[Development][ROM] Stock FROYO + 2.6.32 kernel

Guest pier11

likely it is only me who have reflashed own "production" prone about 300 times and counting :)

I did the same until last week... It's not only you. But sometimes there are cheap pulses on ebay where someone managed to break the usb connector. Rendering the phone useless because you cannot charge it. I was lucky and managed to re-solder the usb connector. Phone back alive....

The phones flash chip will survive several 100,000 flash cycles I would expect ;)

Btw do you know of any reports that swap broke sd cards because of too many write cycles. It is often told that this may happen - but is this really the case?

Btw do you know of any reports that swap broke sd cards because of too many write cycles. It is often told that this may happen - but is this really the case?

didn't hear myself such reports.

On the other hand /cache and /data partition are resided on the same flash storage as /system (we increase /system at expense of /data for example). And /cache and /data is constantly updated. So just one time reflashing (say rewriting) should be not issue at all!

didn't hear myself such reports.

On the other hand /cache and /data partition are resided on the same flash storage as /system (we increase /system at expense of /data for example). And /cache and /data is constantly updated. So just one time reflashing (say rewriting) should be not issue at all!

Might even mean that swap on sdcard reliefs some write cycles from internal memory as androids native mechanism doesn't terminate apps (and persist their state by writing to internal memory) that often..

Installed youtube (pull from data/app, push to system/app).

With HQ on, I can view "video", when turning HQ off, just black screen. Then I need to reboot the phone in order to restore HQ. Likely related to broken video recording in camera.

I say "video" not video, because it feels like 1-2 fps....

I still believe that some of the omx files (at least the proprietary ones) should be taken from pulse eclair. Maybe those that posted about HQ videos made working with files from u8150-froyo didn't notice they broke non-HQ at the same time... I never really looked at video playback myself, so I cannot tell - yet.

as I suspected:

adding

libmm-adspsvc.so edit: this one doesn't matter.

libOmxH264Dec.so

libOmxMpeg4Dec.so

libOmxVidEnc.so

from our proprietary files list makes

- non-HQ video work in youtube app

- video thumbnails in gallery

- playback video recorded by cam on other roms

- record video with camera

- BUT: disables HQ video in youtube. Now we need to find a mix of files that allows both....

Nevertheless I prefer the state with replaced libs over the state where only HQ slow motion was possible :lol:

Edited by dr.flo

no, youtube is hiding for me too, as well as other buddies - gmail, documents2go, and others. Looks like only Maps was comfortable in /data/app.

This works - documents2go shows up after reboot

adb remount

adb shell

sh-3.2# cd /data

sh-3.2# mkdir sys_app

sh-3.2# cd sys_app 

sh-3.2# mv ../app/DocumentToGo.apk .

sh-3.2# cd /system/app

sh-3.2# ln -s /data/sys_app/DocumentToGo.apk  DocumentToGo.apk

The update.zip could be modified to do this by default...

Or maybe symlink tts and media other folders to /data and leave all apks in system/app...

Edited by dr.flo

This works - documents2go shows up after reboot

adb remount

adb shell

sh-3.2# cd /data

sh-3.2# mkdir sys_app

sh-3.2# cd sys_app 

sh-3.2# mv ../app/DocumentToGo.apk .

sh-3.2# cd /system/app

sh-3.2# ln -s /data/sys_app/DocumentToGo.apk  DocumentToGo.apk

The update.zip could be modified to do this by default...

Or maybe symlink tts and media other folders to /data and leave all apks in system/app...

looks like you've just recreated Links2SD app :)

I'd rather remove completely that apps as most available on Market anyway - Gmail, Talk, Google Voice, You Tube.

I'll also try to install the app and if succeed, try to add that installed (and hopefully modified inside - META-INF) apps into rom. Or alternatively even get newer version of them from market.

Edited by pier11

Guest desalesouche

as I suspected:

adding

libOmxH264Dec.so

libOmxMpeg4Dec.so

libOmxVidEnc.so

- BUT: disables HQ video in youtube. Now we need to find a mix of files that allows both....

Nevertheless I prefer the state with replaced libs over the state where only HQ slow motion was possible :lol:

i have done it and same result...so i first change libOmxH264Dec.so i took it from um840-20120213 and now i can see youtube with or without HQ./camera still work...

i also change libOmxCore.so but i think it doesn²t matter.

what about storage and moving apps to sd ?

Edited by desalesouche

as I suspected:

adding

libOmxH264Dec.so

libOmxMpeg4Dec.so

libOmxVidEnc.so

Confirm that.

Can also achieve the same with the four mentioned files from the LG GW620 froyo rom.

It's a shame that HQ youtube video doesn't play well as it did on cm7.2 with all libomx* transferred from u8150 (which are identical to um840).

What is situation with HQ video on cm6?

It's a shame that HQ youtube video doesn't play well as it did on cm7.2 with all libomx* transferred from u8150 (which are identical to um840).

What is situation with HQ video on cm6?

cm6-clean: HQ==black screen, other video normal.

TXG I don't know.

Does it really play fluently on cm7? This is worth investigating. Initially I thought our device is not capable of playing HQ at reasonable framerates, but if cm7 can do it...

cm6-clean: HQ==black screen, other video normal.

TXG I don't know.

Does it really play fluently on cm7? This is worth investigating. Initially I thought our device is not capable of playing HQ at reasonable framerates, but if cm7 can do it...

yes cm7 plays HQ just fine after changing all libomx* files from u8150...

And HQ mode makes the whole difference - like to compare CRT tv with HDTV

Edited by pier11

Guest mustafa_ale

I tried some experiment with UM840 ROM and Keypad LED working :D

1. Replace boot.img UM840 with boot.img u8150

2. Change Setting - Display - Brightness (uncheck automatic brightness) just trigger to make keypad LED on

Edit

Back off when screen off :blink:

maybe we should edit build.prop or any file to configure to make (no automatic brightness) default on booting

sorry for my english

Edited by mustafa_ale

maybe we should edit build.prop or any file to configure to make (no automatic brightness) default on booting

This sould be done in any case since our phone does not support automatic brightness, there is no sensor for it (as far as I know).

Just disabling this option does not turn leds on.

But maybe worth to flash u8150 rom once again and check if lights work there when disabling automatic brightness. If so, we would have to find out how to "port" that condition to um840... should be in ramdisk then...

Guest mustafa_ale

This sould be done in any case since our phone does not support automatic brightness, there is no sensor for it (as far as I know).

Just disabling this option does not turn leds on.

But maybe worth to flash u8150 rom once again and check if lights work there when disabling automatic brightness. If so, we would have to find out how to "port" that condition to um840... should be in ramdisk then...

The point is when disabling or enabling brightness, keypad will turn on.

i have not tried on u8150

Try this freshly compiled libloc_api.so, origin: https://github.com/O...rdware_qcom_gps instead of corresponding cyanogenmod repository

Seems to be working for me with cm6. Should work with um840 rom also.

None of our ported roms had gps working up to now. I always looked at that, hoping I could borrow something to fix gps icon bug. Maybe this openetna version does the trick...

If it doesn't, we still have the option to use eclair lib and live with gps icon staying on. better than no gps at all.

Tested a bit.

Looks like with stock libloc_api-rpc.so from um840 it won't work at all. Waited for 3 minutes - nothing, while when it's working, I get my position nearly instantaneously.

The two libloc libs from cm6 looks like work best apart from that icon. It quickly find position and "fix" the icon (On stock eclair it indicated, that my position is finally resolved.)

Now if remain libloc_api-rpc.so from cm6 (is it right?) and replace your new libloc_api.so, it quickly finds position, but gps icon keeps annoyingly flashing (like it's not settled yet). Disappear for a sec or two and keeps flashing again.

It's not always like that, but at least half of times (3 out of 5 I tested).

To it's credit, the icon disappears after say 30 sec after Maps closed.

Edited by pier11

Tested a bit.

Looks like with stock libloc_api-rpc.so from um840 it won't work at all. Waited for 3 minutes - nothing, while when it's working, I get my position nearly instantaneously.

The two libloc libs from cm6 looks like work best apart from that icon. It quickly find position and "fix" the icon (On stock eclair it indicated, that my position is finally resolved.)

Now if remain libloc_api-rpc.so from cm6 (is it right?) and replace your new libloc_api.so, it quickly finds position, but gps icon keeps annoyingly flashing (like it's not settled yet). Disappear for a sec or two and keeps flashing again.

It's not always like that, but at least half of times (3 out of 5 I tested).

To it's credit, the icon disappears after say 30 sec after Maps closed.

I hate GPS.... ;)

Seems we have no version running without issues then...

Normally, libloc_api-rpc.so should not be relevant with freshly compiled driver (it links to libloc_api-rpc statically). Have you tried using only the new libloc_api.so file and removing libloc_api-rpc.so?

video:

on cm6-clean, when replacing only libOmxH264Dec.so with the version from um840, I have fluent HQ video in youtube app. Normal video still working.

-> some part of hw acceleration is still broken in um840 rom?

Edited by dr.flo

video:

on cm6-clean, when replacing only libOmxH264Dec.so with the version from um840, I have fluent HQ video in youtube app. Normal video still working.

see, what a positive influence competition with um840 provides :)

fluent HQ is a serious thing to acquire by our cm6.

video:

It looks so to me too.

Noticed white square on prone boot? This is used to be ADNROID logo animation before libGLES_qcom.so and egl.cfg where added. It helped Neocore but killed the boot animation.

My be we should at least write proper GL version to build.prop?.. to begin with

Noticed white square on prone boot? This is used to be ADNROID logo animation before libGLES_qcom.so and egl.cfg where added. It helped Neocore but killed the boot animation.

My be we should at least write proper GL version to build.prop?.. to begin with

Noticed. Was also there in u8150 after adding libGLES_qcom.so.

We should try - would be nice if just a little build.prop thing fixes it all.

edit: tried - still white square

Edited by dr.flo

Have you tried using only the new libloc_api.so file and removing libloc_api-rpc.so?

It looks like it helped! The icon finally settles! (no flashing)

that libloc_api-rpc.so definitely influenced. As one from um840 just prevented gps to work. And the one from cm6 made it keep blinking.

Now removing it seems helping.

interesting mechanism, isn't it?

tested more, still can't settle some times...

But position is determined just great and quick.

Looks like (according to blinking icon) it is not satisfied with what it found and wants to re-obtain its position again and again for some reason.

I guess this method would work

http://www.pocketabl...oid-device.html

It's not that the device is completely closed. Superuser's shell is available via adb right out of box.

To have superuser via UI, it's just required to push Superuser.apk and 'su' via adb, set privileges to 'su', and possibly add link to 'su' from inside /system/xbin as well.

Did it myself manually, but decided not to include to rom to not mess with its 'stock' status much yet.