[ROM][GEN2]LEWA_Fixed_Privacy (Android 2.3.7)[CM7 Based]

Guest ManMetDeHamer

Guest Davidoff59

really Maxsas, its that good. I haven't tried it but was happy with cm7 until lewaos came along and have been using it for maybe 2 weeks. Should I try that rom?

Guest Maxsas360

really Maxsas, its that good. I haven't tried it but was happy with cm7 until lewaos came along and have been using it for maybe 2 weeks. Should I try that rom?

It's stable, smooth (alot smoother than LeWa) and the battery lasts long.

Guest hankhandsome

It's stable, smooth (alot smoother than LeWa) and the battery lasts long.

it doesn't have the CM feature that lets you use the volume keys to advance the music playing though so i can't use it ..

Guest Maxsas360

it doesn't have the CM feature that lets you use the volume keys to advance the music playing though so i can't use it ..

Lewa is good, but not perfect. I didn't even use it's launcher and It's buggy. I prefer Android as it is or MIUIUIUIUI (Lewa isn't that similar to it)

Guest ManMetDeHamer

i really hate that angry birds lockscreen :)

even applying a new theme doesn't get rid of it ..

It should... but from the settings > lockscreen you can change it to diffrent tyles as well

I'm trying this rom since yesterday and I must say that is very nice and smooth.

Whithout the lack of all languages it would be perfect .

I´m using English language but i miss portuguese one.

Nice work.

Regards from Portugal.

sorry for my English!rolleyes.gif

Guest hankhandsome

It should... but from the settings > lockscreen you can change it to diffrent tyles as well

I did eventually figure that out :)

just spent some time getting it all set up nicely how i like it and since it's based on CM it has the softkey feature that advances the music tracks playing so i think i'm going to use it for a few days and see how it goes.

*edit*

interesting. just switched on GPS before i go out to "warm it up". (i know you probably don't have to but it's my weird habit..)

in the space of 15 minutes I lost 7% battery from fully charged 100% to 93%. According to spare parts though, the lions share of the use has come from google service with calendar sync, contact sync and 'services framework'.

and as i'm currently using the phone as it stands to send a couple of texts, i've lost another 5% ..

maybe this isn't for me after all .. oh well

*edit 2*

just wondering, could it be a problem because i was using nofrills ?. maybe the extreme battery drain was due to the way the rom handles nofrills ?.

i might re-install it all and try again ..

Edited by hankhandsome

Guest Davidoff59

hankhandsome, use lbe privacy app from market. You can block Lewas built in apps from accessing stuff. Blocking all their app permissions seemed to make a huge difference on my Battery life. Try it out ands let me know.

Block all permissions on all their proprietary apps like camera has a location permission, baidu input, launcher, Calender and more.

Guest ManMetDeHamer

I did eventually figure that out :)

just spent some time getting it all set up nicely how i like it and since it's based on CM it has the softkey feature that advances the music tracks playing so i think i'm going to use it for a few days and see how it goes.

*edit*

interesting. just switched on GPS before i go out to "warm it up". (i know you probably don't have to but it's my weird habit..)

in the space of 15 minutes I lost 7% battery from fully charged 100% to 93%. According to spare parts though, the lions share of the use has come from google service with calendar sync, contact sync and 'services framework'.

and as i'm currently using the phone as it stands to send a couple of texts, i've lost another 5% ..

maybe this isn't for me after all .. oh well

*edit 2*

just wondering, could it be a problem because i was using nofrills ?. maybe the extreme battery drain was due to the way the rom handles nofrills ?.

i might re-install it all and try again ..

Yea i think its the framework sending data to umeng.com thats causing the battery usage.

you can block it by adding the following to your /system/etc/hosts file

127.0.0.1 www.umeng.com

127.0.0.1 umeng.com

for me with that in place the battery life was damn awesome, most of the time i was still above 50% at the end of the day, with 3g and background sync on all day.

Guest ManMetDeHamer

manmetdehamer, you changed roms yet again lol. How are you finding your new rom? why did you move on from mmhlp?

Haha yep... i just want to try them all :P

I tried to reodex the mmhmp rom becouse it seems odexed roms are faster, but it wouldnt boot anymore..

So i switched to gfs becouse that one is odexed out of the box and it also has the undervolted kernel :)

Guest hankhandsome

Yea i think its the framework sending data to umeng.com thats causing the battery usage.

you can block it by adding the following to your /system/etc/hosts file

I assumed this thread was for the 'fixed' version of the rom anyway that already had umeng blocked. ?? that's the one i downloaded anyway.

still, i'll try and find the hosts file and check

i'll have a look at the privacy app from the market as well.

*edit*

just checked the hosts file and umeng is blocked.

Edited by hankhandsome

Guest ManMetDeHamer

I assumed this thread was for the 'fixed' version of the rom anyway that already had umeng blocked. ?? that's the one i downloaded anyway.

still, i'll try and find the hosts file and check

i'll have a look at the privacy app from the market as well.

If you downloaded the one from the first post it should be in there. BUT if you used adfree android then it gets overwritten and you have to put it back in there.

Edit: uhmm then i guess its not that taking the battery... anyways as with all android roms you should give it a few days to get the battery stats right.

Edited by ManMetDeHamer

Guest doogsville

Lewa is good, but not perfect...

Well, that pretty much sums up every ROM I've ever tried, including CM7 and it's kangs. I would guess no ROM will be perfect for most of us. You just have to try them out and use whatever is the best for you. For me, for now Lewa does what I need, mostly.