[ROM][ZTE Skate] SKatie by Ceco - Android 2.3.5 (DOLBY MOBILE NOW AVAILABLE!!!)

Guest C3C0

Hi can i just ask a probably stupid question. This overwrites the whole rom of the phone when it flashes.

Does that mean it will also unlocks the phone??

Sorry total noob question.

Are you sure you are having correct sound settings in menu Settings / Sounds?

yeah i did but panic over for me i decided to format the phone completely with cwm as if i was installing from there than reboot and install via tpt and hallelujah it works sound and all whoop whoop tbh im mega chuffed with that because this rom is undoubtedly the best one i have come across

Guest HenryRym

Hi Ceco

Have now had the upgrade to V2.0 Skatie working fine for over 24 hours, don't seem to have had any problems - other than of my own making, see below.

Also I can report complete success with installing Flash 11 and BBC iPlayer - am very pleased with this, thanks for the (needed) guidance.

THe only problem has been caused by my own silliness - I got woken up at 6am this morning with the phone warning me that it had less than 20% battery - I did a check to see what had caused it, as it had been in sleep mode (just like me). Turned out that I had somehow tweaked the CPU overclock setting to 920MHz for both fastest AND slowest speeds, so it had been running on full throttle all night. Now set at minimum MHz, hopefully that will give me a full night's sleep. I can see that setting the fastest setting to around 900+MHz gives you more grunt - BUT don't see why a minimum setting is needed, doesn't it just idle by itself? If a minimum setting is a good idea, what should it be? Could this be why the stock alarm may not always work - the CPU is not asleep but set too slow and in a coma?

Very appreciative of your hard work here, very many thanks. I can see this becoming a very interesting hobby - getting into ROMs, the Android OS and App creation might be a lot of fun as I love tweaking and improving things!

I'll keep posting and let you know how I'm getting on with Skatie.

Thanks again

Henry

Guest HenryRym

I can recommend Beautiful Widgets, plenty of clock and weather skins, and the weather has a live wallpaper with swaying blades of grass, far nicer than the Orange one :D

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll check it out and ler you know how I get on .

I have to say that as a complete beginner I'm just overwhemed by the sheer amount of Apps on the maket, so a personal recommendation is much appreciated.

Kind regards

Henry

Hi Ceco

Have now had the upgrade to V2.0 Skatie working fine for over 24 hours, don't seem to have had any problems - other than of my own making, see below.

Also I can report complete success with installing Flash 11 and BBC iPlayer - am very pleased with this, thanks for the (needed) guidance.

THe only problem has been caused by my own silliness - I got woken up at 6am this morning with the phone warning me that it had less than 20% battery - I did a check to see what had caused it, as it had been in sleep mode (just like me). Turned out that I had somehow tweaked the CPU overclock setting to 920MHz for both fastest AND slowest speeds, so it had been running on full throttle all night. Now set at minimum MHz, hopefully that will give me a full night's sleep. I can see that setting the fastest setting to around 900+MHz gives you more grunt - BUT don't see why a minimum setting is needed, doesn't it just idle by itself? If a minimum setting is a good idea, what should it be? Could this be why the stock alarm may not always work - the CPU is not asleep but set too slow and in a coma?

Very appreciative of your hard work here, very many thanks. I can see this becoming a very interesting hobby - getting into ROMs, the Android OS and App creation might be a lot of fun as I love tweaking and improving things!

I'll keep posting and let you know how I'm getting on with Skatie.

Thanks again

Henry

Hello :)

CPU uses the interval you specify by min and max to scale itself according to system needs depending on what's going on in the system. Governor is the boss taking care of how CPU is scaled - according to conditions. It dictates for how long CPU stays at the prescribed frequency. The lower the frequency the lower the battery drain. Stock settings for arm6 CPU is min 245MHz and max at 787MHz. Be aware that "performance" governor ignores the minimum frequency (does not scale) and keeps CPU always at max. When phone is in deep sleep and there are no wakelocks captured the CPU goes offline. So even if you have min set too high it shouldn't matter because CPU when in deepsleep is offline. Now I am quite confused because even if you've had min frequency too high it shouldn't make difference because CPU should've been asleep provided that there is no application running not willing to release the wakelock (some apps are not programmed very batterly life-wise).

Hope this clarifies a bit. You can also take a look at example of the statistics of CPU scaling here:

http://ceco.sk.eu.or...screenshots/cpu

There are apps on market designated for profiling the cpu scaling so you can see for how long the phone runs at particular frequency and for how long it is in offline state.The one in the picture above is called System Tuner.

Best regards,

Ceco

Edited by C3C0

Guest phillgates

Anyone having trouble with wireless network connection, and I cannot conect to the internet using either orange or wireless network, market app doen't work either! have reset phone still no joy....................:angry:

Edited by phillgates

In update kitchen you must set the version you are upgrading from so 1.1 in your case. It should work without wipes (tested myself). But if you are experiencing problems you can:

1) try other kernel

If it doesn't help you can

2) try factory reset.

Guest phillgates

Check your Apn settings. You should use "orange internet".

Regarding wifi - no problems here at all. Works for both kernels. Maybe something wrong with wifi router?

What Apn settings? there were none! there are now though, thought about this just after I posted my previous post, just loading all my previous settings and apps, will report back once complete, thanks all the same though........................:D

Edited by phillgates

Guest phillgates

Hi C3CO

Everything working perfect, and after installing 133 apps, no issues at all, I have successfully transfered 'Media Share' program, which works fine, though I'm having difficulty getting 'Wireless Signal booster' to work! Any advice would be appreciated

cheers

Guest timfimjim

Hi C3CO

Everything working perfect, and after installing 133 apps, no issues at all, I have successfully transfered 'Media Share' program, which works fine, though I'm having difficulty getting 'Wireless Signal booster' to work! Any advice would be appreciated

cheers

I do believe wireless signal booster is only available on the monte carlo stock ROM, and not on any 2.3.5 ROMs. So unfortunately you may not be able to get this working again, unless you use a ROM that used the monte carlo's 2.3.4 ROM as a base.

Guest guiguidu76

Thanks for your custum Rom.

But i can't update to 2.0 from 1.3.

I tried the two kernel and also a wipe data/factory reset but it stay hangs at skatie logo.

i'm back to 1.3.

New kernel - S2 - planned to be released this weekend. I am just testing it.

Features:

- more governors

- more IO schedulers (vr, sio)

- better performance (mainly 3D) - Antutu gives ~100 more points @ 940MHz compared to S1

Guest guiguidu76

Try full upgrade bysetting you current version to 1.1. This will generate big zip with everything since 1.1 included.

Thanks it's work.

No. Unfortunately it is not possible. You must have basic system installed using tpt. Kitchen is just for updates. But will add such option soon.

Edited by C3C0