[ROM][ZTE Skate] SKatie by Ceco - Android 2.3.5 (DOLBY MOBILE NOW AVAILABLE!!!)

Guest C3C0

Guest MrDetonator

New version 2.2. available in the Kitchen.

What's new in version 2.2

- New EGL graphics libraries (thanks to lthunter and stephen)

----- 3D performance remarkably improved

----- antutu screenshots: http://ceco.sk.eu.or...creenshots/gpu/

- Market replaced by Play Store

- does not require wipes before flashing

With 2.1 and Ceco2 it showed 19 FPS in that test.

But will all installed programs wipe after update?

Regarding ES File Manager. What was the reason you did not install it via Kitchen? It should be the same version you installed separately.

I installed it separately because of possibility to update without updating the mod completely.

Edited by MrDetonator

Guest KonstaT

Yes I know about the difference in floating point tests and according to my observations it's strange because

I doubt there is no such difference because it is not noticable by normal use. Benchmarks are just synthetic tests and

they can probably give false results depending on system configuaration, etc. If anyone know the real reason for such differences in FPU tests I would be greatfull

for info.

Low CPU float-point score in AnTuTu can be "fixed" by using libm.so from CM7. It's something that's broken in all ZTE stock ROMs.

It's just something how the benchmarks handles the score, it makes absolutely no difference in real use.

Edit. LOL was beaten by 3 minutes. :D

Edited by KonstaT

Guest MrDetonator

I think there's no use too. But now it's fair comparision, you will not be lower 200 points every time.

5342f1676939.jpg

I guess, there will be much more people using this mod.

PlayStore works, by the way, I heard someone didn't like the round battery indicator, but I think it's very good-looking.

I am just testing new Adreno200 graphics libraries! Looks goog so far.

3D test in Antutu runs at 29 FPS!!!

Look at the 3D performance of Antutu Benchmark. Thats +100 points for 3D compared to old libs!

http://ceco.sk.eu.or...ots/gpu/gpu.png

Need to test it for longer time to see if there is any negative side effects.

Will then release special update - version 2.2 with libraries updated.

You know, I tested 2.1 and 2.2 with GTA3.

Strange but it had same FPS, update didn't help to this game at all.

Did anyone hear about Supercharger: http://forum.xda-dev...ad.php?t=991276 , does it make any improvements?

Edited by MrDetonator

I did. But couldn't see any noticeable difference. By the way. Skatie already has som lowmemory killer settings

built in in /etc/init/d startup script. Basically it does the same tuning as V6.

Guest MrDetonator

I did. But couldn't see any noticeable difference. By the way. Skatie already has som lowmemory killer settings

built in in /etc/init/d startup script. Basically it does the same tuning as V6.

Yes, I saw you discussing them on this site before.

I noticed that performance is much higher than stock ROM.

Yesterday I posted my Antutu Benchmarks result into the test Ranking by Submit Score button and for today it's highest among all Skate results.

Just a small mod.

I didn't like default auto-brightness levels because:

- in low light conditions display is too bright which conserves more battery

- in high light conditions it's hard to see the screen

So I decided to change it:

- less brightness in dark

- more brigthness on sun

Before:

<integer-array name="config_autoBrightnessLcdBacklightValues">

<item>70</item>

<item>90</item>

<item>102</item>

<item>102</item>

<item>110</item>

<item>140</item>

<item>170</item>

<item>210</item>

</integer-array>
After:
<integer-array name="config_autoBrightnessLcdBacklightValues">

<item>20</item>

<item>40</item>

<item>50</item>

<item>90</item>

<item>130</item>

<item>170</item>

<item>210</item>

<item>240</item>

</integer-array>

No version changed. Just regenerate new update via Kitchen and flash.

Rule #1. Don't ask for ETAs. (kidding).

Well I have to persuade myself :) I finally started to use my phone as a normal user :) since

I am having a little break from android deving. I have another side project (C# windows forms) I must

take care of. Quite interesting money there but I am not having that much fun with it like with android deving, unfortunatelly.

Guest tilal6991

Well I have to persuade myself :) I finally started to use my phone as a normal user :) since

I am having a little break from android deving. I have another side project (C# windows forms) I must

take care of. Quite interesting money there but I am not having that much fun with it like with android deving, unfortunatelly.

C# huh? Nice. But VB.NET FTW for me!

Guest tillaz

I finally started to use my phone as a normal user :)

i know how you feel... the whole time i had the skate it never got used like it should lol constantly wiped to test stuff laugh.gif

Guest MrDetonator

Two installation options now available:

Option 1 - TPT

Option 2 - ClockworkMod

More info in the first post

What's the difference? Which improvements does it give?

About removed applications: some default unneeded apps are removed but there's few applications like News and Weather, Google Search link, Google Talk, Voice Search - they just take memory and place in App Drawer. Are they very important, maybe it's better to remove them or make them optional for people who need them? It will save ROM's memory. For Example, Google Voice Search you can install separately from Play Store freely any time.

Does this mod have any sound volume improvements? Default Skate sound is quite low. I used Volume+ to solve this problem but now sound level seems little changed.

Edited by MrDetonator

Sound is the same as stock. You can use Equalizer to improve it. Regarding system apps. They take space in system partition and by removing them you simply won't get more space for your own apps because they install on data partition. If you don't use those you mentioned you can simply hide them from app drawer (if launcher you use supports hiding)

And option 1 and 2 they are just the installation options -the ways how you can install rom

Edited by C3C0

Guest MrDetonator

Sound is the same as stock. You can use Equalizer to improve it. Regarding system apps. They take space in system partition and by removing them you simply won't get more space for your own apps because they install on data partition. If you don't use those you mentioned you can simply hide them from app drawer (if launcher you use supports hiding)

Yes, I know but maybe they can be removed like mail, radio etc.

Guest MrDetonator

And option 1 and 2 they are just the installation options -the ways how you can install rom

Yes, I know but maybe they can be removed like mail, radio etc.

Also, these applications take additional resources: always autostart and start again after closing them.

------------

I have some strange line on the top of the screen that doesn't go away:

post-968903-0-03923400-1331576598_thumb.

It doesn't depend on launcher and stays after reboot.

I didn't change any important things to phone, possible it appeared after removing some buttons from power widget buttons.

-----------

How do you answer so fast, is there E-mail notification here?

Any chance of having the CM7 dialer, contacts & messaging added to the kitchen?

Ok. As soon as i find enough time for it.

EDIT: my first attempt failed. Tillaz's method you linked doesn't work for me. Still getting signature mismatch within andoid.uid.shared component...

I did not have time to investigate further.

Edited by C3C0