Nexus S Vs. LG 2x

Guest stonebear

I never tried ICS on Nexus S before (because i sold it long ago)

But I always thought that upgrading to ICS will make it even more snappy. :S

Anyhow, compare the O2x with the Nexus S before you make any last decision. :)

Guest stonebear

I never tried ICS on Nexus S before (because i sold it long ago)

But I always thought that upgrading to ICS will make it even more snappy. :S

Anyhow, compare the O2x with the Nexus S before you make any last decision. :)

It has definitely slowed it down.

Now I can't go back (which I need to do if I was going to return it) without rooting and installing a recovery etc. I could probably sell it on Ebay or I could always keep it and overclock it but...

I dunno, the O2X will be here soon to complicate matters even further, lol.

Guest stonebear

Well, you can keep both of them :P

Tempting, lol. But no.

The O2X arrived and first impressions are good, I prefer the look and feel of it over the Nexus S. The Nexus feels very cheaply made and looks like a canoe due to the curved screen. The O2X feels like a classy bit of kit in comparison.

It is charging now so I will get to play with it later.

Guest stonebear

o2x has nvflash with wich you can return to absolute stok condition. I bet there is a tool like it for the nexus too

Haven't found anything yet but surely there has to be a way.

Tempting, lol. But no.

The O2X arrived and first impressions are good, I prefer the look and feel of it over the Nexus S. The Nexus feels very cheaply made and looks like a canoe due to the curved screen. The O2X feels like a classy bit of kit in comparison.

It is charging now so I will get to play with it later.

Yes, the LG o2X looks much better. If it has the software stability/smoothness of Nexus S it will be the best phone ever. :P

Guest stonebear

Yes, the LG o2X looks much better. If it has the software stability/smoothness of Nexus S it will be the best phone ever. :P

Have you really not found a custom rom you are happy with? That does worry me, I want a phone that works perfectly.

Guest mparack

So funny. I write a message about how all the problems are sorted then the alarm failed this morning. Something to be careful of on the O2X (alarm sometimes doesnt go off whilst phone is charging)

I have had that before. Sometimes the clock gets 'stuck' and doesn't update until you wake the phone up and you miss the alarm. It has happened to me only once so far. Never happened on V20O though.

stonebear, I'd wait for Paul's GR6 which is based on V20O before deciding. I am using a stock unoptimised version of V20O and it is already much better than anything I have seen in the past and I am confident that once Paul works his magic on it, it will be close to perfect.

At 200 quid a pop, I'd go for the O2X over the Nexus S as it is just so much nicer hardware-wise. It is easy to mod, almost unbrickable and there are so many ROMs and custom kernels to play with.

Guest stonebear

I have had that before. Sometimes the clock gets 'stuck' and doesn't update until you wake the phone up and you miss the alarm. It has happened to me only once so far. Never happened on V20O though.

stonebear, I'd wait for Paul's GR6 which is based on V20O before deciding. I am using a stock unoptimised version of V20O and it is already much better than anything I have seen in the past and I am confident that once Paul works his magic on it, it will be close to perfect.

At 200 quid a pop, I'd go for the O2X over the Nexus S as it is just so much nicer hardware-wise. It is easy to mod, almost unbrickable and there are so many ROMs and custom kernels to play with.

Thanks, I have to decide within 2 weeks as I now have both phones and can only return the Nexus S within two weeks. I am pretty sure I will be returning it though, the O2X has much better hardware and I am sure I will be able to get perfect software for it soon, so many people are developing for it. Maybe Pauls will be the one. :)

For now I am gonna try cm7kang-O2x-P204-35 OR maybe this rebuild of the leaked V20O http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1408919

Edited by stonebear

Guest stonebear

After just an hour with the O2X with this http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1408919 installed I am 99% sure I will be keeping it.

I also have found out how to return the Nexus S to GB for returning it. http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1062801 It seems I can flash this from CWM and on first boot it overwrites the recovery, therefore wiping CWM.

Guest stonebear

Glad you made your decision. :)

Pat of the reason was the screen on the Nexus, I don't like the curve and it just doesn't seem as vivid as the LG. It's a nice phone though and ICS is nice, even if it does slow it down a tad. :)

I am happy with the LG. cool.gif

Haha, the Galaxy Nexus has a curve too, but it looks much more gorgeous than the Nexus S . :P

I think Nexus S already have outdated hardware. Though the software is excellent. That's most likely the cause of the slowdown on ICS. I'm sure flashing a custom rom get rid of that lagginess.

Anyway, congrats on your new phone. :)

Guest stonebear

I think Nexus S already have outdated hardware. Though the software is excellent. That's most likely the cause of the slowdown on ICS.

That was the main reason for keeping the o2X..

It wasn't so much the curve on the Nexus S screen, it was they way it looks dull and blurry compared to the o2x, it might be that the one I have is faulty, but it doesn't look good at all. It does have it's plus points though, I like how slim and light it is, the O2X feels awkward in the hand compared to the Nexus S.

Guest stonebear

Ensure that you converted to EXT3 if you are downloading a ROM based on EXT3. Like BlazingDragon etc.

Otherwise you won't be able to boot up.

Are stock roms ext3?

This Gueste one is ext4 (I think) and I think it converted what it needed to when it installed.

How do I convert back if I need to please? I need to flash something but I don't know what.

I also installed the 0725 baseband today as the Gueste rom thread strongly recommended I did so.