. Hope that makes sense cos not sure if it makes sense to me lol

Guest csmcpb

Try using AUDI to remove any existing drivers. It comes wth VegaTools or in a separate download. Both links are available from the VegaComb thread on Tabletroms.

BTW I'm on Windows 7 64-bit and have had no driver problems to-date

I have tried Audi but it fails to overwrite the excisting drivers! Don't think this is a simple fix lol

Guest Andy_E

I have tried Audi but it fails to overwrite the excisting drivers! Don't think this is a simple fix lol

Make sure you right-click on the audi.exe and choose "Run as administrator" before trying the "Part B. Delete all Vega drivers".

Guest GedBlake

Thanks for the reply, have downloaded all these files before as have flashed customs on my vega a few times and also managed to get it into recovery mode plenty of times before but on this occasion it will just not go into recovery and im guessing this is due to the wrong drivers bring installed on the vega, I have tried to install new drivers with the Audi tool but this fails and have tried to get into recovery using a mac, windows xp and windows 7 but none of them recognise the vega until it switches on and boots into the "vega is free software" screen and just hangs. The drivers are mpt drivers that windows fail to install when the vega is plugged in. Hope that makes sense cos not sure if it makes sense to me lol

Hi, csmcpb,

"...have tried to get into recovery using a MAC, WINDOWS XP and WINDOWS 7 but none of them recognise the vega..."

This doesn't sound like a driver issue to me; you have tried 3 PC boxes and to no avail... either that's one hell of an unfortunate coincidence, or something else is at play...

The whole BACKBUTTON>POWERBUTTON>BACKBUTTON sequence requires precise timing, but I suspect that's not a problem for you.

An alternate method (by partner) is as follows;

1. Unplug from the charger and the computer

2. Press back (Don't release it)

3. Plug in the charger

4. Connect to the computer

5. Press the power button

6. Wait more than 2 seconds and release the back button

(From http://www.tabletroms.com/forums/vega-rom-development/3084-%5Brom%5D-honey-ice-24.html post143)

GED.

Edit - The Vega should be powered down prior to this sequence; long press (6 seconds) the POWERBUTTON to guarantee this.

Edited by GedBlake

Guest BillyBobJoe

Hi, csmcpb,

"...have tried to get into recovery using a MAC, WINDOWS XP and WINDOWS 7 but none of them recognise the vega..."

This doesn't sound like a driver issue to me; you have tried 3 PC boxes and to no avail... either that's one hell of an unfortunate coincidence, or something else is at play...

Guys,

Don't panic it is a driver issue it was one of those things that came out of trying to overcome other problems. Ed made some changes which means that the standard driver doesn't seem to work. I have one that should fix your problem, I'll dig out in the morning.

Billy..

Guest BillyBobJoe

Ah mate your a diamond! That would be great, much appreciated! Hope it works lol

Give this a try. Been so long can remember if this works for all the different aspects, ie MTP, Shuttle, etc...

Go to the directory that has the Vega USB drivers, rename the .inf file to something else. Paste in the attached file and should be good to go. You may need to, when prompted, select location for driver. Point at this directory and you should be ok.

android_winusb.zip

Billy..

Guest csmcpb

Thanks Billy

Just a quick question for someone who ain't a computer expert lol, where do I find the vega usb directory? Am probably bein thick but have just finished a night shift, my excuse!

Guest BillyBobJoe

Thanks Billy

Just a quick question for someone who ain't a computer expert lol, where do I find the vega usb directory? Am probably bein thick but have just finished a night shift, my excuse!

Probably the easy is to go to Paul’s original ROM V8 thread and download the USB driver form therefore then you will know exactly where it is …

Billy..

PS My excuse is I’m knee deep in broken tiles as I’m in the process of ripping out our bathroom, joy.

Guest BillyBobJoe

Cheers Billy will get on that tonight! Ha think that's a good enough excuse!

No problem if you are still having problems send me a PM.

Billy..