[Development][ROM] Stock FROYO + 2.6.32 kernel

Guest pier11

i am thinking about little deaf people like me :) ...if we change that i would have more problem to hear....but if there is no change it is still possible to down volume with button....

I still think we should find root cause of the rather problem. Then each could adjust to his/her needs.

If it'd be matter of couple files, I don't think it'd be very difficult to change them.

Very many people have complained on excessively loud default sound level. I'd guess this causes even distortion of sound, as our loudspeaker is not able reproduce such volume without distortion.

I still think we should find root cause of the rather problem. Then each could adjust to his/her needs.

If it'd be matter of couple files, I don't think it'd be very difficult to change them.

Very many people have complained on excessively loud default sound level. I'd guess this causes even distortion of sound, as our loudspeaker is not able reproduce such volume without distortion.

It is just a brave untested guess: When I had some trouble with audio libs crashing on ideos x3 rom, I found that I can replace it with cm7 versions os files, only if I exchange together libaudio, libaudioflinger, libaudiopolicy, libmedia. This combination gave working audio. Replacing just libaudio, as we previously tried on u8150, breaks audio.

Posssibly the same set of files (taken from cm6-clean this time) integrates well into um840? If it integrates correctly, it will maybe behave differently with regard to volume. If it does, desalesouche could in turn try that set of files from um840 on cm6 and see if he can get louder volume there as needed by him.

Guest Kareem Vampire

There's a problem with arabic in this rom the arabic letters appears this way ك ر ي م instead of كريم and there's another problem with arabic but I can't explain it can you please solve it if you can... thanks dude,

By the way this is my first post in this site.....

Edited by Kareem Vampire

There's a problem with arabic in this rom the arabic letters appears this way ك ر ي م instead of كريم and there's another problem with arabic but I can't explain it can you please solve it if you can... thanks dude, By the way this is my first post in this site.....

We've had such reports already. Thanks anyway.

This rom is a port of official Huawei rom for UM840 device. I did nothing that'd affect font rendering in this rom. I guess UM840 devices have the same problem.

I don't know solution to this problem. Please try to find solution and propose it here. Thanks.

Guest Kareem Vampire

Thanks and sorry I didn't know that this problem was reported before

This rom is a port of official Huawei rom for UM840 device. I did nothing that'd affect font rendering in this rom. I guess UM840 devices have the same problem.

I don't know solution to this problem. Please try to find solution and propose it here. Thanks.

Edited by Kareem Vampire

Guest EgyptoBoy
<br /><b><font face="Century Gothic"><font size="4">There's a problem with arabic in this rom the arabic letters appears this way ك ر ي م instead of كريم and there's another problem with arabic but I can't explain it can you please solve it if you can... thanks dude,<br />By the way this is my first post in this site.....<br /></font></font></b><br />
<br /><br /><br />

try to install this patch via recovery clockwork after installing the main rom :

http://www.mediafire.com/?4vjjzsvsv55j87s

this patch was taken from twrock's TXG rom

good luck ya sa7by.

The background and the "solution" for CM6 is all there.

Guest Smikeyy

A Very interesting development and I'm liking it so far it runs smoothly on my Pulse U8220. Although I thought I would point out a few factor issues.

1. Front LED Lights non working (Already Mentioned)
  2. Phone reboots after text message has been received.
  3. The phone would perhaps need a bigger ROM (Not the UK 2.1's there too small as already stated) before flashing this version of Android 2.2 custom ROM development.
  4. Due to the Pulse's low memory capacity unessential market applications pre-installed take up a lot of internal memory Although S.D Shifting Apps possible on certain reinstalled app's.
  5. Removal of S.D. Card prompts the phone to forced reboot.

I'm very happy with the development with this ROM it would be great if you could make this ROM somehow smaller to save a reasonable amount of reversed memory. :)

Guest Smikeyy

I have flashed the CHT rom before flashing this ROM and the touch screen is working fine. Pulse U8220.

The only theory I have is that official roms load some firmware to touchscreen controller, making it not compatible with rom itself/kernel thereafter.

How to otherwise explain that the following official roms works for you:

- UK, HU, DE,

but the following don't:

TRE, CHT??

I can confirm that for self, touchscreen worked fine with the following official roms I tested: UK (all years; it's Pulse after all), TRE, CHT.

I tried this patch before but after installing it my phone stuck on the first white screen with huawei logo

It would have been great if the patch for CM6 worked without any other change on this "stock" Froyo rom, but it looks like it's not going to be that simple. Has anyone gotten that patch to work with this rom?

One thing to remember is that unless you have the space in /system, that patch might overfill it. It's a big patch.

My best guess is that the same process for getting it to work on CM6 needs to be followed for this rom. So I suggest anyone who is interested in getting this to work should review that whole thread so you understand how it got worked out.

Edited by twrock

about ro.config.hw_opta/ro.config.hw_optb i can see some references in:

framework.jar/classes.dex

android.policy.jar/classes.dex

true, checked, they are in:

framework.jar:

com/android/internal/telephony/cdma/CdmaCallTracker*

com/android/internal/telephony/gsm/GsmMmiCode*

com/android/internal/telephony/gsm/GsmCallTracker*

com/android/internal/telephony/gsm/GsmServiceStateTracker*

com/android/internal/telephony/gsm/GsmConnection*

android.policy.jar:

com/android/internal/policy/impl/LockScreen*

but I can't see relevance to keypad lights or wifi hotspot... (for that reason I did not dig into code...)

If curious this is how Ascend is specifically got identified by opta/optb in code. It's hardcoded.

The below is my reassembly in Java-like language. Comments are mine as well.

The logic there is: if opta/optb is like 153/840 or 177/840, then it is Ascend.

(Unfortunately from practice 153/840 doesn't turn on lights :) )

class DisplayDeviceInfo {

IS_M860;

//constructor

DisplayDeviceInfo () {

IS_M860 = android.os.SystemProperties.getInt("ro.config.hw_opta");

}

getPhoneType() {

//0x99 = 153 decimal = Cricket @opta

//0xb1 = 177 decimal = metroPCS @opta

if (IS_M860 == 0x99) || (IS_M860 == 0xb1) {

//0x348 = decimal 840 = USA Country @optb

if (android.os.SystemProperties.getInt("ro.config.hw_optb") == 0x348) {

return 1;

}

}

return 0;	

}

}

Guest lloco73

If curious this is how Ascend is specifically got identified by opta/optb in code. It's hardcoded.

The below is my reassembly in Java-like language. Comments are mine as well.

The logic there is: if opta/optb is like 153/840 or 177/840, then it is Ascend.

(Unfortunately from practice 153/840 doesn't turn on lights :) )

class DisplayDeviceInfo {

IS_M860;

//constructor

DisplayDeviceInfo () {

IS_M860 = android.os.SystemProperties.getInt("ro.config.hw_opta");

}

getPhoneType() {

//0x99 = 153 decimal = Cricket @opta

//0xb1 = 177 decimal = metroPCS @opta

if (IS_M860 == 0x99) || (IS_M860 == 0xb1) {

//0x348 = decimal 840 = USA Country @optb

if (android.os.SystemProperties.getInt("ro.config.hw_optb") == 0x348) {

return 1;

}

}

return 0;	

}

}

So we should try to find other rom and see in what it differs from this values. Perhaps an european model the X5?

So we should try to find other rom and see in what it differs from this values. Perhaps an european model the X5?

I'd guess we should find places like this one which exactly affect out lights and hotspot.

the above was just example in code where Ascend device got into picture.

Guest twrock

Was SetMAC Address ever resolved? I just tried to use it and really made a mess of things. Wifi is stuck on, but won't connect. Any attempt to do anything with wifi (including turning it off) results in a reboot. SetMAC Address now reports my address is correct, but nothing about wifi works. Looks like I have to reinstall.

Guest dr.flo

Was SetMAC Address ever resolved? I just tried to use it and really made a mess of things. Wifi is stuck on, but won't connect. Any attempt to do anything with wifi (including turning it off) results in a reboot. SetMAC Address now reports my address is correct, but nothing about wifi works. Looks like I have to reinstall.

Hm...... just guessing now.... when I tried cm6 with kernel .32 and experiences wifi problems including reboot when trying to turn it off, I had already used setmacaddress before. Maybe you did too. Could it be that having set the mac address makes any difference when using new wifi driver? This wifi related reboot reminds me a bit...