Solution for audio recording videos.

Guest MasteRij0

Guest MasteRij0

Hello guys.

I have this issue with audio when i make videos, using MT stock camcorder the audio is just crapy, is impossible to understand. I´m pretty sure it´s Acers audio codec that is a crap.

So i use instead LGcamera pro, with the standart audio codec the sound is crapy like the standart MT camcorder, so i use AAC codec that is just fine in normal conditions. But i use it alot LGpro on noise places like over 90 dBs and the sound gets all distorced, its just too loud, and is quite lame me to ask the DJ to put the volume a bit down becouse i want to make a video!

Is there any way to reduce the sound input? Or changing the default MT audio codec that videos uses would be easyier?

Thanks.

You'll never get good audio recording in a noisy place (gig or nightclub etc) on this phone or any other that I'm aware of. The hardware (mic) just isn't up to it. Maybe you could try muffling the audio before it hits the mic - a small piece of high density sponge or something over the mic?

Guest MasteRij0

You'll never get good audio recording in a noisy place (gig or nightclub etc) on this phone or any other that I'm aware of. The hardware (mic) just isn't up to it. Maybe you could try muffling the audio before it hits the mic - a small piece of high density sponge or something over the mic?

My old Nokias did record the audio quite well in clubs, but the video was not great, allways too dark.

Allready try putting my finger over the mic but the end result is the same. looks like the AAC codec used by LG camera pro is too sensitive.

My old Nokias did record the audio quite well in clubs, but the video was not great, allways too dark.

Allready try putting my finger over the mic but the end result is the same. looks like the AAC codec used by LG camera pro is too sensitive.

The software and codec will only get you so far but in this case the limiting factor is the hardware - the mic just isn't up to it. I have never tried, but it may be possible to use some kind of external mic in the headphone jack...?

recording audio in disco or concert places is not easy, it's a problem even for high priced cameras

the app you are using for video recording should support also the audio level control and Lgcamera Pro (or the stock software) doesnt support it.

Edited by onesky