How do I update Clockword Mod to the latest version?

Guest The Red

Guest The Red

Hi,

I've got a GEN1 OLED blade. I rooted it and it's currently running ClockworkMod 2.5.1.8 and FLB-Froyo r6. I haven't, obviously, updated in a while.

I want to flash CM7.1 while retaining my blade as GEN1, but first I want to update ClockworkMod.

My question is: How do I update CWM? Is it safe just to use the 'flash ClockworkMod..' option from inside ROM Manager these days?

Guest raverrr

Hi,

I've got a GEN1 OLED blade. I rooted it and it's currently running ClockworkMod 2.5.1.8 and FLB-Froyo r6. I haven't, obviously, updated in a while.

I want to flash CM7.1 while retaining my blade as GEN1, but first I want to update ClockworkMod.

My question is: How do I update CWM? Is it safe just to use the 'flash ClockworkMod..' option from inside ROM Manager these days?

CM7.1 is gen 2 only i think.

Guest Maxsas360

Hi,

Never had a problem with it, so It's safe, but use Wifi with good signal to download it to avoid corruption just in case.

Guest The Red

Cheers lads

ROM Manager kept force closing, even after clearing data for it and Super User, so I did it the old? way I used to do it, with the update.zip. Struggled to find an update img though, but found 4.0.1.5 which should be good enough I suppose.

With CM7.1 being GEN2 only I think I'll go with MMHMP rls7.

Thanks again