14 Jun Gr9 (6.3.1) - MoDaCo Custom ROM for the Kindle Fire

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest PaulOBrien
Hi. First of all, thanks a lot for ROMs you are making. You are doing a great job, man!

Now I use your Gr9 ROM and want to know what did you mean writing "Heavily optimised and compressed to take as little space as possible and perform as fast as possible!" ?

I am interested because in previous edition which I have used for a month, all was ok and now, with new release I have some problems like fast battery discharging. Are there some serious changes in Gr9 which can cause something like that?

No, not at all, use something like BetterBatteryStats to diagnose what is using your battery!

P

Guest Benz8

No, not at all, use something like BetterBatteryStats to diagnose what is using your battery!

There no problems anymore and I would like to describe how I decided them. I think it will be useful for people who have the same problem.

First problem after flashing Gr9 were fast discharging of the battery. Another problem I had was playing videos on YouTube in 720p. Videos lagged and my Kindle was really hot while playing 720p.

I followed MoDaCo`s advise and used program to fing out who eats battery. Program I used - PowerTutor. I didn`t find anything serious so I was a bit upset. But yesterday, when I were using SystemApps remover I found Adobe Flash and Adobe Air apps and remembered about article I read 2 years ago there it was said that Apple don`t like AdobeFlash techonology cause of it`s low perfomance. So I shut them down and both problems dissappeared!

Edited by Benz8

Guest Larzzzz

Paul,

On the next update, can the Google Play mask be something other than a Galaxy Tab? Or tweaked,or something.

Absolutely none of the apps I download from Play are recognizing or running as the tablet versions of the apps. This has been the case for the last 3 updates to the ROM at least.

Thank you for your work and skills. They're amazing.

Guest PaulOBrien

I can't download the rom. Download link is not working. Can someone provide a mirror link.

Both links working OK for me.

Paul,

On the next update, can the Google Play mask be something other than a Galaxy Tab? Or tweaked,or something.

Absolutely none of the apps I download from Play are recognizing or running as the tablet versions of the apps. This has been the case for the last 3 updates to the ROM at least.

Thank you for your work and skills. They're amazing.

The Kindle Fire is Gingerbread, there is no 'tablet version' support! :)

P

Guest PaulOBrien

Changelog

26th Jun - Gr9.1 (Gr9 refresh)

• Updated kitchen and prebakes to fix issue with superuser binary and Market Launcher.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest sam glosko

Using the kitchen, getting a

Not Found

The requested URL ********removed********* was not found on this server.

When baking. Subsequent tries boot me to the shop. Any help would be appreciated!

Guest Lawrence Goodman

I love this ROM, but I've encountered one major problem:

I really like being able to send a PDF to my kindle email address and then having it sent back formatted for the kindle. I have never been able to do this with this ROM.

Does anyone know a workaround?

Thanks.

Guest Andrea Lueck

Ok could this be explained b step by step...clicked the bake now link got the zip...extracted zip and then nothing.....paid for membership. I need tech. Support. Thanks!!!

Frustrated Andrea ha!

Guest PaulOBrien
Ok could this be explained b step by step...clicked the bake now link got the zip...extracted zip and then nothing.....paid for membership. I need tech. Support. Thanks!!!

Frustrated Andrea ha!

Don't extract the zip, you have to install it using a recovery image!

P

Guest Andrea Lueck

Okay I'm having major issues getting the root with twrp to work properly it will go into twrp but i can't get the computer (ASUS using Windows 7 64 bit) to recognize that the kindle is in the f:\ drive via usb so i can copy the Modaco ROM to the sdcard... and it keeps getting stuck on boot screen Kindle Fire i'm assuming in fast boot and my boot status is unknown and no matter what website's suggestion with cmd inputs doesn't work. I seriously need outside assistance! Now wondering at a friends suggestion that i might of bricked it.

Edited by Andrea Lueck

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest BlueToast

Paul,

Thank you for such a great ROM. Battery life is outstanding! Stability is excellent! Quality is superb. I traded my iPad off to get a Fire when you first released a ROM for it. You rock dude! I've been running GR9 from the get go and even though I've flashed numerous other ROMs, I always come back to this one. Everything works between the Amazon store and Google Play apps. Nice blend. Thank you!

• 1 month later...
Guest Hoggonator

Hi

Just received a kindle fire for Christmas so I was hoping that someone could kindly answer a few questions for me.

1. Does this ROM work on UK Fires? I assume from the early dates that these were tested on ebay/US sourced units?

2. When you apply this ROM does the fire still look/work like a fire with the benefit of a full Play store being the biggest change?

TIA for any responses, I assume this part of the site may become a little busier after XMas with a slew of new fires being out there.

ETA: UK Fires seem to be on OS ver 7.2.3 so do not know if this ROM will work

Edited by Hoggonator

Hi

Just received a kindle fire for Christmas so I was hoping that someone could kindly answer a few questions for me.

1. Does this ROM work on UK Fires? I assume from the early dates that these were tested on ebay/US sourced units?

2. When you apply this ROM does the fire still look/work like a fire with the benefit of a full Play store being the biggest change?

TIA for any responses, I assume this part of the site may become a little busier after XMas with a slew of new fires being out there.

ETA: UK Fires seem to be on OS ver 7.2.3 so do not know if this ROM will work

Would like to know as well as I've just got myself a kindle fire.

Edited by GB-UK

• 3 weeks later...