[Development][ROM] Stock FROYO + 2.6.32 kernel

Guest pier11

Hello.

This rom is very nice. Battery life is good, it is smooth, I like it. Only three things I would change but I don't know how :(

First, I don't like vanilla theme and white status bar.

Second, apn switch in notifications is really anoying, I just hate it :)

And third and most important, I cannot live without a battery percentage in the status bar default battery icon (I know that there are apps for that but the way it is implemented in cm6 is just awesome and anything else would be just a step back for me).

I can live with the first one but the second and third I just hope that someone would give me some advice on what to change, add or replace.

Thank you all for your great work.

P.S. WiFi works well.

Edited by didije

Hello.

This rom is very nice. Battery life is good, it is smooth, I like it. Only three things I would change but I don't know how :(

Second, apn switch in notifications is really anoying, I just hate it :)

And third and most important, I cannot live without a battery percentage in the status bar default battery icon (I know that there are apps for that but the way it is implemented in cm6 is just awesome and anything else would be just a step back for me).

I can live with the first one but the second and third I just hope that someone would give me some advice on what to change, add or replace.

Thank you all for your great work.

P.S. WiFi works well.

This is a port of Huawei stock rom and is supposed to be just such.

Mods are out of scope of this project. But people should feel free to introduce/maintain customized roms based on this one. (BTW I also prefer black notification bar)

Thanks for feedback on wifi.

When you pause or seek YouTube videos on HQ it does not resume, it says like connection lost or sth like that. On low quality it works. It is a minor glitch that I also noticed in cm6 Roms as well. Just wanted you to know, maybe you missed it..

Edited by didije

So I think the problem with lights is with framework-res.apk, cause we had the problem with cm6 (when using certain themes). It has the same symptoms, whenever changing the brightness they would light up and just turn off when the screen is off or dimmed.

Guest desalesouche

@ pier and dr.flo is this interesting for the rom...? would that apk would add something positive?

http://www.techofweb...l#comment-27763 they say:

The Flash 10.2 APK, when released, was believed to be only compatible with Android 3.0 Honeycomb. But reports say that this version of Flash is also works with Android 2.3 Gingerbread and Android 2.2.x Froyo. Users say that this version loads the video a bit faster than the prior versions.

link: http://www.mediafire...2xo1ro332y63xrc

it is working...

Guest al.daun

T-Mobile use touch screen you this ROM failure Sweden ROM touchscreen failure other ROM normal

For me touchscreen also doesn't work with TRE, CHT8000 and any .32 ROMs. It works normal in UK, HU and DE official 2.1 updates and CM6 .29 (as I am using right now). Maybe Pier should integrate drivers from working ROMs instead of TRE or Huawei OSS.

Guest lloco73

Hello.

I know this is not a theme topic but to the people who wants to change their theme

You can try this

Metamorph clock color change specific to this rom here (both black and white clock are included) - Metamorph needed

A Theme with percentage battery and black status bar here

Guest lloco73

So I think the problem with lights is with framework-res.apk, cause we had the problem with cm6 (when using certain themes). It has the same symptoms, whenever changing the brightness they would light up and just turn off when the screen is off or dimmed.

And what was the solution? there must be some file inside that is related to lights. Does anyone knows the filename?

For me touchscreen also doesn't work with TRE, CHT8000 and any .32 ROMs. It works normal in UK, HU and DE official 2.1 updates and CM6 .29 (as I am using right now). Maybe Pier should integrate drivers from working ROMs instead of TRE or Huawei OSS.

The only theory I have is that official roms load some firmware to touchscreen controller, making it not compatible with rom itself/kernel thereafter.

How to otherwise explain that the following official roms works for you:

- UK, HU, DE,

but the following don't:

TRE, CHT??

I can confirm that for self, touchscreen worked fine with the following official roms I tested: UK (all years; it's Pulse after all), TRE, CHT.

And what was the solution? there must be some file inside that is related to lights. Does anyone knows the filename?

I'd also like to know that.

We've figured, that the following properties switch some important things in rom, namely lights, wifi hotspot, icon captions and possibly more:

ro.config.hw_opta=177

ro.config.hw_optb=840

The above combination from Ascend WILL make lights work, but WILL disable wifi hotspot menu option. Thus was not accepted as a solution.

We need to figure where that 177/840 are used that control lights and/or the hotspot...

Edited by pier11

Guest yunzhiyue

The only theory I have is that official roms load some firmware to touchscreen controller, making it not compatible with rom itself/kernel thereafter.

How to otherwise explain that the following official roms works for you:

- UK, HU, DE,

but the following don't:

TRE, CHT??

I can confirm that for self, touchscreen worked fine with the following official roms I tested: UK (all years; it's Pulse after all), TRE, CHT.

Many people use TRE CHT Sweden ROM touch screen does not work, any other version of the ROM to normal, hope your ROM drive can be replaced, thank you!

Guest al.daun

Many people use TRE CHT Sweden ROM touch screen does not work, any other version of the ROM to normal, hope your ROM drive can be replaced, thank you!

pier11, if i remeber right you used the driver from the huawei open source tree and you had to tweak the kernel or the driver to function correctly so you were able to use the touchscreen in the beginning. why don't you give it a try and include the driver from another source? the one from cm6 with .29 kernel works well and you said it didn't change from .29 to .32 kernel.

as you can see there are more people who have the problems. please give it a try. i will test any kernel you can provide. just pm me.

btw, my now used t-mobile pulse seems to be a quite early manufactured model (from the s/n compared to others). it's a replacment model from t-mobile after my originally bought one (in nov 2009) had a failure in its usb-port.

Guest andylau1988

So it seems that this stock ROM is now fully operational, and ready to be the base of all MOD-s.

Sweet cool.gif

This is a very good rom, but I found a little problem of the media volume, adjust the volume to a minimum when the volume is still very large,can you modify it? Thank you for everything!...

changed to these values ​​and rebooted the phone

Did you read that in this thread? It is posted several times :D:D

You can use this as long as you are not missing the wifi tethering option in settings...

(which is not functional at the moment)

Guest desalesouche

This is a very good rom, but I found a little problem of the media volume, adjust the volume to a minimum when the volume is still very large,can you modify it? Thank you for everything!...

i am thinking about little deaf people like me :) ...if we change that i would have more problem to hear....but if there is no change it is still possible to down volume with button....