What is the best value-for-money smartphone for under £100?

Guest zurpher

Guest hecatae

Depends what you want the device for. Skate has a great big screen and the wt19i you have mentioned is very very loud, and plays most games I've thrown at.

Guest zurpher

It is for my girlfriend and she will use it for facebook, internet browsing, google maps, email, etc. Probably also music but more with headphones so that it does not need loud speakers. She wants a large display but I wonder if that is worth compromising on the faster CPU.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Sere83

Well as a ZTE Blade owner I would never buy another ARM11 based device again. The architecture is just too outdated and even with good Roms I am finding the Blade just too slow nowadays.

Despite the small display I still think the Sony would be a much more enjoyable experience and obviously would have much better sound too.

Edited by Sere83

Guest styrisvps

I would say the for that price the Sony Ericsson XPERIA Play. It is a great smartphone and gaming phone all in one. I just got this phone and I am very happy with it. Great value for money. It cost me £249. It is a playstation phone. It comes pre loaded with 6 games and you can get a lot more games for free. It has just as many apps as the iPhone does and you don't have to rely on iTunes to get everything from. You would probably have to shop around to get it at this price. (I got mine form Littlewoods). It is a sim free phone which means you can have it on any network. It is £199 from amazon and comes with a 8gb memory card or £244 with a 16gb memory card

Guest lonniefilkins

As you say there are some other models like nokia, soni ericson, motorola etc but I would like to prefer samsung. It is my favorite company for smart phones.

Ares Free Download

Edited by lonniefilkins

• 2 weeks later...
Guest InRetro

I currently have the ZTE Blade and been very happy with it, but would like a bit of an upgrade for the same money 18 months on... Specifically, a faster processor and improved camera. I actually prefer the smaller screen, so the Skate doesn't have that much appeal. I'm happy to go up to £150ish for a phone that is an improvement.

I had been considering a Chinese model or similar as I couldn't find anything on the current market that seems to fit the bill, apart from maybe the Xperia Ray. Generally I've only heard bad stories from friends with Android SE phones though...

Any other suggestions at all? Even if not directly available in the uk?

Guest everett_psycho

Since the last post vodafone announced they are selling the huawei ascend g300 for £100 from tomorrow, rooms good for the cash if anyone can find a way to unlock the thing

Guest Dragonahcas

I'm looking for a relatively cheap phone to use at the gym to play spotify on (so my One X battery doesn't get nommed too fast) is the Skate still the top dog?